ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 6) Discussion thread continued

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 6) Discussion thread continued 

Post#1741 » by HerSports85 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:26 am

His Efficiency!!

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1742 » by E-Balla » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:32 am

SOUL wrote:Damn 4th Q.

Paul with a 31/20 revenge game on me

CP3 with a middle finger to GM E-Balla after a failed trade that would've replaced him with Kings PG Jrue Holiday. GG Soul.

Jarrett Allen with 45 back to back. 38/54 for 90 points in the last 2.

38 lead changes and 27 ties. Iguodala and the death lineup won it but it was a battle early. Jrue and Zubac got killed by the big 2 though.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1743 » by E-Balla » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:46 am

Buzzard wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Seem like more serious injuries this season. Montrezl Harrell 57 days is tough, but I'm sure whoever Eballa replaces him with will put up numbers

I am sure Eballa is sick though. I think him and I were talking about a deal for Harrell not to long ago.

It's cool, he bubble wrapped for the playoffs now. My injury luck been bad this year (again) I'm starting to open up the rotation more as injuries force me to find more positive lineups. Sucks that Harrell getting more minutes was me opening it up lol. Time for the 10 man rotation. Need to lock up HCA against Hoffa but Jarrett Allen staying healthy is key to my season. About to put a 36 mpg cap on some of these guys and bench others vs weaker teams.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#1744 » by Buzzard » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:52 am

E-Balla wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Seem like more serious injuries this season. Montrezl Harrell 57 days is tough, but I'm sure whoever Eballa replaces him with will put up numbers

I am sure Eballa is sick though. I think him and I were talking about a deal for Harrell not to long ago.

It's cool, he bubble wrapped for the playoffs now. My injury luck been bad this year (again) I'm starting to open up the rotation more as injuries force me to find more positive lineups. Sucks that Harrell getting more minutes was me opening it up lol. Time for the 10 man rotation. Need to lock up HCA against Hoffa but Jarrett Allen staying healthy is key to my season. About to put a 36 mpg cap on some of these guys and bench others vs weaker teams.

I have been playing a 9 to 10 man rotation ever since I took over for the SIM. I am still winning but now the injuries are starting to occur despite my efforts.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1745 » by E-Balla » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:58 am

Buzzard wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I am sure Eballa is sick though. I think him and I were talking about a deal for Harrell not to long ago.

I have been playing a 9 to 10 man rotation ever since I took over for the SIM. I am still winning but now the injuries are starting to occur despite my efforts.

Yeah it don't affect injuries too much because they're random, but sitting players completely makes a big difference. My issue is honestly that none of my injuries overlap. They make me just bad enough to lose to other elite teams and it always happens before I play em.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1746 » by Buzzard » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:39 am

E-Balla wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
E-Balla wrote:It's cool, he bubble wrapped for the playoffs now. My injury luck been bad this year (again) I'm starting to open up the rotation more as injuries force me to find more positive lineups. Sucks that Harrell getting more minutes was me opening it up lol. Time for the 10 man rotation. Need to lock up HCA against Hoffa but Jarrett Allen staying healthy is key to my season. About to put a 36 mpg cap on some of these guys and bench others vs weaker teams.

Yeah it don't affect injuries too much because they're random, but sitting players completely makes a big difference. My issue is honestly that none of my injuries overlap. They make me just bad enough to lose to other elite teams and it always happens before I play em.

This is how my mind works. The more minutes per game the higher the percentage ( chance ) of injury. Trae's injury occurred with him getting the highest on my team at 34 per game. Jordan's injury occurred with him getting 28.

The real problem I have with the SIM, is it played Jordan 28 minutes; when I had him and Okongwu splitting the center minutes right down the middle at 24 a piece.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#1747 » by 2010 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:15 am

JOSE ALVARADO

JOSH GREEN

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#1748 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:25 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

I know we talked about not knowing the injury algorithm but maybe a lot of minutes hurts endurance which leads to more injuries? You do seem to get hit with a lot.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1749 » by E-Balla » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:48 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I am sure Eballa is sick though. I think him and I were talking about a deal for Harrell not to long ago.

I know we talked about not knowing the injury algorithm but maybe a lot of minutes hurts endurance which leads to more injuries? You do seem to get hit with a lot.

Doesn't hold up to scrutiny. It seems like I play my guys more than y'all because of my rotation and the way it's split but I don't that way to hopefully get a lot of garbage time minutes the way I do things and run up scores early. Lonzo plays under 30 minutes a night and he's always hurt, Harrell is under 30 minutes and got the big injury. Meanwhile DeMar and Allen actually play about 36+ mpg and they've missed 10 games combined.

Aaron Gordon and Jordan Clarkson ain't play a whole lot of minutes either when you think about it.

Its literally just me getting unlucky twice in a row here lol. Still I'm finally caught back up to Hoffa I need to perfectly balance getting HCA and being postseason ready.

Also a quick search did tell me tendencies and play style contribute to injury? IDK maybe that's my issue?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1750 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:57 pm

E-Balla wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:It's cool, he bubble wrapped for the playoffs now. My injury luck been bad this year (again) I'm starting to open up the rotation more as injuries force me to find more positive lineups. Sucks that Harrell getting more minutes was me opening it up lol. Time for the 10 man rotation. Need to lock up HCA against Hoffa but Jarrett Allen staying healthy is key to my season. About to put a 36 mpg cap on some of these guys and bench others vs weaker teams.

Doesn't hold up to scrutiny. It seems like I play my guys more than y'all because of my rotation and the way it's split but Lonzo plays under 30 minutes a night and he's always hurt, Harrell is under 30 minutes and got the big injury. Meanwhile DeMar and Allen actually play about 36+ mpg and they've missed 10 games combined.

Aaron Gordon and Jordan Clarkson ain't play a whole lot of minutes either when you think about it.

Its literally just me getting unlucky twice in a row here lol. Still I'm finally caught back up to Hoffa I need to perfectly balance getting HCA and being postseason ready.

Also a quick search did tell me tendencies and play style contribute to injury? IDK maybe that's my issue?

Yeah there does seem like a lot of randomness that go into the length of injuries. However I know when I have played Jokic a lot of minutes in a short time period he was out two different times for a short period but then I get an injury to Tyus Jones once I acquired him and he's doesn't play at all.

So back at square one not having any idea who gets injured or why.

ROSTER

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Post#1751 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:20 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Doesn't hold up to scrutiny. It seems like I play my guys more than y'all because of my rotation and the way it's split but Lonzo plays under 30 minutes a night and he's always hurt, Harrell is under 30 minutes and got the big injury. Meanwhile DeMar and Allen actually play about 36+ mpg and they've missed 10 games combined.

Yeah there does seem like a lot of randomness that go into the length of injuries. However I know when I have played Jokic a lot of minutes in a short time period he was out two different times for a short period but then I get an injury to Tyus Jones once I acquired him and he's doesn't play at all.

So back at square one not having any idea who gets injured or why.

Injuries are random as I think they should be, look for instance IRL last night, Steven Adams only plays 27mpg and is now out 3-5 weeks
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,444

Post#1752 » by Context » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:08 pm

I am put this out there to see what the offers will be...I dont need to move him if I dont see something I like...
#1 his salary has its on value...
#2 his sim defensive stats has its value as well...
#3 he can be the difference in securing a chip for a few teams as well...
I like creativity and i might move him for a player the I DEEM valuable!

Mitchell Robinson- $27/3 years

Lets see the offers...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#1753 » by 2010 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:16 pm

Context wrote:I am put this out there to see what the offers will be...I dont need to move him if I dont see something I like...

Lets see the offers...

Interested in seeing the return on this if/when the announcement is made.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,289

Post#1754 » by NewEra » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:59 pm

Yo this has been the longest 11 days ever!
Welcome back GT!

BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,289

Post#1755 » by NewEra » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:12 pm

E-Balla wrote:

CP3 with a middle finger to GM E-Balla after a failed trade that would've replaced him with Kings PG Jrue Holiday. GG Soul.

38 lead changes and 27 ties. Iguodala and the death lineup won it but it was a battle early. Jrue and Zubac got killed by the big 2 though.

You continue to show that it’s not all about star ratings. What Jarrett Allen is consistently doing is unheard of. He may win player of the week.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,444

Post#1756 » by Context » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:15 pm

2010 wrote:
Context wrote:I am put this out there to see what the offers will be...I dont need to move him if I dont see something I like...

Lets see the offers...

Interested in seeing the return on this if/when the announcement is made.

Nothing has been done…
I’m going to give the BAF family more than enough time to submit their offers…I got one already…
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1757 » by E-Balla » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:19 pm

NewEra wrote:
E-Balla wrote:

You continue to show that it’s not all about star ratings. What Jarrett Allen is consistently doing is unheard of. He may win player of the week.

People think when I say that I'm just trying to jerk em on trades lol. Every offer I've gotten for Jarrett Allen doesn't give him the 5 star respect his impact (and real life consistency year to year) deserves.

Hell when I asked about the best non rookie contracts in the league we got a lot of answers but no one pointed out Allen is a top 5 player locked up for $270/5.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1758 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:39 pm

Shout out to my unheralded bench unit (GPII, Herb Jones, and Brandon Clarke)

40 pts on 18/23 from the field (78%)

loving that production

ROSTER

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Post#1759 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:02 pm

E-Balla wrote:
NewEra wrote:
E-Balla wrote:CP3 with a middle finger to GM E-Balla after a failed trade that would've replaced him with Kings PG Jrue Holiday. GG Soul.

People think when I say that I'm just trying to jerk em on trades lol. Every offer I've gotten for Jarrett Allen doesn't give him the 5 star respect his impact (and real life consistency year to year) deserves.

Hell when I asked about the best non rookie contracts in the league we got a lot of answers but no one pointed out Allen is a top 5 player locked up for $270/5.

Been a SIM beast and only looks like he well get better next season

Sent from my SM-G990W using RealGM Forums mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#1760 » by Buzzard » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:53 pm

I don't have a game until the 27th. But I will still be without Trae and Jordan. Its is against the Knicks, with Vucevic out, so a small chance to get a win. I am still looking to improve my roster, so my office is open.

My bad. Vucevic will be back on the 26th. So not much of a chance to win.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams

Return to New York Knicks