ImageImageImageImageImage

As this team is currently constructed would you trade Randle for Porzingis straight up?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Randle for Porzingis

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 127

FrozenEnvelope
Starter
And1: 3,235

Re: As this team is currently constructed would you trade Randle for Porzingis straight up? 

Post#61 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue May 16, 2023 11:59 pm

I'm no Randle fan but you cannot be serious! 43 of you have lost your damn minds! :crazy: :noway:
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Re: As this team is currently constructed would you trade Randle for Porzingis straight up? 

Post#62 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:53 pm

Grinditout wrote:Honestly, yes KP has health issues, but if you're keeping Toppin, might be the ideal scenario.

KP isn't a dog like Randle. Toppin would get so much more opportunity!

We would be trading a shooting problem for a rebounding problem though...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,673

Post#63 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 17, 2023 6:16 pm

i actually voted no here, and i'm VERY open to moving randle. i also like KP's current arc (maturity, improved play). but KP can't play the 4. he's gotta be stretch 5.

i'm looking for a high quality 3/D wing (like everyone else is) in a randle trade.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#64 » by Capn'O » Wed May 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Randle for Kuz makes more sense for eveyone. I've always thought a KP/Randle front line would make a lot of sense.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,173

Post#65 » by Clyde_Style » Thu May 18, 2023 1:31 am

I could see how KP may fit on this roster, but KP's injury history will always be an issue. Best to not go there
ImageImageImage
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,232

Post#66 » by Wildcat » Thu May 18, 2023 1:55 am

duetta wrote:Will Porzingis ever be healthy? Julius is a better low post option.

Why was Dallas so poor defensively with KP in the lineup? What position was he asked to play?

KP essentially played 70 games this season. He and the rest of the starting squad (more or less) were yanked at the end of the season for draft positioning. KP worked on his lower body last offseason. I think he was much more durable this season.

Randle basically refused to play bully ball against Miami, even with Jimmy on him. More jumpers then he had post-up or drives. I really can't say if his low post game is better or not. KP still operates in the post via fade-aways, but another plus is he does pick 'n rolls or pick 'n pops. I can't remember many games where Randle and JB ran a solid 2-man game. You'd think that would play no. 1 and 2.

KP was playing PF for Dallas for the most part. The starting lineup overall was terrible defensively (Timmy, Luka). Not really his burden. Powell was the C. Very weak lineup. KP is better weak side defender. We know what Randle provides.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#67 » by Wildcat » Thu May 18, 2023 2:07 am

spree8 wrote:KP has to play the 5

Seems like he found success at the PF spot. I like him and Mitchell better than Randle and Mitchell defensively. If you go C with KP, you need a bruiser PF. With someone like KP also providing rim protection, I think Mitchell won't look like he's dying on the floor trying to guard everyone's man.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#68 » by Wildcat » Thu May 18, 2023 2:20 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:If they had the same contract length I would, problem is that KP is up for a new deal, and with his health issues that makes him untouchable IMO.

Apologies NDOS, picking up on your post as it's the nearest to mine, but anyone else feel free to chime in.

What "health issues" does KP have that make him "untouchable"?

Is it just he's 7'3" and that's a recipe for suffering season ending injuries?

He has played 57, 43, 51, 65 games the last 4 years, there's just little chance he's going to be healthy the next 4 years as he's approaching 30. His injury history log is long

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/kristaps-porzingis-player-injuries

It's that he's 7'3" and has already had a lot of problems with his lower body. Having a max salary slot on your team taken and the guy is missing 40-50% of the games is something a team can't really overcome.

I'm pretty sure I've watched more Washington games then most people in this thread. KP worked on his lower body last offseason, which helped. He also didn't look gassed by the end of the season. I think you can get 70+ out of him. He would've hit that number, but KP along with the rest of the starting squad were pulled in the last few games. Not that it's possible, but I'd offer him 3 year with a team option for the 4th. He's not going to demand insane money, so it's good to keep that in mind.
rickxdel
Junior
And1: 445

Post#69 » by rickxdel » Thu May 18, 2023 3:38 am

Capn'O wrote:Randle for Kuz makes more sense for eveyone. I've always thought a KP/Randle front line would make a lot of sense.

What kind of contract you think would be fair for Kuz in a deal like this? He's looking for a payday
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,673

Post#70 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 18, 2023 3:41 am

kuzma is the whole wrong direction. like... just keep randle then.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#71 » by Wildcat » Thu May 18, 2023 3:48 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:kuzma is the whole wrong direction. like... just keep randle then.

Anything on BR I take for less than a salt of gain.
TexasMassacre
Junior
And1: 644

Post#72 » by TexasMassacre » Thu May 18, 2023 3:57 am

There was no option for a 'Randle for a used condom' so I chose the Zinger trade.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,063

Post#73 » by TrueWarrior » Thu May 18, 2023 3:58 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:kuzma is the whole wrong direction. like... just keep randle then.

Instead of trading for Kuzma, just trade Julius for whatever and start Obi.

Are we ever going to see if these Obi starting stats are legit? He has averaged 21/6/3 in 34 mpg with a 70% TS% in his 15 career starts (most of them wins) including 18/8 in his only starting playoff game against the Heat (we didnt lose that one because of him at all) and scoring 12 3rd quarter points against the Cavs in game 5 to end them after Julius got hurt. Has also averaged 18/7 per 36 min the last 2 seasons. All in a slow, iso heavy offense with little movement that clearly doesnt suit him and a very short leash.

Don’t understand people who wanna give up assets for mid dudes like Kuzma, Collins, Grant, etc when we havent even seen if our top 10 pick can hold it down. Obi can be a 17-20 ppg, 7-8 rpg, 3-4 apg guy with average shooting and defense. Not a star but a solid starter, same as those other guys. Julius’ raw numbers are better than that but that doesnt mean hes better for the team.

Fans have just been conditioned to think of Obi as only a backup forever because of Thibs. If he fails as a starter he fails, but it would be a shame if he never got a real chance here after his promising starting numbers, being NCAA player of the year, and the 8th pick. What the hell are we doin with the guy besides force him to play like Chris Copeland?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,021

Post#74 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 18, 2023 5:02 am

TrueWarrior wrote:

Instead of trading for Kuzma, just trade Julius for whatever and start Obi.

Are we ever going to see if these Obi starting stats are legit? He has averaged 21/6/3 in 34 mpg with a 70% TS% in his 15 career starts (most of them wins) including 18/8 in his only starting playoff game against the Heat (we didnt lose that one because of him at all) and scoring 12 3rd quarter points against the Cavs in game 5 to end them after Julius got hurt. Has also averaged 18/7 per 36 min the last 2 seasons. All in a slow, iso heavy offense with little movement that clearly doesnt suit him and a very short leash.

Don’t understand people who wanna get dudes like Kuzma, Collins, Grant, etc when we havent even seen if our top 10 pick can hold it down. Obi can be a 17-20 ppg, 7-8 rpg, 3-4 apg guy with average shooting and defense. Not a star but a solid starter, same as those other guys. Julius’ raw numbers are better than that but that doesnt mean hes better for the team. Fans have just been conditioned to think of Obi as only a backup forever because of Thibs.

Randle for picks and a couple role players works for me.

Brunson/Deuce
Grimes/IQ
RJ/Hart
Obi/Role player
Mitch/iHart

A defensive PF would be nice role player. Take on a shorter bad contract to make the picks better. Move on. Addition by subtraction.
:beer: RIP mags
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,722

Post#75 » by Guano » Thu May 18, 2023 5:05 am

i'd rather just keep randle. hope that he can figure it out in the playoffs or we can get another star -unburden him - rather than have kp back on the knicks.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,021

Post#76 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 18, 2023 5:16 am

Guano wrote:i'd rather just keep randle. hope that he can figure it out in the playoffs or we can get another star -unburden him - rather than have kp back on the knicks.

I would rather chew broken glass and rusty nails than keep Randle.
:beer: RIP mags
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,745

Post#77 » by Adelheid » Thu May 18, 2023 8:42 am

KP could fall in line behind brunhim but his durability and health is a major concern
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#78 » by NYKat » Thu May 18, 2023 1:00 pm

Nykbacker wrote:Man you guys are dumb. Randle at least plays hurt. KP doesn’t.

The discourse on this board is flat out insane, I can’t hang around here this off season, it’s gonna be f*cking miserable
KNICKS007
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#79 » by KNICKS007 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 pm

The thought of a Front Court of 2 injury prone big men in Mitch and KP is about as laughable as it gets.

The League is a switch on everything league, and you can't have 2 centers stretch out guarding the perimeter,

The deal for me is

Mitch, Fournier, Mcbride two 2nd picks for

KP and Delon Wright.

Anyway with Scott Perry part of the FO, I can't see him convincing Leon to trade for KP unless he agrees to hire CAA

NO GM or Coach in the NBA would start OBI, a guy you can't shift to no other position(sf or C) . For those of you who look at his numbers as a starter and think there solid, most of his starts came against end-of-the season lottery teams.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#80 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu May 18, 2023 1:12 pm

No

You're not gonna trade a legitimate allstar who plays 79 games a season for a player who plays 60. And that doesn't mean I don't want KP. I'm actually a huge supoorter of bringing him back but KP doesn't solve for replacement star player or upgraded star player.

KP solves for all those other players that could've stepped up. He solves for that C that half of you guys fawn over that cab hit a free throw and spread the floor. He solves for the things critics of Mitch want. And as a Mitch fan who feels he's underutilized KP actually solves for things I refuse to give up in the search to improve that position. Many fans will fix one problem and create a new one. So what I like about KP is he gives the critics that big who can create a little, can spread the floor, hit his FTs and you must defend, however his defense is right on par if not better than Mitch.

In fact I wonder for those who don't like Mitch why KP isn't the first name on the list. He checks every box we need from a C except for durability. And of course, I remember the drama of how he left, but if you could look past the drama, it could be a great move with Randle IN MIND. FOR a guy like Randle. Now he drives in, and the paint isn't conjested because KP is on the perimeter.

So for me a trade is more like Mitch, Toppin plus a first for KP

Brunson, Grimes,Barrett,Randle, KP

That's a pretty balanced lineup. I can't see a reason you WOULDNT wanna explore that other than some emotional response of simply not liking a players attitude or something like that

Return to New York Knicks