ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Debt Limit Sh*t

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Is Biden a P*ssy for not using the 14th amendment or the $Trillion$ coin?

Poll ended at Tue May 23, 2023 12:22 am

Yes, he's a P*ssy.
56%
No, he's a secret Republican. What else is new?
22%
No, he's so bravely going to cut Vet benefits and Food stamps I can't help but smile. We now need more under 10 workers in steel mills to crush the unions.
No votes
I have no opinion till Comrade Putin tells me what to think.
No votes
Wait, is this really 2023?
22%

Total votes: 9

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,229

Re: OT: Debt Limit Sh*t 

Post#221 » by Oscirus » Wed May 31, 2023 10:20 pm

and it passed the congress, had to rely on the dems to save his ass but it passed

well not yet, but technically it is. just in the advanced to the floor stage where it will get passed to the senate
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,342

Post#222 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 31, 2023 11:01 pm

duetta wrote:I have a lot of complaints about Biden but not about this stuff. Our fate was set in stone the moment that that judge drew up 'fair' congressional districts for NY while judges in other states (and the corrupt Supremes) allowed the GOP to gerrymander to their hearts delight.

The entire system is broken due to the Supremes allowing obvious corruption in the drawing of Congressional districts, and in other aspects of campaign law.

As for the larger arguments. Biden obviously thought the 14th Amendment option to be too risky given the six conservatives on the Supreme Court.

The whining about Manchin and Sinema is 'sound and fury, signifying nothing'. As much as I have grown to loathe them, without them in the Democratic coalition there would not be another Democratic judge confirmed over the next two years.

I wish Americans were better educated and more informed about both the vital issues of our day and emerging crisis within representative Democracy. But we are not. We have the least informed electorate in the advanced industrial world. We're dumb and proud of it.

Man this part is so annoying b/c it’s true.

I still have conservatives in my comments pretending the confederacy & KKK are liberal b/c they were Dems. I always respond the same way: go to a KKK meeting and call them liberals. Let me know how that works out for you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,800

Post#223 » by 8516knicks » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:22 am

Grab your popcorn; vote starts in 8 min in the House of Reps.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,800

Post#224 » by 8516knicks » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:29 am

Passed. Now onto the Senate.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,754

Post#225 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:42 am

Two-thirds of the GOP voted for it
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#226 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:24 am

Jack Smith has a recording of Trump confessing to sharing information from stolen high security files with people with no clearances.

Espionage charges should be a lock now.
ImageImageImage
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#227 » by j4remi » Thu Jun 1, 2023 3:05 am

Oscirus wrote:Lets be real even if manchin and sinema go, theres a tester and other hidden dems to take their place. Dems dont want certain things to go through and anoint certain dems to be the bad guy. Wont change with those two leaving.

This is the real problem. There's no actual willpower to do most of this stuff. I wish heads would stop making it about getting rid of Democrats and focus the discussion on actually whipping votes. The Democratic Leadership's inability or lack of willpower to whip votes is the problem.

Machin is a particular focus because he got exactly what he was asking for after all. Manchin's oil interests were well-known, and if they were gonna give in anyway, they might as well have played that card during one of the budget negotiations that occurred when Dems had a majority.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#228 » by Oscirus » Thu Jun 1, 2023 3:11 am

more dems voted for it than republicans. The bill wasnt draconian enough apparently .

**** republicans. So how long till mccarthy's booted?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#229 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 1, 2023 4:15 am

What a world :lol:

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#230 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 1, 2023 4:17 am

Oscirus wrote:more dems voted for it than republicans. The bill wasnt draconian enough apparently .

We need to take back the House and hold (or increase) the Senate, and hold the Presidency. Then we can fck these guys up the azz.
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,429

Post#231 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:35 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Jack Smith has a recording of Trump confessing to sharing information from stolen high security files with people with no clearances.

Smith is zeroing in on finding out why Trump took classified documents from Mar A Lago to his golf course in Bedminster.

I mean, it's fairly likely that Don was selling classified intel and has been for some time. Smith just needs to be able to prove that part too, but he's already got Trump dead to rights on multiple charges, not just espionage.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#232 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Jack Smith has a recording of Trump confessing to sharing information from stolen high security files with people with no clearances.

Smith is zeroing in on finding out why Trump took classified documents from Mar A Lago to his golf course in Bedminster.

I mean, it's fairly likely that Don was selling classified intel and has been for some time. Smith just needs to be able to prove that part too, but he's already got Trump dead to rights on multiple charges, not just espionage.

It is in Trump's nature to sell out his own country for personal gain. He's a natural born traitor.

Anyone with any common sense knew he'd done this after news broke about the stolen files. Now it's up to Jack Smith to prove it. Leaks like this are likely the tip of the iceberg and a tell that they have more evidence than that call alone.

Of all the charges he can be convicted on, espionage would seal the door shut on this vampire most conclusively.
ImageImageImage
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#233 » by Oscirus » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Oscirus wrote:more dems voted for it than republicans. The bill wasnt draconian enough apparently .

We need to take back the House and hold (or increase) the Senate, and hold the Presidency. Then we can fck these guys up the azz.

Schumer sucks, this is the last time we hold the senate as long as he's the head.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#234 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 1, 2023 9:22 pm

Oscirus wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Schumer sucks, this is the last time we hold the senate as long as he's the head.

Agreed. Father Time will take care of these 80s-90s liberals. But, that said, they are much better than republicans.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#235 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jun 2, 2023 2:29 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Agreed. Father Time will take care of these 80s-90s liberals. But, that said, they are much better than republicans.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#236 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jun 2, 2023 3:01 am

Read on Twitter

Flock of Seagulls or Elderly Wolverine :lol:
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#237 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 2, 2023 3:17 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Schumer sucks, this is the last time we hold the senate as long as he's the head.

Spoiler:

I love Dark Brandon. It’s Joe Biden I have issues with. :lol:

How about this shyt?

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#238 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:19 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Spoiler:

I love Dark Brandon. It’s Joe Biden I have issues with. :lol:

How about this shyt?

Read on Twitter

The Republicans were blathering on about how they had a secret whistleblower and then they claimed they couldn't locate the whistleblower as if they had been ghosted because, of course, that person never actually existed in the first place. The fraudulency of the GOP is staggering.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#239 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:33 am

OMG! Stop whatever you're doing. Holy shyt, Donald Trump actually has a heart. There is a soft spot in there. I'm not kidding. And this is what gets to The Donald ...

Trump actually felt bad for Biden and had the self-awareness to mention his own issues walking down the ramp after the West Point Graduation Ceremony.

And, btw, this does not make me feel good at all either. My elderly dad would lose his balance and fall down in the house. I had to pick him up by myself many times. It was heartbreaking.

Anyhow, according to the report, however, this is concerning to high level democrats. My guess is that Gavin Newsom will be recruited to run in the primary.
Free Palestine
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#240 » by Oscirus » Fri Jun 2, 2023 11:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:OMG! Stop whatever you're doing. Holy shyt, Donald Trump actually has a heart. There is a soft spot in there. I'm not kidding. And this is what gets to The Donald ...

Trump actually felt bad for Biden and had the self-awareness to mention his own issues walking down the ramp after the West Point Graduation Ceremony.

And, btw, this does not make me feel good at all either. My elderly dad would lose his balance and fall down in the house. I had to pick him up by myself many times. It was heartbreaking.

Anyhow, according to the report, however, this is concerning to high level democrats. My guess is that Gavin Newsom will be recruited to run in the primary.

If dems wanna get smoked they'll put newsome in there. High level democrats are idiots, I wouldnt trust them to replace him with a correct candidate

Return to New York Knicks