ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: WE WON AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE YES!!!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,711

Re: PG: WE WON AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE YES!!! 

Post#301 » by nedleeds » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:We gave up picks and Grimes in a trade to get Burks

But Grimes is better than Burks in every way and Boj is at the level of a waiver wire flier

Sorry, but this just isn't true.

We traded Grimes and Fournier (filler) for Bogs. We only traded 2 2nds for Burks.

It's also short-sighted to wish we had Grimes back on a night with no Randall, OG, or Mitch -- and Grimes playing one of the best games he's had in months. He probably wouldn't have been traded if he had played like this while here.

Additionally, the KNICKS are acting as if they KNOW what star they're trading in the off-season AND what it will cost. If we land a legit star and Bogs and Burks are pieces to help facilitate that trade, none of this talk about them or missing Grimes will even matter.

Sorry but this just isn't true,

Burks would have just been on the roster if we didn't have to attach him to an insanely terrible contract Peon Rose signed Kemba Walker to that every other team in the league that knows what a knee is laughed at. We gave up a pick to get off Walker, and had to attach Burks.

Leon Rose mops up his own turds after **** on the floor and then gets congratulated.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,549

Post#302 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:55 pm

cgmw wrote:
duetta wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
I think you overstate the vets thing because it ties into a narrative you love about how "Dolan and the Knicks always trading youth and picks etc etc etc", which you attempt to tie this FO into past FO/Dolan behavior.

I'd love if the Knicks built through the draft, keeping all the youth etc, but for most teams it's a mix.
I'm not here to rehash some tank for the great young player argument.

What sucked about PAST Knicks Front Offices (and this one has been good but not great, in general) is that they traded away picks, rarely selected young players, and the ones they got weren't that great.

RJ got significant minutes for several years from this FO, plus past ones.
IQ got significant minutes from this FO
Grimes got significant minutes from this FO.
Mitch gets playing time.
Sims and McBride make their appearances.

The Knicks developed the first 3 players and then used them in good trades. Well, the OG/Precious move was good. Not so sure about Grimes being moved and I think they should have moved a pick instead, if possible.

Young players can be kept, but they can also be used in good trades for young veterans, like OG and Precious.

The Bogs/Burks trade is a different animal and about setting up a trade in the offseason/before next deadline.

It's not like the past when the Knicks rarely had picks because they traded them for aging, mediocre vets.

Buzz as the voice of reason!

Miracle on 34th street.

I didn’t expect Brunson to be this good. Nor did I foresee the emotional excellence of his Knick origin story and the All-in-the-Family vibe of his Godfather and the Nova Boys.

Dolan has found a way to field a good team in his own cronyistic, shortcut image. Credit where it’s due.

PS: Your “team tank” vs. “win now” is an absurdly simplistic binary and I personally wasn’t hoping for what you described in your post. Leon found a championship level cornerstone piece in FA, and now I’m happy sitting back, S’ingTFU, and enjoying the ride for a while. As far as I’m concerned, acquiring Burks was a necessary evil if only to protect Brunson from Maniac playing him 48 mpg.

“team tank” vs. “win now” is just the shorthand for the overall arguments. I think we're all aware of the spectrum of the arguments. I just didn't feel like writing an ebook to spell it out.

Thibs is a nut. I just wish Burks wasn't the solution, because I don't think he functions well as the main PG. However, I guess real PG like players weren't available.

I wouldn't have minded an Ish Smith like guy, or even Fat Lowry, as buyouts, but for good and bad, and it's mostly good, Aller is a fanatic about protecting the cap and plans around it, down to the last dollars. So, there's a bit of current sacrifice for the future good. A good thing to have. That's just an aside.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#303 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:02 pm

HEZI wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HEZI wrote:Monty has good reason to be upset, it looks like a terrible non call and his team got screwed. It balances out because Knicks got screwed in similar fashion a few weeks ago. The refs are horrible there’s no doubt about that but why did the Knicks put themselves in that position in the first place?

Also did we improve after the Pistons trade? So far it looks like a lateral move at best.

Was at the game. Refs were mostly "letting them play" all game, but Brunson got fouled a LOT and there were no calls.
Also, early on, and yes, part of this is how the Knicks were playing, but the FT disparity felt strongly tilted to the Pistons.

I think the team got "better" from the Pistons trade in the context of Bogs or Bogs/Burks playing specific roles on a healthy Knicks team in the playoffs.

My reasons to not like the trade are that I'm not sure this team will be healthy, at all, this year.
It's taking forever for OG to come back.
Randle, it's taking a long time for him to come back, I honestly think he's going to wind up needing surgery and not play, or he comes back and looks like sh*tty end of the year hurt Randle.
And if even just the Randle part is true, the team isn't really going anywhere in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Knicks needed to move Fournier for a player who the Knicks had control over for a year. Yes, they could have picked up Fournier's option and let him rot on the bench another year, but that's a really bad look and probably not realistic.

The fun part is when the Knicks don't make a trade this offseason with the picks.

Everyone assumes the Knicks are going to make a "big move"
Why?

Leon said "they'll build slowly and correctly" and "have the ability to get in on trades"

I think the following happens:

Knicks don't make a "big trade", they trade one of the 2024 picks into the future, so whatever team is pick short this draft but has future picks, and the Knicks draft a player with the other pick.

My thing is did we really improve though? I mean Grimes is better than Burks who stinks and Bojan is better than Fournier but in the role you described it sounds like we could have just played Fournier rather than just give him DNPs to pretty much get the same result, no? If these new guys aren’t providing much boost then it kind of makes the trade look bad because we gave up a young player and some 2nd rounders. Not a big deal but like I said at the moment it looks like a lateral move at best and there is still time left to find out if the trade will pay off eventually but at the moment I think we all expected more than what we have gotten. I’m more disappointed in Bojan because I knew Burks sucks but I expected more from Bojan but he’s really been bad defensively and offensively he seems to be pressing and forcing a lot too but it could be just adjusting to the new team and role.

I think Bogs is more playable than Fournier in the now, but particularly that Bogs is more a 3/4 than Fournier who is like a 3/2.
Well, neither of them can really guard anyone, but for substitutions.

And I think the Knicks felt they'd rather get what Bogs offers at the 3 and 4 backup, than ever letting Fournier backup 3 and 2.
Plus, bad look to extend Fournier and the trade is largely about having the right $ sized contract to put in a trade.

I think the team got slightly better offensively based on fit, and absolutely lost a point of attack defender in Grimes, but it might be the feeling that OG and Hart provide enough there, so they did it.
But yeah, I can see it being looked at as a wash.

It doesn't really feel like 2 players that will help the Knicks win while they are shorthanded.
IF that was the goal, it wasn't really a good trade.
If the goal is the playoffs, MAYBE it was a decent trade. Not even sure of that.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#304 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:I rather it be Spida than Towns!

Replacing Donte with Spida makes us a worse shooting team.

Knicks would have 48 minutes of at least 2 players with offensive gravity, among Brunson, Spida and Randle.

I'm not sure it works, offensively of defensively, and Donte would still get major minutes off the bench.

That would be the pro Mitchell argument.

It's fun to think about, in a frustrating way. Knicks need to get better. There are different players that will make them better, there are a good amount of choices to think about, realistic or not.

The tough part is, if they are really only going to be able to make this one move, which player really makes the difference, especially since it'll have to be a team that has to get past Boston for the next few years.

Sort of how the Riley Knicks figured if they tried to beat the sh*t out of Pippen, maybe they could play the Bulls even, even with MJ.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,771

Post#305 » by robillionaire » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HEZI wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Was at the game. Refs were mostly "letting them play" all game, but Brunson got fouled a LOT and there were no calls.
Also, early on, and yes, part of this is how the Knicks were playing, but the FT disparity felt strongly tilted to the Pistons.

I think the team got "better" from the Pistons trade in the context of Bogs or Bogs/Burks playing specific roles on a healthy Knicks team in the playoffs.

My reasons to not like the trade are that I'm not sure this team will be healthy, at all, this year.
It's taking forever for OG to come back.
Randle, it's taking a long time for him to come back, I honestly think he's going to wind up needing surgery and not play, or he comes back and looks like sh*tty end of the year hurt Randle.
And if even just the Randle part is true, the team isn't really going anywhere in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Knicks needed to move Fournier for a player who the Knicks had control over for a year. Yes, they could have picked up Fournier's option and let him rot on the bench another year, but that's a really bad look and probably not realistic.

The fun part is when the Knicks don't make a trade this offseason with the picks.

Everyone assumes the Knicks are going to make a "big move"
Why?

Leon said "they'll build slowly and correctly" and "have the ability to get in on trades"

I think the following happens:

Knicks don't make a "big trade", they trade one of the 2024 picks into the future, so whatever team is pick short this draft but has future picks, and the Knicks draft a player with the other pick.

My thing is did we really improve though? I mean Grimes is better than Burks who stinks and Bojan is better than Fournier but in the role you described it sounds like we could have just played Fournier rather than just give him DNPs to pretty much get the same result, no? If these new guys aren’t providing much boost then it kind of makes the trade look bad because we gave up a young player and some 2nd rounders. Not a big deal but like I said at the moment it looks like a lateral move at best and there is still time left to find out if the trade will pay off eventually but at the moment I think we all expected more than what we have gotten. I’m more disappointed in Bojan because I knew Burks sucks but I expected more from Bojan but he’s really been bad defensively and offensively he seems to be pressing and forcing a lot too but it could be just adjusting to the new team and role.

I think Bogs is more playable than Fournier in the now, but particularly that Bogs is more a 3/4 than Fournier who is like a 3/2.

And I think the Knicks felt they'd rather get what Bogs offers at the 3 and 4 backup, than ever letting Fournier backup 3 and 2.
Plus, bad look to extend Fournier and the trade is largely about having the right $ sized contract to put in a trade.

I think the team got slightly better offensively based on fit, and absolutely lost a point of attack defender in Grimes, but it might be the feeling that OG and Hart provide enough there, so they did it.

It doesn't really feel like 2 players that will help the Knicks win while they are shorthanded.
If the goal is the playoffs, MAYBE it was a decent trade. Not even sure of that.

imo the goal is ultimately still to trade for a star. We traded away a bunch of garbage. Grimes is the only one of the lot who might have a bit up upside and he’s not as good as the fanbase thought, had fallen out of favor, probably had low or no trade value, was complaining about his role and we weren’t going to keep him anyway. I don’t think it’s a big loss. Burks is an expiring contract basically who will play a very minor role or when everyone is back an injury reserve for 30 games and Bojan is a bit more playable than Fournier heading into next season while also keeping a 20m expiring contract for a star trade who won't be a malcontent like Fournier was. Ultimately the move probably doesn’t move the needle much either way for this season but gives us some flexibility for salary matching in the continued pursuit of a star with a guy who is a more playable instead having to pick up Fournier’s option
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,349

Post#306 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

I think that's a good summary. I'm not sure Burks is better than McBride as a backup PG right now, and how much Bogs helps us during the rest of the season and playoffs remains to be seen.

At best, the trade is kind of a wash and not worth the pick we threw in. That's the best outcome, though I gather they have a couple slightly better contracts they can trade this summer now.

They need to resign I-Hart. Not sure how that plays out, and they need to sign a back-up PG, or draft or trade for one. Do those 2 things and they're pretty well set at all positions.

Leon's made some mistakes, but they still have 2 first round picks next year and potentially 2 extra first round picks in the future, depending on whether teh Wiz or Pistons win enough in the next few years for the pick to come over.

They just need a few things to go right and they could have a good run.

(hope I didnt mess up the quote feature)
I don't remember ever feeling so relieved that a series was over. This one was a bit too tense for me. Great series, but not fun to watch, even though the good guys won.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#307 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:46 pm

robillionaire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HEZI wrote:

imo the goal is ultimately still to trade for a star. We traded away a bunch of garbage. Grimes is the only one of the lot who might have a bit up upside and he’s not as good as the fanbase thought, had fallen out of favor, probably had low or no trade value, was complaining about his role and we weren’t going to keep him anyway. I don’t think it’s a big loss. Burks is an expiring contract basically who will play a very minor role or when everyone is back an injury reserve for 30 games and Bojan is a bit more playable than Fournier heading into next season while also keeping a 20m expiring contract for a star trade who won't be a malcontent like Fournier was. Ultimately the move probably doesn’t move the needle much either way for this season but gives us some flexibility for salary matching in the continued pursuit of a star with a guy who is a more playable instead having to pick up Fournier’s option

Bogs, Sims and 4 picks for Mikal
Randle, Mitch and 3 picks for Towns

Brunson, McBride
Donte, Hart
Mikal, Hart
OG, Precious, Mikal
Towns, iShart,Precious

Full Buzzart
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,857

Post#308 » by Knick4Real » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:47 pm

HEZI wrote:Monty has good reason to be upset, it looks like a terrible non call and his team got screwed. It balances out because Knicks got screwed in similar fashion a few weeks ago. The refs are horrible there’s no doubt about that but why did the Knicks put themselves in that position in the first place?

Also did we improve after the Pistons trade? So far it looks like a lateral move at best.

It only looks that way because the Detroit trade coincided with losing OG, Randle, iHart, and DiVo to injuries. You lose 4 of your 6 starters and then attempt to add 2 new guys to the mix and there are going to be problems. Remember, OG and Randle are still out -- our best defender and our best offensive threat outside of Brunson.

You simply can't judge the team now as if it's a finished product when guys are doing everything they can to fill in for the major void of missing major players. What we're going through now has nothing to do with the Detroit trade but with the injuries. Once the team is healthy again, all the pieces will fit the way they're supposed to fit. Only then can a fair judgment be made on what we have moving forward.
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#309 » by Knick4Real » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:51 pm

Buttah304 wrote:Jesus. Acting like the Knicks lost Xavier McDaniel in Grimes. Y’all really miss his 32% 3PT shooting and 38% FG over his last 15 games. This kid just doesn’t get it with how much he’s been talking to the media this early in his career.

He missed the entire pre-season last year, including the first 6 games of the season due to injury and he legit walked into Evans starting job vs Philly. I don’t want to hear anything about opportunity or touches. He got 27min per game in the playoffs and shot 30/24 splits with a general deer in headlights look. He was the starter this year as well and was seemingly coveted by our FO. His attitude/demeanor and even what he looked like on the sidelines this year is fugazi. Does QG need a warm bottle with milk and to be tucked in at night also? Acting like we somehow lost our identity with this trade when 3/5 starters are out and iHart has been looking like Jason Smith doesn’t help.

JayTWill
Junior
And1: 134

Post#310 » by JayTWill » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:59 pm

I mentioned this before but for everyone that is saying we should wait until the team is healthy to judge the value of Bojan what do you expect to happen if everyone actually does come back healthy? I hated the trade but I was hoping Bogy would eat up minutes so we would not burn out someone like Hart. Hart is still playing 40+ minutes almost every night and Bogey is down to the low 20's already. What will happen to his minutes if OG, Randle and Mitch all come back? What happens if iHart has his minutes restriction removed? He is needed more now than he ever will be if the team is fully healthy.

We brought in a front court player on a team with a decimated front court. How can you even be sure he will have a role to play if the front court is healthy when he is not even logging big minutes on a team that desperately needs help right now?
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#311 » by Knick4Real » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:06 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Guess this makes up for the Houston loss. Whatever. Not our fault NBA zebras are really bad at their jobs.

Hart 3/5 from 3pt is so impactful with the rest of what he does. If you look at NBA history, most winning teams have a guy like him.

Glad that French toast Fournier got booed! You play like **** here, you should get booed! PERIOD!

We miss Grimes and his defense.

100% disagree with this take!

I don't remember Fournier ever dogging it on the court while he was here. By the time we brought him in, he just wasn't good enough to be what we needed from him at the time. I think he genuinely tried but just couldn't be "that guy" for us.

He then got benched but still remained professional the whole time. He stayed quiet while Grimes replaced him. Never went to the media to diss the team or his teammates. He just did his job and stayed ready for the garbage minutes Thibs gave him.

That doesn't deserve booing. We should be better than that. :noway:
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#312 » by Knick4Real » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:10 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks are going to add Mikal Bridges and Towns, with Bogs, Randle and Mitch going out, along with lots of picks, and any of Sims and McBride as filler.

It's Brunson's team.

Randle is great. I just think this is the plan.

I can't shake the feeling that it's Towns either... And if you look at how they built the team it's ready made for a guy with Towns weaknesses to step into.

2 elite rim protectors to surround him with.
a small ball 4/5 who is good on defense and can rim run in Precious.
A bunch of sturdy defensive wings.
A point guard who will take the decision making out of KAT's hands late in games where he can be shaky.

I prefer the other parts of Randle's game to what Towns brings overall but, Towns brings efficiency and floor spacing that Randle can only dream of and it's efficiency that the Knicks have lacked from their 2nd option for a long time.

Also CGMW, the conspiracy theory guy, will love this but, Towns is a local kid that they can easily sell to Dolan as a marketing tool.

A lot of the above applies to Mitchell too but, i'm dubious on how actually available he will be this summer and the Knicks can't afford to wait much longer.

PLUS, we added former Timberwolves POBO Gersson Rosas to our front office. He still has friends in Minny to help facilitate a potential trade.

Just another "hmmmmmm...."
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,227

Post#313 » by TrueWarrior » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:10 pm

JayTWill wrote:I mentioned this before but for everyone that is saying we should wait until the team is healthy to judge the value of Bojan what do you expect to happen if everyone actually does come back healthy? I hated the trade but I was hoping Bogy would eat up minutes so we would not burn out someone like Hart. Hart is still playing 40+ minutes almost every night and Bogey is down to the low 20's already. What will happen to his minutes if OG, Randle and Mitch all come back? What happens if iHart has his minutes restriction removed? He is needed more now than he ever will be if the team is fully healthy.

We brought in a front court player on a team with a decimated front court. How can you even be sure he will have a role to play if the front court is healthy when he is not even logging big minutes on a team that desperately needs help right now?

This is what I dont get either. We talked about this yesterday in the thread about the trade.

Like did we trade for Bojan to get 15 mpg and stand in the corner? Grimes can do that, while playing much better defense. Bojan is supposed to be keeping the ship sailing NOW with all the injuries.

People talk about the playoffs and yeah Grimes didnt shoot well at all, but he still played good D. Bojan could get run off the floor in the playoffs because of how bad his defense is. The Jazz underperformed with him as Rudy couldn’t cover everyone.

Same with Alec. Posters are saying he will be benched when everyone is back, but that’s wishful thinking if Thibs pushed for him. He’s already not playing much though.

All we can say is that it’s still early, but Bojan and Alec simply dont look good. No amount of time is going to make them more athletic or better defenders. If they arent hitting shots they are worthless, so they need to start getting hot yesterday.

Whatever though. It’s over. Not every move is going to be a homerun. Leon has been good overall but has made some blunders.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,006

Post#314 » by F N 11 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:33 pm

All imma say is Thibs better figure out how to consistently use Bojan at minimum or trade is a L. You don’t give up Grimes just for an expiring contract that Thibs is going to make into a career low ppg because he don’t play defense up to Thibs par. Very very concerning. He picks and choose who he wants to play defense.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#315 » by Knick4Real » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:35 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
JayTWill wrote:I mentioned this before but for everyone that is saying we should wait until the team is healthy to judge the value of Bojan what do you expect to happen if everyone actually does come back healthy? I hated the trade but I was hoping Bogy would eat up minutes so we would not burn out someone like Hart. Hart is still playing 40+ minutes almost every night and Bogey is down to the low 20's already. What will happen to his minutes if OG, Randle and Mitch all come back? What happens if iHart has his minutes restriction removed? He is needed more now than he ever will be if the team is fully healthy.

This is what I dont get either. We talked about this yesterday in the thread about the trade.

Like did we trade for Bojan to get 15 mpg and stand in the corner? Grimes can do that, while playing much better defense. Bojan is supposed to be keeping the ship sailing NOW with all the injuries.

People talk about the playoffs and yeah Grimes didnt shoot well at all, but he still played good D. Bojan could get run off the floor in the playoffs because of how bad his defense is. The Jazz underperformed with him as Rudy couldn’t cover everyone.

Same with Alec. Posters are saying he will be benched when everyone is back, but that’s wishful thinking if Thibs pushed for him. He’s already not playing much though.

All we can say is that it’s still early, but Bojan and Alec simply dont look good. No amount of time is going to make them more athletic or better defenders. If they arent hitting shots they are worthless, so they need to start getting hot yesterday.

Whatever though. It’s over. Not every move is going to be a homerun. Leon has been good overall but has made some blunders.

Bojan was brought here to extend the Fournier contract. Like Evan, Bogs is an expiring contract that is expected to be used in the "big trade" KNICKS plan to make. His presence here is and has always been as a temporary player to be used as a trade chip. The fact he's also a sharpshooter from 3 is a bonus -- but again, only a temporary one.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,718

Post#316 » by Buttah304 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:44 pm

So let me get this straight (entering the mind of one Quentin Grimes)

22-23 Season
(1) Sidelined for most of training camp
(2) I’m Mr. Untouchable
(3) Miss pre-season
(4) Injured first 6 games of regular season
(5) Replaced EF in SL vs Philly Nov 4th
(6) Averaged 30min per game in SL
(7) March 22nd-April 9 (21.9 PPG on 14 FGA)
(8) 34MPG vs Miami Games 2-6
(9) Starter for first 20 games of 23-24 Season

So I’m handed the starting role on a silver platter in 22-23, my USG ramped up at the end of last year, I get big minutes vs MIA in Round 2 and I start this year…but I’m gonna become petty and will continue to run my mouth.

This guy started talking about not getting enough touches, having to make every shot and every attempt feeling like 100 pounds. Now the issue is our fans aren’t welcoming Fournier back with open arms. But wait there’s more! Brunson would have gotten the call that Detroit didn’t get. Ironically enough this is AFTER the HOU debacle…wait for it…involving Brunson who didn’t get the call he wanted.

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,227

Post#317 » by sol537 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:46 pm

Bojan is our Duncan Robinson. Bring him off the bench for ~20 mins or so to just sharpshoot and catch fire here and there. If he's asked to do more than that, then he'll probably fail.

Playoff starters: iHart (30mins), Randle (38mins), OG (39 mins), DDV (32 mins), Brunson (39 mins)
Bench: Precious or Mitch (18 mins), Bogs (20 mins), Hart (24 mins)

There's not much time for anyone else to get much burn. There just isn't. Against certain teams, we may even sit Bogs and use Precious more at the 4 and McBride at the 1. We're deep...
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#318 » by HEZI » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:34 pm

Knick4Real wrote:

It only looks that way because the Detroit trade coincided with losing OG, Randle, iHart, and DiVo to injuries. You lose 4 of your 6 starters and then attempt to add 2 new guys to the mix and there are going to be problems. Remember, OG and Randle are still out -- our best defender and our best offensive threat outside of Brunson.

You simply can't judge the team now as if it's a finished product when guys are doing everything they can to fill in for the major void of missing major players. What we're going through now has nothing to do with the Detroit trade but with the injuries. Once the team is healthy again, all the pieces will fit the way they're supposed to fit. Only then can a fair judgment be made on what we have moving forward.

This is just another way of saying it’s a lateral move. We could easily have said this about the team as it was before the trade. Of course we have to wait and see how things fall into place once the team is fully healthy but that was the case even before the trade.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,397

Post#319 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:04 pm

Team i can't vouch for Burks because everyone here knows him better than I do, and frankly he seems to be pressing and at times out of control, but once the squad gets back to full strength, I'm telling you: Bojan is going to pay dividends in that second unit:

Deuce/Hart/Bojan/Precious

They are going to be a serious problem.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,945

Post#320 » by KnicksGod » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:06 pm

Jericho's development is also very good, not as good as Precious but he's coming along nicely.

Return to New York Knicks