ImageImageImageImageImage

The CAA Spin Machine

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,772

The CAA Spin Machine 

Post#1 » by nedleeds » Tue May 21, 2024 3:35 pm

With all the talk of Thibs getting extended (he will) have any of you actually seen how insane the take over is?

Leon is Thibs and Rick Brunson's agent (by proxy and CAA).

Jacob Toppin

Hartenstein

Jalen Brunson

Josh Hart

OG Anunoby

and Julius Randle ... rejoins, after 2 seasons that ended in surgery. Just in time to sign a $181.5 extension this Summer with Sam Rose.

Read on Twitter

Now before you respond about being a hater, ask yourself why all the positive spin on a bad season? We have a completely injured starting five. We got bounced in the second round. We got beaten by a lower seed. We watched a defensive mastermind fail to tell his guards to go under on TJ McConnell.

I like most of these players actually. But if you think this franchise is being run as a basketball team and not a adjoined business of CAA you are blind.

This franchise is eternally mid, won't win anything, and these players will only get older, more injured and paid more. The CAA coffers will overflow with bad deals, Dolans wallet (which I could give a **** about) will be siphoned 10 blocks down to CAA headquarters.

Eventually Dolan will wake up and realize we're capped out, injured, hopeless, and the bing bong sidewalk fans will realize that being 1st and 2nd round fodder isn't cool, Rose will be fired and our cap will be a graveyard of players on bad deals.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,492

Re: The CAA Spin Machine 

Post#2 » by Fury » Tue May 21, 2024 3:37 pm

When you're here (the Knicks), you're family
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49,188

Post#3 » by DOT » Tue May 21, 2024 3:39 pm

I thought this was gonna be a Beyblade joke

Cause Randle loves spin moves, and he's CAA

But no, just an unhinged rant that might have some basis in reality but jumps the shark. 4/10 on the troll job, I've seen better but I've also seen worse.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#4 » by nedleeds » Tue May 21, 2024 3:42 pm

Fury wrote:When you're here (the Knicks), you're family

I'm coming home (to get an early extension for $181 million so Sam Rose can buy a beach house in the Caymans)
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,369

Post#5 » by matchman » Tue May 21, 2024 3:43 pm

DOT wrote:I thought this was gonna be a Beyblade joke

Cause Randle loves spin moves, and he's CAA

But no, just an unhinged rant that might have some basis in reality but jumps the shark. 4/10 on the troll job, I've seen better but I've also seen worse.

Do you mean mid or treadmilled or average at best?
Are you fans of the team or the player?
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 598

Post#6 » by nyknicks2k2 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 pm

Eventually Dolan will wake up and realize we're capped out, injured, hopeless

So what we were before big bad CAA came into the picture?

The kool aid is fine for now thanks.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,670

Post#7 » by Capn'O » Tue May 21, 2024 3:48 pm

nedleeds wrote:these players will only get older...

That is how time works.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,282

Post#8 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:51 pm

I agree the CAA takeover is real. We also have a very good team who's a legitimate contender when healthy.

Both things can be true. I only care about the latter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,645

Post#9 » by sol537 » Tue May 21, 2024 4:01 pm

CAA can take over my body if they're giving me ECF/Finals contenders every year.

There ain't no perfect way to build a championship team... but we now have "Knicks" culture back, like Miami has "Heat" culture and Boston has "Celtics" culture.

"Get the word out that we're back"
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#10 » by nedleeds » Tue May 21, 2024 4:10 pm

sol537 wrote:CAA can take over my body if they're giving me ECF/Finals contenders every year.

There ain't no perfect way to build a championship team... but we now have "Knicks" culture back, like Miami has "Heat" culture and Boston has "Celtics" culture.

What have the last 4 years gotten you? What am I missing? I can't believe we're back to 'culcha'. We got sold that like 6 years ago?

Our entire starting lineup ended the season injured. A guy who ended the past 2 with surgery is going to fleece Dolan for $181 million. How are we a finals contender? That's delusional. We lost to a lower seed in the second round.

I admire these players, they love playing for each other and play hard. If your goal is always injured, lovable losers and Sam Rose with a fleet of Ferrari's then I guess missions accomplished.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/5-takeaways-from-a-magical-new-york-knicks-season.html

"Magical" holy **** we are losers of the highest order. Can you imagine the Lakers or Boston, or the Heat calling this season 'Magical' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sol537
RealGM

Post#11 » by sol537 » Tue May 21, 2024 4:19 pm

I would think Thibs would be more careful with OG, iHart, and Mitch going forward (in terms of minutes restriction). He did show signs of following restrictions during the 2nd half of the season... so that's progress.

If OG doesn't go down, we're in ECF in a semi competitive series, after a sweep of the Pacers. Different convo right now.

But, yeah, going over screens on TJ McConnell was idiotic.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,492

Post#12 » by Fury » Tue May 21, 2024 4:22 pm

nedleeds wrote:
sol537 wrote:CAA can take over my body if they're giving me ECF/Finals contenders every year.

What have the last 4 years gotten you? What am I missing? I can't believe we're back to 'culcha'. We got sold that like 6 years ago?

Our entire starting lineup ended the season injured. A guy who ended the past 2 with surgery is going to fleece Dolan for $181 million. How are we a finals contender? That's delusional. We lost to a lower seed in the second round.

I admire these players, they love playing for each other and play hard. If your goal is always injured, lovable losers and Sam Rose with a fleet of Ferrari's then I guess missions accomplished.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/5-takeaways-from-a-magical-new-york-knicks-season.html

"Magical" holy **** we are losers of the highest order. Can you imagine the Lakers or Boston, or the Heat calling this season 'Magical' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An entire starting lineup getting hurt doesn't give you hope that they'll be better when they're healthy? Relax. This team beats the Pacers with OG. I'm pissed they lost too, but it's because I think the current team when healthy is actually really good, and I wish they had that chance rather than running on fumes.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,672

Post#13 » by robillionaire » Tue May 21, 2024 4:29 pm

I would personally send a gift basket to CAA for the job they’ve done so far

Dolan should mail them every last penny he has to keep this going as long as possible

A 50 win season and 2 seed that only ended because of a couple bad break injuries is not a bad season

go watch the pistons. That 5th pick from using a mathematically outdated failed strategy of losing is gonna be great I’m sure
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,197

Post#14 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 pm

I don’t think you like basketball
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,526

Post#15 » by god shammgod » Tue May 21, 2024 4:43 pm

Let’s see if they can get a 2nd star here. Otherwise we probably aren’t winning a championship.
sol537
RealGM

Post#16 » by sol537 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:03 pm

iHart -> 4 year extension 16M+ per
OG -> opt-in and extend 5 year total... 35m+ per
Brunson -> opt-in and extend 5 year total... 180m total
Randle -> opt-in and extend 5 year total... 155m total
Burks -> vet min deal
Precious -> part of MLE

This is Knicks culture. We're going for a title and guys want to be here for it.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,967

Post#17 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:Let’s see if they can get a 2nd star here. Otherwise we probably aren’t winning a championship.

so whats the move...Randle for who?

I don't think the knicks would thrive with Brunson and than other star taking up most of the usage and then Randle as the 3rd Banana...as well as the full time cap restrictions it would have.

Knicks have also built there identity on Brunson running the show so I don't think there are enough mouths to feed to bring in another mid 20's type scorer.
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,542

Post#18 » by GONYK » Tue May 21, 2024 5:07 pm

Thank goodness for CAA culcha, amirite?

Read on Twitter
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,237

Post#19 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue May 21, 2024 5:10 pm

As long as it works and yields results
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,672

Post#20 » by robillionaire » Tue May 21, 2024 5:16 pm

GONYK wrote:Thank goodness for CAA culcha, amirite?

Read on Twitter

No we can’t do this, an agent at caa might get a cut of the money, that means we have to trade him for draft picks and win 14 games instead. We must re-install the comedic laughing stock culture of two decades of ineptitude at all costs. The Knicks aren’t allowed to be good. CAA!

Return to New York Knicks