ImageImageImageImageImage

How come Draft Express doesn't list DeAndre Jordan in 1st?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#21 » by randomhero423 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:22 am

the shape a hs senior and a professional athlete in the NFL is a huge difference.

i think a star rb from HS would get killed facing NFL guys.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#22 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:37 am

Jemini80 wrote:honestly after what happened this summer with oden and his injury, why wouldn't every player come out when they first can if they will be a lottery pick. This isn't the NFL, being #1 doesn't really matter the pay size isn't that much larger, all that matters is the 2nd contract.
Id say even more than what happened with Oden was what happened with Noah. He was probably the #1 overall in 2006 but stayed another season to get better and win another championship. then he gets drafted at the bottom of the lottery.

If you are a top lottery pick - like top 6 - you have to declare. no question
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#23 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:31 pm

Downtown wrote:Sonics fan here. We're not throwing in the towel yet. Once we trade Kurt Thomas for Kwame Brown( to get the Lakers first round pick as well) we are going to be in position to battle you guys tooth and nail for that coveted #2 pick( just behind Minnesota). :D

Somewhat seriously though, what does it say when alot of Sonics fans are starting to get worried that the T-Wolves, Knicks, Grizzlies, and Heat might actually end up worse, thus making the draft not as good as we thought at the beginning of the season.

I'm concerned some coffee crazed Sonics fan( with the stress of the possible relocation) will end up doing a Tonya Harding on Kevin Durant so there wil be no more scorers on Seattle. :wink:

But be careful what you wish for. I watched as Seattle picked 3 raw centers with "potential" in 3 consecutive drafts, with none panning out. Seattle basically wasted 3 drafts. Jordan may one day end up being a good NBA player, but the pain of the wait and the uncertainty is a killer for a team. Go with the sure thing if you can.

Just hope that John Liek (the shotblocking and defensive "fiend" from Sudan) doesn't have a great showing somewhere along the way or it may be a quartet. :lol:
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 820

Post#24 » by KOA » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:55 pm

Downtown wrote: But be careful what you wish for. I watched as Seattle picked 3 raw centers with "potential" in 3 consecutive drafts, with none panning out. Seattle basically wasted 3 drafts. Jordan may one day end up being a good NBA player, but the pain of the wait and the uncertainty is a killer for a team. Go with the sure thing if you can.

I agree. I think it is EXTREMELY stupid to pick someone extremely raw with a top 5 pick. You cannot use the excuse that someone like DeAndre Jordan is still very young when he comes out, because there are many other freshman who are the same age as him and coming out that are MUCH more advanced both offensively and defensively.

I see many people comparing him to Dwight Howard, but there really is NO comparison. Sure, Howard was lanky when he first came into the league; but he was in now way as raw as Jordan.

I'm not saying Jordan can't become a good player in this league, because the potential is there. He just has WAY too many questions surrounding his game...
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:08 pm

KOA wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree. I think it is EXTREMELY stupid to pick someone extremely raw with a top 5 pick. You cannot use the excuse that someone like DeAndre Jordan is still very young when he comes out, because there are many other freshman who are the same age as him and coming out that are MUCH more advanced both offensively and defensively.

I see many people comparing him to Dwight Howard, but there really is NO comparison. Sure, Howard was lanky when he first came into the league; but he was in now way as raw as Jordan.

I'm not saying Jordan can't become a good player in this league, because the potential is there. He just has WAY too many questions surrounding his game...

Yeah the Dwight Howard comparisons really have to stop.

Dwight Howard is a once in a lifetime type of physical monster. The perfect combination of size, strength, athleticism and foot speed. If he were to ever able to refine his offensive game we'd be looking at someone that would be classified as this generations Wilt Chamberlain (who was pretty much unstoppable and unique during his era on his way to 30/20 games).

Jordan may have the size and general build but he lacks the Howards combination of athleticism, quickness and fluidity...and Howards intensity. Right now Jordan is closer to LaMarcus Aldridge (slightly bulkier but without the offensive game) than he is to Dwight Howard Lite or otherwise.
BRIGGS
Analyst
And1: 128

Post#26 » by BRIGGS » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:01 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah the Dwight Howard comparisons really have to stop.

Dwight Howard is a once in a lifetime type of physical monster. The perfect combination of size, strength, athleticism and foot speed. If he were to ever able to refine his offensive game we'd be looking at someone that would be classified as this generations Wilt Chamberlain (who was pretty much unstoppable and unique during his era on his way to 30/20 games).

Jordan may have the size and general build but he lacks the Howards combination of athleticism, quickness and fluidity...and Howards intensity. Right now Jordan is closer to LaMarcus Aldridge (slightly bulkier but without the offensive game) than he is to Dwight Howard Lite or otherwise.

Why don't you actually watch him play a bit before commenting like you know what you are talking about. Lamarcus Aldridge was actually a very good skill player with great touch but lacks this man's brute physical size explosion and athletic abilities. Two different players. If someone had to fairly compare him to a modern day player--Dwight Howard is a good comparison. Take it from me--I know what I'm talking about.
Vanilla Ice is the best rap artist of all time

Return to New York Knicks