ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: most f**ed up thing ive ever read (kenya)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Immortal King
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Immortal King » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:49 am

This kind of stuff happens everyday, but most people just see it on the news or read it in the paper over breakfast and then go back to their own world. It even happend New York once upon a time during the Civil War. The Irish immigrants were pissed that they were being drafted into the military while the African Americans that lived close by and were the same poor status and competed against them for the same jobs were not being drafted. So the Irish went and burned a Black orphange with the children still inside it and even threw children that tried to escape back in. True story, called the Draft Riots of (forgot the date).

The truth of the matter is that many Americans are struggling with problems here at home (so many people below the poverty line), and that while they could help make a difference you can't really blame them for putting their own problems ahead of those in other countries. It's up to the well off people to give back to the community and help push the government to make changes in that area.
Bringing back that New York swagger
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Re: OT: most f**ed up thing ive ever read (kenya) 

Post#22 » by Da_Mane_Man » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:18 am

jwbrooklyn wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wait... are you insinuating that Al Qaeda ran its operations from Iraq when we invaded?

the middle east...
doctor fite
Starter

Post#23 » by doctor fite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:41 am

wow... i agree with many of the sentiments echoed in this thread.

#1 without a doubt this is a horrible thing.

but this sort of thing happens more often than we hear about and it feels strange for me to pick and choose the tragedies that i get upset over.

i also agree that our govt wouldnt care because there is no oil in this country.

but i also firmly believe that our country has no business meddling in any other countries affairs any longer. that goes for iraq, israel, ANYWHERE.

we need to mind our own f'ing business and deal with our nations own issues and people and problems.
doctor fite
Starter

Post#24 » by doctor fite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:42 am

Brad Lohaus wrote:The world is a f'd up place.

The human race peaked as a civilization years ago and its only a matter of time before we all kill each other over some stupid sht.

+1
OoAnd1
Head Coach
And1: 14

Re: OT: most f**ed up thing ive ever read (kenya) 

Post#25 » by OoAnd1 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:00 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22460182/

NAIROBI, Kenya - A mob torched a church where hundreds had sought refuge Tuesday, and witnesses said dozens of people

Return to New York Knicks