ImageImageImageImageImage

1/2 - Sacramento Kings @ New York Knicks 7:30 PM Game Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#401 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:21 am

Wingy22 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've been saying this all along. We need to boycott all Knick products.

I'm going to start a website against man boobs. That should take care of most of these guys.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#402 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:22 am

midtown wrote:I really love Isiah's ways here. He plays Z for 15 minutes , we get out rebounded by a team that is missing 3 of the core players. Maybe he was show casing Eddy's scoring? Cuz he aint showcasing his rebounding. When does it end. When does Dolan finally say ENOUGH ? Was Dolan at the game?

Dolan doesn't know the difference between basketball and crotchet (he's an idiot) so my guess is that it'll never get to a point where it's enough.
Immortal King
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#403 » by Immortal King » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:24 am

what did isiah say in the press conference
Bringing back that New York swagger
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#404 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:34 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that wouldnt do it either .You gotta do something that would cause so much media scrutiny that action would have to be taken.Something so unspeakable that it would make national headlines.

Cheer for the opposing teams and boo the knicks .

During introductions boo the knicks and cheer for the opposing team

If the opposing team scores cheer

If they go on a 10-0 run give them a standing ovation.

You have to totally flip it and treat the knicks like road team .

Isiah would be gone within 5 home games .

Knicks fans either need to not show up, or sell their tickets to fans of other teams. Isiah gone is only part of the answer. Dolan likely stays pat.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#405 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:35 am

that wouldnt do it either .You gotta do something that would cause so much media scrutiny that action would have to be taken.Something so unspeakable that it would make national headlines.

Are you serious? Because I actually suggested the same thing before in jest. :)
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#406 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:28 am

NoLayupRule wrote:I know the knicks suck and i know that we've been bamboozled for years now with sub-par ownership, coaching and player effort {:cry:} but I don't allow for that to stop me being a fan of this team, rooting for them to win in every game and honestly, deeply caring about the squad.

I dont give a hot turd, I never want to see this team lose and I never am going to concede a contest before we even play it.

Go Knicks!!!!!

/NLR manifesto

just got home and saw the score {actually Im in mexico til tomorrow night but...}

ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#407 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:36 am

Im so screwed. I cant boycot my boys, I love and bleed this team, but they betray me every night

screwed
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#408 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:03 am

I keep telling you guys, calling MORE attention to the team, is NOT going to do it. Complete and total apathy is what you need if you want to get the owner's attention. Just don't bother with the team... in EVERYTHING. Don't watch the games, don't buy their merchandise, don't even talk about the team online. That's the only thing that's going to get the owner's attention.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#409 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:17 am

mjhp911 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I keep telling you guys, calling MORE attention to the team, is NOT going to do it. Complete and total apathy is what you need if you want to get the owner's attention. Just don't bother with the team... in EVERYTHING. Don't watch the games, don't buy their merchandise, don't even talk about the team online. That's the only thing that's going to get the owner's attention.

You're kind of going overboard here a bit. The only thing that Knicks fans would really have to be apathetic with is paying for and going to games, to get Dolan's attention. He's not going to keep Isiah based on Internet Forum postings. The problem is, Knick fans aren't that smart so all Isiah has to do is make some glamour trade during the offseason, or on draft night (one that, in fact, doesn't make the Knicks any better) and people will buy tickets for next season. :banghead:
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#410 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:22 am

Slimpack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're kind of going overboard here a bit. The only thing that Knicks fans would really have to be apathetic with is paying for and going to games, to get Dolan's attention. He's not going to keep Isiah based on Internet Forum postings. The problem is, Knick fans aren't that smart so all Isiah has to do is make some glamour trade during the offseason, or on draft night (one that, in fact, doesn't make the Knicks any better) and people will buy tickets for next season. :banghead:

There's a trickle down effect for every interest in the team the fans show.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=746144

MSG keeps tabs on the online pulse of this team every day, believe you me. Any 'buzz' this team generates, online or otherwise, is good news for the owner. Complete and total apathy is the only way you'll get the owner to do anything.
Mr. Natural
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#411 » by Mr. Natural » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:43 am

There needs to be a mass walk-out during a particularly bad first quarter. The Knicks playing to an empty arena is sure to draw some attention.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#412 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:31 pm

disgruntledknicksfan wrote:lol @ "feeling the wrath of salmons"!!!!!

I've learned to not take this season so seriously and to laugh at this horrible team. I mean who else feels "the wrath" of john salmons?

A lot of teams have since sometime (maybe around the 2nd half of it) last season, and the majority of this season. Not as much as last night, but still significantly in various aspects of the game. The Nets actually came close to last night, when he put 31 pts (and more) on them.

moocow007 wrote:Brad Miller is a stud big man...

...at least according to way too many Kings fans (Smills knows who this is referring to).

Well, not a "stud" of course, that's just exaggerating. But he's been playing back to his capabilities on both ends this season, consistently. In noticably better shape after doing that in the summer, and his plantar fasciastis (sp) from last season is apparently faded.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to New York Knicks