ImageImageImageImageImage

Clyde Has Joined the DARKSIDE!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#21 » by Big C » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:45 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Q led the revolt against Zach when he bytched about the ball needing to be moved around. When either of those two guys make a play, they don't even congratulate each other.

I like QRich because he is a competitor but man, get in shape and bring your A-game 'cause you are killing this team.

The funny thing is, most people and I am not even talking about athletes try to lose weight when coming off a major operation. Especially a back injury. Now Q has a trainer and probably has better access to healthy foods. Yet Mr. Stiff wants to gain weight. Q is slow and a big stiff on the court. If the NBA was a club he would have been throw out already.
moody
Junior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by moody » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

I'm not saying Isiah is the greatest GM in the NBA, but he has assembled a team that SHOULD make the playoffs. He's assembled a team with Vets as well as youth. The team has talent, but I'm beginning to believe that Isiah is no longer the coach he was in Indiana.

My point is - NO GM should be forced to coach. That's the ridiculous idea I've ever heard. The Owner fires the coach and forces the GM to coach the team as well as be the President and GM.

They could've went out and found a number of good coaches out there who have experience.

Dolan is crazy. If I'm Isiah - I simply collect the money I'm owed and end up with about 2 lottery picks over the next 3 years. Let somebody else come in and coach after I'm gone and then take all the credit for assembling a great team.
It's the KNICKS baby ....Run Wit Us - or - Get Run Over by Us!!!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,447

Post#23 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

Its really the same BS that Isiah has been feeding us since day 1. I am just glad that most people are finally able to see it now.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#24 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:56 am

moody wrote:I'm not saying Isiah is the greatest GM in the NBA, but he has assembled a team that SHOULD make the playoffs. He's assembled a team with Vets as well as youth. The team has talent, but I'm beginning to believe that Isiah is no longer the coach he was in Indiana.

My point is - NO GM should be forced to coach. That's the ridiculous idea I've ever heard. The Owner fires the coach and forces the GM to coach the team as well as be the President and GM.

They could've went out and found a number of good coaches out there who have experience.

Dolan is crazy. If I'm Isiah - I simply collect the money I'm owed and end up with about 2 lottery picks over the next 3 years. Let somebody else come in and coach after I'm gone and then take all the credit for assembling a great team.

This isn't a playoff team no matter who's coaching it. It does have some talent, but it's horribly conceived. There's no defense, chemistry, or balance. and it's missing some of the basic things every team needs to be good like interior defense and outside shooting.
Frye-Fan-7
Rookie

Post#25 » by Frye-Fan-7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:11 am

Hes fed up with this nonsense like the rest of us
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Re: Clyde Has Joined the DARKSIDE!! 

Post#26 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:33 am

Slimpack wrote:and that the Knicks could just as easily be 22-8 instead of 8-22.
AHHHRGGGGGEGEGEGEGEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 and 22?

how is that possible?

even the worst teams in the league dont suck that bad,. this is so very depressing I can hardly handle it
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#27 » by TKF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:09 am

StutterStep wrote:Since TKF did not do a keys tonight, I didn't get a chance to chime in on this:

The most pathetic thing about tonight's game was the starting lineup. How the FK does QRich and Curry still start? Curry plays average one game on the bench and IT thinks he's turned the corner?

We have Balkman/Chandler to develop, yet QRich lets Salmons get off to a hot start and IT is fine with that?

Just 'cause it's a new year doesn't mean it's a clean slate -- the season starts in November!!!

yea, I need a break from the keys, I may do them here and there, but honestly, did tonights game even need a keys? I mean really, this was so mind boggling bad, I was at a loss for words.. this team doesn't even upset me that much anymore.. really, a damn joke we have become.. I just sit back and watch Isiah live in the twilight zone, I watch the players collect checks, and I watch dolan make money..... this team is a dumpster fire...
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#28 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:10 am

^yeah, there were no keys... just a loss
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#29 » by Knick 4ever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:36 pm

Dolan needs an basketball adviser, one who knows the nuances of the game to instruct Dolan of what is and is not a good move for a basketball team. Apparently, Dolan doesn't have a clue about what it takes to win basketball games and what it will take to win a championship.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#30 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:41 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:Dolan needs an basketball adviser, one who knows the nuances of the game to instruct Dolan of what is and is not a good move for a basketball team. Apparently, Dolan doesn't have a clue about what it takes to win basketball games and what it will take to win a championship.

It's beyond basketball because Isiah knows basketball.

The NYK have chosen Cronyism over Meritocracy. A loft the trouble with our team is something you have also mentioned: too many of these guys were buddies before getting here; and Isiah's friendship with Stephon.

Think about it -- even Anucha got her job because her sister went to college with Steve Mills. This is not a way to run an organization.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#31 » by duetta » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:42 pm

The only key that was necessary for last night's game: The Knick players packed it in a while ago - possibly after Isiah asked the players to vote on whether Marbury should be allowed to return, and then did the exact opposite thing that they suggested.

And speaking of that move, consider Isiah's return to the Curry-Randolph front line last night. What message do we think that sent to the players.

Assuming you want these guys to even show up emotionally the rest of the season, they have to be made to believe that their performances matter. That means you have to consistently, not one game, but consistently, play the guys who are willing to play hard night after night, and sit, trade, or buyout everyone else. Otherwise, this group has a chance to make Larry Brown's lost season look good.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#32 » by Knick 4ever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:55 pm

duetta wrote:The only key that was necessary for last night's game: The Knick players packed it in a while ago - possibly after Isiah asked the players to vote on whether Marbury should be allowed to return, and then did the exact opposite thing that they suggested.

And speaking of that move, consider Isiah's return to the Curry-Randolph front line last night. What message do we think that sent to the players.

Assuming you want these guys to even show up emotionally the rest of the season, they have to be made to believe that their performances matter. That means you have to consistently, not one game, but consistently, play the guys who are willing to play hard night after night, and sit, trade, or buyout everyone else. Otherwise, this group has a chance to make Larry Brown's lost season look good.

Here we go again, it is all Marbury's fault. Q packed it in since before he arrived in N.Y., but for whatever reason, he continues to play extensive minutes and continues to be part of the starting rotation. If the core players packed it in, play the young and hungry guys. At this point, money should not matter. Play to win and the kids give us the best chances at winning.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#33 » by Knick 4ever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:57 pm

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's beyond basketball because Isiah knows basketball.

The NYK have chosen Cronyism over Meritocracy. A loft the trouble with our team is something you have also mentioned: too many of these guys were buddies before getting here; and Isiah's friendship with Stephon.

Think about it -- even Anucha got her job because her sister went to college with Steve Mills. This is not a way to run an organization.

Isiah does know basketball, but he sure as hell does not know how to put a team together. He is like a kid in a candy store. He wants to have players that can put up big offensive stats. That is definitely not the receipe for success.

Return to New York Knicks