ImageImageImageImageImage

Does anybody else find this team hard to root for?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Yes, I find this team hard to root for.
84%
No, I don't find them hard to root for.
8%
Other (please specify)
4%
Other (please specify)
4%

Total votes: 25

cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#1 » by cmaff051 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:52 am

Damnit, I love my Knicks, but this is an extremely hard team to root for. I thought they were easier to root for last year, but now I just vomit at the sight of watching this years Knicks. I'll always be a fan but these scumbags are really making it hard... they just don't give a damn. Some of them seem like nice guys off the court, but I don't care, if you don't give 100% when you are getting paid millions then I can't respect you. Curry, Q-rich, Randolph, Marbury... I'm looking your way.

I'll still root for them, but collectively this is a team that's hard to root for, unlike Layden's teams who were unathletic but worked hard.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#2 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:57 am

Yeah I can only root for Marb's, Zach ( cause he show's emotion and works hard ), Lee and even Jeffries this year
MANSNY
Senior
And1: 10

Post#3 » by MANSNY » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:20 am

The problem with the Knicks this year is that they've sucked every single game except for that Denver/Utah game. When you suck so early into the season it makes it so much harder to watch.
OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by OooSplendiforous » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:33 am

i havent watched the past 9 games...its seriously painful
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#5 » by TKF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:36 am

I only watch to see lee play, and hope that guys like chandler and morris get playing time. I loathe watching zach hold the ball, turn it over and not get back on defense, I hate watching curry beg for the ball on offense and stand in the three second lane, I hate watching him not rebound or block shots, I hate watching marbury overdribble, I hate watching Q shoot or try to create his own shot.... Yes, this team is hard as hell to root for!!!
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:07 am

Our season is already over... so why should we root for anyone?!?
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
LamboNYK
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by LamboNYK » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:08 am

duh
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#8 » by duetta » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:49 am

Last night I switched from rooting for them to laughing at them.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#9 » by NYKAL » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:27 pm

You know what, I should have stuck to my guns. I hadn't watched a game since the Clippers loss but, decided it was a new year and the first game to boot so, I tuned in. Should have known better. I said here yesterday Knicks lose by at least 10 and those scrubs had the nerve to prove me right.

I'm done. Game over man, game over.
I'll continue to visit here for updates but, they can kiss my (blank) if they think their ratings will benefit from my viewership. (is that a word..viewership?
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#10 » by NYKAL » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:29 pm

also, why was balkman not inserted to guard salmons? He torched crawful and Q all night long.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,472

Post#11 » by Fat Kat » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm torn between hating the players for their effort and hating Zeke for his mismanagement of the team.

I mean really...It has to be hard giving 100% to this coach only to be sat in favor of lazy mofos with huge salaries.

How pissed would you be if you were Balkman or Chandler, or even Morris and had to sit on the bench behind these slugs?

I still root for certain guys, but I refuse to root for players who don't hustle and play defense.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
gelo05
Junior
And1: 4

Post#12 » by gelo05 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:20 pm

I hate them all.

They are all a bunch of stugots!
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#13 » by nynixlive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:24 pm

They dont even compete. They should NEVER be down by 20 to a team missing its top 3 players.

I went in so positive last night, figuring they would of course win this win. I mean COME ON.

How can Isiah both say a few guys here will be on his championship team and then say he isnt trading. That means these guys will go via expiring contract. If thats the case, just trade for whatever shorter contracts you can get.

Its sad that I feel I could do better.
buc003
Junior
And1: 0

Post#14 » by buc003 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:34 pm

You know why it is hard b/c this team played well in 4 or 5 of the 20 games I have seen and that was in the first two weeks of the year. They played like a unit and they played hard. They didnt play much D at all but the offense was working. Z/Curry pounded the middle and tried to find each other while they were in the lane. Crawford was curling off of screens and attacking the basket and Marbury getting his points when he forced the issue. The starters were doing nice and then the BS started. I remember sitting watching the Cle, ORL, Utah and Den games and being encouraged. I still get encouraged by those games b/c the Knicks played well against those teams who have certifable stars on their teams while the Knicks supposedly have none. They played hard and as a team but lost that after a couple bad losses and then completely lost it after the West Coast trip. This team is much better than what they are showing but I would rather not see them be pampered any more. They are weak mentally. It is time to get the mentally tough characters in the draft and move foward.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#15 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:02 pm

At this rate, this Knicks team would even lose to a Boston Celtics team with KG, RayRay and Paul Pierce sitting on the bench.

I mean they already lost to the Kings without their best players and to the Heat with no Wade and a washed up Shaq.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#16 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:07 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:Our season is already over... so why should we root for anyone?!?

Return to New York Knicks