ImageImageImageImageImage

Zach for Ben Wallace?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: Zach for Ben Wallace? 

Post#41 » by StutterStep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:22 am

RHODEY wrote:It Works Sary wise.

Ny does this to free up Eddy Again. They also save a year on Zach's contract. Ben would add a degree of Toughness and may actually look decent again next to Eddy.

Chicago does this because they need scoring in the post. Zach is young and can ball.

What do you guys think?

NO MAN!! We are not helping the Bulls.

Ben will not help Curry or us. Curry is beyond help.

I am not saying we should not trade Zach, but if we do, it is with the intent that Curry is gone or will go soon.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#42 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:26 pm

KOA wrote:It's more of a salary dump for Chicago. Gordon and Deng need to be re-signed in the offseason and I am sure they would love to have Brown's 9 million expiring contract to make negotiations easier.

I think the Bulls need to keep their core intact, regroup, and then make a move to get a big man that can score. They do not want to do anything drastic which them may regret; the Bulls have been playing much better recently and should definitely have a shot at the playoffs.

Wallace really hasn't made a difference for their team and considering they have 2 defensive up and coming big men on their bench (Noah and Thomas), I don't think they will miss him very much. It's much more important to lock up Gordan and Deng long term. It wouldn't be much of an issue if they didn't have a cheap owner. The Bulls have one of the highest attendance ratings, yet they refuse to spend the cash to improve their team and keep their core intact.

You're right, and Cliff Levingston would do that deal in an instant.

However, L.A. probably doesn't want Randolph. Odom is much better as a PF these days so you've got a conflict there, and they've already got enough guys who can score. Not to mention it really ups their long-term salary commitment.

StutterStep wrote:NO MAN!! We are not helping the Bulls.

The OP trade doesn't help the Bulls, so what's the problem?
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#43 » by FKF » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:50 pm

I love the idea of trading Zach for Big Ben.

Wallace isn't the player he used to be, but he's still better than anyone on our team on inteiror defense, by FAR.
Zeke gambled on Zach because it allowed us to get rid of Steve Francis in a brillant way. The Blazers might be celebrating their wins right now, but they're the ones paying Steve Francis.
Big Ben isn't a guy who will demand the ball, his high ego should like to play in MSG, the dude can play under pressure, and it would allow Curry to get more touches... Big Ben doesn't demand 40 mpg, Lee can have his minutes.
I really like the idea, and Chicago should like it, they need more offense inside...
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 792

Post#44 » by KOA » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:52 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:However, L.A. probably doesn't want Randolph. Odom is much better as a PF these days so you've got a conflict there, and they've already got enough guys who can score. Not to mention it really ups their long-term salary commitment.

I can see how the Lakers may not want to compromise what they have going. However, the only real offensive threat on that team is Kobe Bryant. Sure they have 3 other players averaging double digits in points, but that is only because Kobe creates for them. If a team locks in on Kobe, or just locks in to the Lakers role players (which is easier to do), the Lakers will not win that game.

I think it really depends on whether or not the Lakers want to try to make a heavy playoff push. With the cast they have now, they certainly can make the playoffs, but they will have a really tough time trying to make it past the first round.

Shaq was able to win a ring with another good wing player, so why hasn't Laker's management attempted to get Kobe a good post player?

As for Lamar Odom, he is the perfect player to put alongside 2 scorers. His natural skills are of a SF (ball handling, passing, driving to the basket), but he has the body of a PF. He has played well at SF in previous years, and I believe he actually prefers to play that position.

Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmer
Kobe Bryant / Luke Walton
Lamar Odom / Trevor Ariza
Zach Randolph / Vladamir Radmanovic
Andrew Bynum / Ronny Turiaf

That is very good lineup with a decent bench.

Return to New York Knicks