ImageImageImageImageImage

Isiah FINALLY calls out Q-Rich!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Isiah FINALLY calls out Q-Rich! 

Post#1 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:49 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/04/sport ... ref=sports

Chandler received his playing time at the expense of Quentin Richardson, who no longer looks like a reliable everyday player. Richardson went scoreless in 13 minutes and had 3 turnovers. Richardson has gone 9 for 36 (.250) over his past four games.

BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Re: Isiah FINALLY calls out Q-Rich! 

Post#2 » by BasicBall » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:52 am

ctorres wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/04/sports/basketball/04knicks.html?ref=sports

Chandler received his playing time at the expense of Quentin Richardson, who no longer looks like a reliable everyday player. Richardson went scoreless in 13 minutes and had 3 turnovers. Richardson has gone 9 for 36 (.250) over his past four games.

Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by king_k4life » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:53 am

That aint ish

He should said the only thing Q-Rich is hitting is Brandy

And the only thing Brandy is hitting is pedestrians
CrazyEyes
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#4 » by CrazyEyes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:56 am

Isiah also stated "The Earth is round. Really! I read it... in a book."
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#5 » by knicksNOTslick » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:21 am

king_k4life wrote:That aint ish

..Buh dum chhh...
YungNeef
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#6 » by YungNeef » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:41 am

It took him this long to see that Q wasn't shooting well? Q ain't been shooting well all season, why wait to make the change now.
e180th
Senior
And1: 29

Post#7 » by e180th » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:39 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

..Buh dum chhh...
:rofl:
KrAzY DeMoN
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#8 » by KrAzY DeMoN » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:27 am

blah blah blah took 20 something fuccin games to realize? ugh.... the knicks make me sick
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#9 » by DE FENSE » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:04 pm

We're supposed to be happy IT finally came to this conclusion? What a joke.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,324

Post#10 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:40 pm

Isiah is a genius
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
dadanyk
Analyst
And1: 72

Post#11 » by dadanyk » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:53 pm

when Q is is hitting his shots this a totally different ball club.... but like ya said funny how zeke is calling him now after 30 games we all knew this way b4 that... hope this lights a fire under Q to get his game together.... i dont like watching jefferies shooting jumpshots so i know we will like to more of chandler b4 balkman too.... what happend to Q's jumper???
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#12 » by rrosario35 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:56 pm

king_k4life wrote:That aint ish

They seperated when Q first became a Knick... noticed she's never been to a game
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#13 » by Knick 4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:26 pm

Start Chandler already.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:08 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:Start Chandler already.

Yep. Time to see what the young fellla's got.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#15 » by Knick 4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:53 pm

Isiah needs to start Chandler period. Pull Curry off the court, because he does nothing but destroy the other players' ability to play the game. Go with a lineup of Marb, Crawful, Chandler Lee and Randolph and allow Marbury to orchestrate as a true play maker. With Chandler's freakish athletic ability and the fact that he is capable of making an open jumper and defend would definitely definitely open the court for guys like Zbo and Lee to go to work inside.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 821

Post#16 » by KOA » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:59 pm

I really hope Balkman actually see's consistent minutes. Everyone says that he is not playing well but every time he is in the game the Knicks are always going on a run. His stats do not reflect it but I always see him diving for loose balls, deflecting balls, forcing turnovers, etc.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#17 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:06 pm

Q has been awful but Isiah has given him every opportunity to come out of his funk.But he just doesnt physically seem to be able to do the things he used to do anymore. A coach is not gonna take a veteran role player out after 10 games for not producing more especially if the effort is there so I understand why he still started .But now he cant check anyone defensively so now a change has to be made.

the strangest thing for me is not Q being bad but Balkman not being mentally ready into the game when Isiah has tried to give him opportunities .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
SoCalKnickFan
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#18 » by SoCalKnickFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:17 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:Isiah needs to start Chandler period. Pull Curry off the court, because he does nothing but destroy the other players' ability to play the game. Go with a lineup of Marb, Crawful, Chandler Lee and Randolph and allow Marbury to orchestrate as a true play maker. With Chandler's freakish athletic ability and the fact that he is capable of making an open jumper and defend would definitely definitely open the court for guys like Zbo and Lee to go to work inside.

I was with you till you used Marbury and True Playmaker in the same sentence. I think Chandler w some confidence can really help us, Q's shot is AWOL, he needs to watch for a while. Caring while shooting .250 is not enough. Start Chandler, whats to lose?
SoCalKnickFan
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 821

Post#19 » by KOA » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:23 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
the strangest thing for me is not Q being bad but Balkman not being mentally ready into the game when Isiah has tried to give him opportunities .

I don't think that's a problem at all. He has only played 15+ minutes 9 times this season and has produced EVERY time (the Knicks record is 5-4 in those games). If he only plays for a couple of minutes and only towards the end of the 3rd quarter, you cannot expect him (a second year player) to be mentally ready.

If Isiah actually uses him in the rotation CONSISTENTLY, he will AT LEAST be as productive as last season. If Isiah is playing Q 30 minutes every game to try to get his game back on track (even when he's been horrible), don't you think Balkman deserves at least 15?

The problem is that Balkman has been misused. Isiah often brings him off the bench randomly to guard the like of Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, etc. How can you not expect him to pick up quick fouls coming into the game (randomly) to guard those players?
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#20 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:38 pm

KOA wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think that's a problem at all. He has only played 15+ minutes 9 times this season and has produced EVERY time (the Knicks record is 5-4 in those games). If he only plays for a couple of minutes and only towards the end of the 3rd quarter, you cannot expect him (a second year player) to be mentally ready.

If Isiah actually uses him in the rotation CONSISTENTLY, he will AT LEAST be as productive as last season. If Isiah is playing Q 30 minutes every game to try to get his game back on track (even when he's been horrible), don't you think Balkman deserves at least 15?

The problem is that Balkman has been misused. Isiah often brings him off the bench randomly to guard the like of Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, etc. How can you not expect him to pick up quick fouls coming into the game (randomly) to guard those players?

During the Bobcats game Balkman came in and gave up back top back threes to Carroll who didnt make another shot the entire game .

When you are a bench player trying to get minutes you only have limited chances to make an impact to earn more minutes.If you come in and make a negative impact then your minutes will decrease as well. You add in Jones and jefferies who were both playing well defensively during a stretch and now those chances to get more minutes becomes even more limited .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"

Return to New York Knicks