ImageImageImageImageImage

maliks comments in the wire tap....

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,311

Post#21 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:44 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:The Spurs win rings with or without Malik. Give me a break. He might've gotten a ring but why did the Spurs trade his ass in the first place if he was so good? He's only a small part of the Spurs success. Let's get Fabricio Oberto as well, he also has a ring. Or better yet, Antoine Walker! He has a ring too. Having a ring doesn't mean sht if you're a scrub riding on a Superstar's team to get there. If you're talking about the World Champion Spurs, do you talk about Malik Rose? No.

This guy's not a good veteran for our team. I'm not saying Isiah's a good coach for our team, he's far from it. He's far from a good GM either. But to call Malik a good veteran is just stupid. The guy doesn't know his role and he tries to do too much.

Look at the old veterans that we've had in the past. And look at Malik Rose. NO COMPARISON.

Get this guy out of here.

The thing is that Malik was in that locker room and played a role on that team. While he was an interchangeable part and not vital to the Spurs sucess, he has seen first hand what the Spurs attitude was like and how they went about there buisness. He has seen and experienced what it took to win a title.

So he is actually a great source because he is comparing the Spurs lockeroom to the Knicks based on 1st hand experience. He knows the way the Spurs went about there buisness and the way the Knicks go about there buisness is very different. You would think he would be a great source because our players should be asking him "how did Duncan practice and go about things?" or "how did pop do this or that"?. The Spurs are one of the best coached teams in the league so you would think Malik would have some very valuable experience.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#22 » by truth serum » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:56 pm

^ +1

Amazing how people can't understand that. They just want to hate on Malik because he's on our team and isnt a star. So he has no right to say anything I guess. I guess everyone else IS a star? So I guess that gives them the right to make empty promises about playoffs and championships.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#23 » by Slimpack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:00 pm

What did malik say? I don't see anything on the wirtap about him
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#24 » by gavran » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:30 pm

At The Mecca wrote:First off....this was suppossed to be "our year"....and no Isiah says that he believes we'll win a chip and that a "couple" of these guys will be a part of it.....HAAAAA!! Out of all 15 guys he brought in here over the past 4 years....huge money he's paid them and valuable pieces he's given up for them and only a couple of them will be here when we finally win a championship?!?!? Jesus, that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

How any of you are backing him up on this is beyond me. On top of that....most of us spend our time on this board bashing the sh** out of this team and Isiah and rightfully so. But it seems like some of you are too proud to want to hear someone like Malik do the same. Malik knows he isn't a star player...although he sometimes calls for the ball like he is....but he know's much more about the game then probably anyone on this team including Isiah apparently. (It's hard to believe Isiah has ever won anything) But now we're gonna bash Malik and tell him to shut up because he's speaking the truth? I thought that was Dolan's job. It's like some of you in this thread are trying to blame Malik for us being a bad team just because he's the only guy no feeding the reporters and us fans typical Knick BS.

Malik- "No, we're not going to win a championship contrary to what Isiah would like you to believe because he's done a terrible job assembling this team"

Real GM- "Shut up Malik. You're old, can't dunk anymore, and even though you're only 1 of 15 players on this team and probably the 10th guy off the bench, you aren't putting up 37 and 18 so you have no right to ever say a single bad thing about our team. Go Knicks!"

Best post I read in a while. Malik may not be a useful player to the Knicks, but he was a contributor to a championship team, and he knows every little problem the Knicks has. We rip our team here every day, and I'm sure we don't even know half of whats going on in the lockerroom, in the players mind. Malik knows.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#25 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:53 pm

Slimpack wrote:What did malik say? I don't see anything on the wirtap about him

Return to New York Knicks