ImageImageImageImageImage

Let the controversy begin...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,878

Let the controversy begin... 

Post#1 » by duetta » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:36 pm

It felt like a winner's locker room, filled with loud voices and smiles and giggles. After weeks of being in a sour mood, Curry was ecstatic afterward and couldn't help stating the obvious: right now the Knicks look better without the former Blazer.

"Being aggressive and being the focal point of what was going on, they were looking for me," Curry said. "We had the team from last year out there. We're definitely used to playing that way because we played that way the whole season. Zach is a complement to this team. We got to find a way to be the same way with him there."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01052008/sp ... 695484.htm
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,707

Post#2 » by DE FENSE » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:43 pm

Horray for moral victories. :nonono:
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,878

Post#3 » by duetta » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:48 pm

DE FENSE wrote:Horray for moral victories. :nonono:

Did you watch the game? It was a helluva lot more entertaining than the last couple...
DE FENSE
RealGM

Post#4 » by DE FENSE » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:54 pm

^^ Honestly, no I didn't watch it. I'm glad they put up a fight, but it doesn't matter. Spurs didn't have Ginobili, and I think the theory of playing down to your oppontent was probably the case last night. Hard for me to get excited over that, especially in a loss.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,238

Post#5 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:00 pm

DE FENSE wrote:^^ Honestly, no I didn't watch it. I'm glad they put up a fight, but it doesn't matter. Spurs didn't have Ginobili, and I think the theory of playing down to your oppontent was probably the case last night. Hard for me to get excited over that, especially in a loss.

no such thing as playing down an opponent, especially where we are. It was entertaining, and we had a chance to win it. Anyway, we've lost a lot more to teams worse than SA was last night
peruanaso
Starter
And1: 1

Post#6 » by peruanaso » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:01 pm

DE FENSE wrote:^^ Honestly, no I didn't watch it. I'm glad they put up a fight, but it doesn't matter. Spurs didn't have Ginobili, and I think the theory of playing down to your oppontent was probably the case last night. Hard for me to get excited over that, especially in a loss.

The outcome is not the source of the excitement. This game was another example of what Curry is capable of, even if playing against a great defensive squad. Curry's gotten his ass kicked for past few weeks, and he broke out of his funk tonight. I think it's fine for him to be excited about that, and for his teammates to be excited for him.

The loss is obviously not a good thing, but you can play well in losses. The Knicks played their best game in a while last night. Hopefully, this is the start of some better, more consistent effort.
-steez- wrote:Cockadoodledoo f*ckers. Gallo is putting in work...
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Re: Let the controversy begin... 

Post#7 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:04 pm

How low we have sunk. I've never heard of jubilation in a locker room for a moral victory before. What a bunch of losers we have. And I'm going to sig this quote.

Isiah Thomas wrote: We are making a serious effort to give 100 percent.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#8 » by Flaming Mo » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:10 pm

Ehhh...

Zach has to go though.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
DE FENSE
RealGM

Post#9 » by DE FENSE » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:33 pm

knicksh20b wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no such thing as playing down an opponent, especially where we are. It was entertaining, and we had a chance to win it. Anyway, we've lost a lot more to teams worse than SA was last night

Maybe you misunderstood...Spurs were playing down to us, of course. A loss is a loss, no matter if its a blow out or one where we were seemingly in it until the end.

I fail to get any entertainment from knowing the end result will be a loss. Have I lost hope in this season? It depresses me to say I truly have.

I for one cannot take anything positive away from one competative game from these pathetic underachievers.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,238

Post#10 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:48 pm

DE FENSE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe you misunderstood...Spurs were playing down to us, of course. A loss is a loss, no matter if its a blow out or one where we were seemingly in it until the end.

I fail to get any entertainment from knowing the end result will be a loss. Have I lost hope in this season? It depresses me to say I truly have.

I for one cannot take anything positive away from one competative game from these pathetic underachievers.

Yep, I misunderstood =P It was still a good game though. I'm so used to hearing "And at the end of the first quarter, the Knicks find themselves down 20." And we did go down, but we came back. I will say that it's kind of sad that I was happy with the effort of last night, but we should expect effort like that every night...then again, our record speaks for that.
yonkers
Junior
And1: 3

Post#11 » by yonkers » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:53 pm

o yea curry is the man. why doesnt curry sit for a while and let zach in there. at least he can rebound. i am tired of watching crucial plays on curry sitting in the paint not jumping for rebounds.. if curry had 6 points and 5 rebs in 24 minutes, he wouldnt be saying anything.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,526

Post#12 » by god shammgod » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:37 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:Ehhh...

Zach has to go though.

yeah he does

zach for ben wallace. they need offense, we need defense.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Post#13 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:47 pm

peruanaso wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The outcome is not the source of the excitement. This game was another example of what Curry is capable of, even if playing against a great defensive squad. Curry's gotten his ass kicked for past few weeks, and he broke out of his funk tonight. I think it's fine for him to be excited about that, and for his teammates to be excited for him.

The loss is obviously not a good thing, but you can play well in losses. The Knicks played their best game in a while last night. Hopefully, this is the start of some better, more consistent effort.

I would say how well they play tonight will justify the smiles .Are they happy just to stay close or have they gained some confidence in themselves that can carry over.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#14 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:55 pm

peruanaso wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1. We know what Curry is capable of. That's why he is so hated!

2. I think we all know that more consistent effort is not what's going to happen. How many times have we seen a good performance followed by a horrible one? In fact, I can't remember back-to-back games where we've shown good effort.
DDV
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#15 » by DDV » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:03 pm

yeah anyone getting overly excited about currys game is foolish..

its been 7 years,hes not gonna wake up one day and cosnsitently try..
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#16 » by mugzi » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:07 pm

god shammgod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yeah he does

zach for ben wallace. they need offense, we need defense.

The more I see this, the more it makes sense. Is Bens contract shorter and would the Bulls do it?

Because it would really balance out the frontline. Ben can play C or PF, Lee can get more minutes- Ben would probably be more effective at 30-32 mpg....we'd have post scorer instead of the 2 we have now, 1 defensive big and one hustle scrappy rebounder in Lee.

WTF not.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#17 » by makeitstop » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:21 pm

While I'm not happy with the loss, I was really happy with the effort. We got 48 minutes (or 46 and a half, because it got away in the final 2) last night, and people have been saying for weeks that if we got a full night's effort out of this team it would be better than having them stop playing before halftime.

And who knows? If they put out that level of effort every game, they might even win a few. You gotta start somewhere, and this team has to get a couple of moral victories before they can get a few real victories.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
DDV
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#18 » by DDV » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:24 pm

it shows how low we are that were giving this team credit when they actually played hard,how pathetic

we try once every 10 games,were 8 games out of the playoffs in a horrific conference

im done with moral victories
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#19 » by mjhp911 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:34 pm

1. We know what Curry is capable of. That's why he is so hated!

Agreed.

It goes beyond Z-Bo. Eddy is STILL out of shape. He gets hot initially, and once you sit him for a blow, he's usually never as sharp/active when he comes back. We've given this guy so many chances to succeed, and we always hear the next excuse. If it's not Z-Bo, it's the refs... if it's not the system, it's our guards failing to get him the ball. Bleh, show a consistent effort night in and night out, and we'll get off your case. The fact still remains, if he's not on offensively, he's usually useless. Last night was amazing, watching him inhale those rebounds. He can do it. Why can't he do it more often?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,219

Post#20 » by moocow007 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:36 pm

duetta wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Did you watch the game? It was a helluva lot more entertaining than the last couple...

where couple = 32 games.

Return to New York Knicks