ImageImageImageImageImage

Are we stuck with Zach?

KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Are we stuck with Zach? 

Post#1 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:34 pm

Yup, I have too much time on my hands today for a change. Would anyone take Z-Bo - or are we stuck with him? What about Zach to Cleveland for Hughes and Damon Jones? Surely Zeke could find away to swindle McHale and send him to Minnesota? We'd likely have to take back Antoine Walker - but at this point... who cares? Any other ideas?

Zeke: Hi Kev - It's Danny Ainge. I'll trade you Zach Randolph for Antoine Walker, Craig Smith, Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes. McHale: Sure pal - done deal!!!
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#2 » by StutterStep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:44 pm

I understand many posters' dislike for Zach, and agree we should try to trade him... but my main reason is because of the cap space for 2009.

This would mean getting rid of Curry and Crawford.

We should immediately trade these 3 PLAYERS for contracts that expire by that off-season.

A FK'ed way of looking at all the bad trades Isiah has made since the CURRY trade seem to be a COVER UP --- keep bringing in another highly-paid player and claim that player is the reason the team is losing.

We are LOSING because EDDY CURRY is not doing his job.

Seriously for as bad Zach plays (at times) - look at the one category a PF or Center should excel: REBOUNDS.

If Curry could do that ONE THING, then we could have kept a player like FRYE.

A player like LEE could play next to him because he wouldn't have to constantly worry about coming off his defensive assignment to go get the missed shot.
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#3 » by Huey Freeman » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:46 pm

I think we ARE stuck with him because Zeke is not going to take on a longer contract then Zach's in return. However, I think NJN would be interested Ywe may need a 3rd team to be involved); I think CLEV may be interested (unfortunately we would have to take back Hughes which would be ridiculous unless they agreed to expand the deal and took JJeffries in the deal).
Revolution starts in the mind...
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#4 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:49 pm

StutterStep wrote:I understand many posters' dislike for Zach, and agree we should try to trade him... but my main reason is because of the cap space for 2009.

This would mean getting rid of Curry and Crawford.

We should immediately trade these 3 PLAYERS for contracts that expire by that off-season.

A FK'ed way of looking at all the bad trades Isiah has made since the CURRY trade seem to be a COVER UP --- keep bringing in another highly-paid player and claim that player is the reason the team is losing.

We are LOSING because EDDY CURRY is not doing his job.

Seriously for as bad Zach plays (at times) - look at the one category a PF or Center should excel: REBOUNDS.

If Curry could do that ONE THING, then we could have kept a player like FRYE.

A player like LEE could play next to him because he wouldn't have to constantly worry about coming off his defensive assignment to go get the missed shot.

I've been thinking the same thing... We could've bought out Francis. Start Lee next to Curry and bring Frye off the bench.

There's no doubt that Zach is a talented player - probably more talented than Curry in every aspect of the game. But the team does not play well with him - not that they play well without him - but it seems that whatever little chemistry we have goes up in flames when Zach is on the court.
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#5 » by nynixlive » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:54 pm

All of your answers are HERE
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#6 » by StutterStep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:05 pm

jwbrooklyn wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've been thinking the same thing... We could've bought out Francis. Start Lee next to Curry and bring Frye off the bench.

Exactly -- if Curry could do his job on the boards and use his body to block the paint on defense. Curry doesn't need to block shots, but at least INTIMIDATE.

Frye was the perfect complement to Curry, but not only did we want Frye to make his jumper, but we wanted FRYE to cover up Curry's deficiencies in rebounding and defense.

Why CAN'T CURRY improve to hide other players' deficiencies? He's supposed to be the FRANCHISE!!
Joegyva
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Joegyva » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:20 pm

If we get rid of Randolph then we truly are the most embarrassing sports franchise ever.
I'm ashamed to be a Knicks fan.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#8 » by StutterStep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:23 pm

^why? elaborate
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#9 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:24 pm

Joegyva wrote:If we get rid of Randolph then we truly are the most embarrassing sports franchise ever.

CORRECTION: Right now in this moment of time we ARE the most embarrassing sports franchise ever.
JAX
Veteran

Post#10 » by JAX » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:36 pm

I always thought that this CLE deal was a good one:

Gooden and Hughes
for
ZBo and Jones

ZBo's bad contract for Hughes not as bad contract and swap of the guys that those guys are replacing.

Then move Gooden for help somewhere else (Artest package?--they wanted Lee so we give them Gooden Chandler Nate?)
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#11 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:58 pm

JAX wrote:I always thought that this CLE deal was a good one:

Gooden and Hughes
for
ZBo and Jones

ZBo's bad contract for Hughes not as bad contract and swap of the guys that those guys are replacing.

Then move Gooden for help somewhere else (Artest package?--they wanted Lee so we give them Gooden Chandler Nate?)

Works for me!
mildred
Starter
And1: 13

Post#12 » by mildred » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:35 pm

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why CAN'T CURRY improve to hide other players' deficiencies? He's supposed to be the FRANCHISE!!

Wow , great line and so true.
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#13 » by Teen Girl Squad » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:00 pm

I know many of you are used to them because they are so prevalent on this team but Zbo has a radioactive contract.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#14 » by method » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:40 am

StutterStep wrote:

I agree.

But how hard is it to get a defensive minded player to play next to Curry?

Does he need to be a young athletic player?

How about a vet as a stop gap for the time being.

A player like Skinner would look ten times better playing alongside Curry then Zach.

IT knew we need post defence he said as much and he goes out to get something we where great at more post offense.

IT needs to go he just doesnt get it.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#15 » by duetta » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:58 am

Curry is not a franchise player. I think we've all pretty much agreed on that point. Eddy is what he is. It's his coach who keeps expecting him to turn into something that he's not.
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#16 » by KNEMESIS » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:03 am

duetta wrote:Curry is not a franchise player. I think we've all pretty much agreed on that point. Eddy is what he is. It's his coach who keeps expecting him to turn into something that he's not.

Very well put... :clap:
onlyonesharky
Starter

Re: Are we stuck with Zach? 

Post#17 » by onlyonesharky » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:25 am

jwbrooklyn wrote:Yup, I have too much time on my hands today for a change. Would anyone take Z-Bo - or are we stuck with him? What about Zach to Cleveland for Hughes and Damon Jones? Surely Zeke could find away to swindle McHale and send him to Minnesota? We'd likely have to take back Antoine Walker - but at this point... who cares? Any other ideas?

Zeke: Hi Kev - It's Danny Ainge. I'll trade you Zach Randolph for Antoine Walker, Craig Smith, Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes. McHale: Sure pal - done deal!!!

I think we are giving up on Zach too soon. We should go with our lineup from last year less Frye and instead Lee at starting PF and have Zboe come off the bench for 35mpg.
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#18 » by onlyonesharky » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:27 am

JAX wrote:I always thought that this CLE deal was a good one:

Gooden and Hughes
for
ZBo and Jones

...am I the only one who thinks this is a bad deal...?
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: Are we stuck with Zach? 

Post#19 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:42 am

onlyonesharky wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think we are giving up on Zach too soon. We should go with our lineup from last year less Frye and instead Lee at starting PF and have Zboe come off the bench for 35mpg.

Coming of the bench for 35 or starting for 35 makes little difference and, in the grand scheme of why one would want to bring him off the bench kinda pointless.

And Randolph is not going to be happy about coming off the bench. When attempts of this nature has been made in the past, he'd show his displeasure on the bench and become an even bigger blackhole on the floor.

It's just not going to work. And it may very well not be Randolph's fault, but it is what it is.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#20 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:44 am

onlyonesharky wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

...am I the only one who thinks this is a bad deal...?

It's basically swapping out one year less of Randolph's contract with Hughes. Drew Gooden is Randolph lite and wouldn't really be a great fit either so with him you'd be looking to move him asap for something that fits better.

Return to New York Knicks