ImageImageImageImageImage

DOOM AND GLOOM

KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

DOOM AND GLOOM 

Post#1 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:17 pm

This is self-therapy: read on at your own risk!

I've been a Knicks fan for over 20 years. I've seen many low points and had my share of heartache: Bernard King blowing out his knee, trading Mark Jackson (the first time), blowing it in the finals against Houston, drafting Frederic Weiss, saying goodbye to LJ, trading Patrick, trading for McDyess, Larry Brown... but this has got to be the absolute low in franchise history. Never before has this "team" left me so depressed. I've taken to eating cold Spaghettios straight from the can. The wife is threatening to turn off the cable. And there's no hope in sight.

We are absolutely the worst team in the NBA. And I've got to ask myself: Will we win another game this season? Really - will we? Against who? Zeke says he's not going anywhere and he's not looking to trade. So where does that leave us? Playing for a lottery pick? Yippeee!!!! I can't wait to watch us go 0- for the rest of the season!

Prior to the season beginning I thought maybe I'd adopt the Blazers as my 2nd favorite team. But then Oden had surgery and I said forget it - I'll wait 'til next year. Maybe I should've stuck to the original plan...
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Re: GLOOM AND DOOM 

Post#2 » by PrecociousNeoph » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:21 pm

jwbrooklyn wrote:This is self-therapy: read on at your own risk!

I've been a Knicks fan for over 20 years. I've seen many low points and had my share of heartache: Bernard King blowing out his knee, trading Mark Jackson (the first time), blowing it in the finals against Houston, drafting Frederic Weiss, saying goodbye to LJ, trading Patrick, trading for McDyess, Larry Brown... but this has got to be the absolute low in franchise history. Never before has this "team" left me so depressed. I've taken to eating cold Spaghettios straight from the can. The wife is threatening to turn off the cable. And there's no hope in sight.

We are absolutely the worst team in the NBA. And I've got to ask myself: Will we win another game this season? Really - will we? Against who? Zeke says he's not going anywhere and he's not looking to trade. So where does that leave us? Playing for a lottery pick? Yippeee!!!! I can't wait to watch us go 0- for the rest of the season!

Prior to the season beginning I thought maybe I'd adobt the Blazers as my 2nd favorite team. But then Oden had surgery and I said forget it - I'll wait 'til next year. Maybe I should've stuck to the original plan...

God help us all.
“Bye, Felicia.”
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#3 » by knicks742 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:26 pm

Find other things to do.

I am redecorating my studio and looking for places to volunteer my time.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#4 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:37 pm

I feel the same way.

im sick of defending this team and trying to stay positive all the time.

Isiah, zach, marbury and curry make it impossible to be a fan with any pride.

sadly I dont have a choice however. I am a knicks fan through and through. i will never resort to hoping the team loses and I will never abandon the team as even tough they seem to have abandoned sanity.

I feel like David Lee. Trying my hardest every night to say and do the right thing despite what the rest of the group says and does.
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#5 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:56 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:I feel the same way.

sadly I dont have a choice however. I am a knicks fan through and through. i will never resort to hoping the team loses and I will never abandon the team as even tough they seem to have abandoned sanity.

I feel like David Lee. Trying my hardest every night to say and do the right thing despite what the rest of the group says and does.

I was just saying last night that I felt bad for DLee... that if I wasn't so selfish, I'd like to see him traded to a San Antonio, Dallas, Boston, Phoenix - somewhere he'd have a chance to compete. But like you, I'm a diehard, and I want Lee to be a Knick for life and continue to hope we find a way out of this mess we're in.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#6 » by method » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:20 am

My brother.

Ive been following the Knicks for 17 years and like yourself ive lived and died with the Knicks.

I just keep telling my self after every lost thats its good for our future.

I know you arent to high on the lottery pick.

But think of what a player like Rose will do for this Franachise.

He will give us hope again simliar to when the Knicks drafted Ewing.

Acompany that with a IT and Marbury out of town and someone to sit Curry down to Mandate he lose 30-40 pounds(considering what we gave up for him thats the least the Knick brass could do)

And Im sure they will figure a way to trade Zach for a defensive player at the 4 or the 5 that we could use in our rotation.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#7 » by Jstarks3 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:02 am

NoLayupRule wrote:I feel the same way.

damn that is dead on.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#8 » by Knox » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:17 am

I feel the same way.

I feel like David Lee. Trying my hardest every night to say and do the right thing despite what the rest of the group says and does

I co sign Knicks fan 15 years and I m not leaving but I ve almost abandoned hope. I d rather start 13 guys in our forumn. At least they would give a damn about the jerseys they were wearing Over the paycheck players we have. At least our guys would have some pride and try to honor our greats like Ewing / Houston / Sprewell
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#9 » by Boss_ » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:24 am

Lets just pray and hope this franchise will win a championship...

Before we all die.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,062

Post#10 » by GONYK » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:25 am

I've been a Knick fan for 16 years, and I can remember the days when this team inspired me to the point where I would shed tears after some losses. Now it seems like nobody on the roster feels as strongly about each game that way, and as a result, neither do I. I still want them to win everytime I watch a game, but, I know this roster has a low ceiling. I'm looking forward the lotto pick, and building a young exciting team that wants to compete.

I don't know when that's going to happen, but at least when it does, I'll be able to say that I survived some of the darkest times.
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#11 » by Jemini80 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:30 am

don't worry, Isiah will trade for ELton Brand and we will assemble a team of ALL POWER FORWARDS, that is clearly Isiah's plan, to stockpile all low post talent.

we will then run the Pentagon offense.

We have two players at the low block, then two at the elbows, then one at the top of the key.

Just pass it around, wait for the doulbe team, THEN THIS IS THE KEY, you shoot when you get double teamed instead of passing to the open man. If you can pass that test where you shoot instead of pass when you are doubled, then you can be a NY Knick.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Re: DOOM AND GLOOM 

Post#12 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:58 pm

Yes.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#13 » by JXL » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:06 pm

Why'd you dig up a 12 year old thread for?
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#14 » by malik959 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:07 pm

Evan when we're winning Knicks fans are doom and gloom from what I remember. We're always going to have complaints.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Re: 

Post#15 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:08 pm

Jemini80 wrote:don't worry, Isiah will trade for ELton Brand and we will assemble a team of ALL POWER FORWARDS, that is clearly Isiah's plan, to stockpile all low post talent.

We have two players at the low block, then two at the elbows, then one at the top of the key.

Just pass it around, wait for the doulbe team, THEN THIS IS THE KEY, you shoot when you get double teamed instead of passing to the open man. If you can pass that test where you shoot instead of pass when you are doubled, then you can be a NY Knick.
damn so last year wasn’t the 1st time we assembled a team of all PFs lmao
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#16 » by Ray Williams » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:10 pm

Man, I’ve seen all the bad times. I was 9 years old when Knicks won their first Championship, 12 years old the second. Great right? NO! I didn’t start following basketball until 1974.
I’ve seen every team I root for win a championship. Except the Knicks. Please let me see at least one championship before I die.
Closest we came was the X-man year.
I don’t know how I remain optimistic. Wishful thinking I guess.
Now get rid of Payton and Randle.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,389

Post#17 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:10 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Yes.

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,528

Post#18 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:13 pm

What ever happened to knicks742?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Yes.

I saw you could get back to the last page in one click and this here thread just inspired me...

13 years later, op could've posted this sheet yesterday and you couldn't tell the difference :lol:

He even predicted Knicks fans adopting the Blazers as their second team lol.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Re: 

Post#20 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:17 pm

Jemini80 wrote:don't worry, Isiah will trade for ELton Brand and we will assemble a team of ALL POWER FORWARDS, that is clearly Isiah's plan, to stockpile all low post talent.

Whoever this poster is, he's the real prophet.

Return to New York Knicks