ImageImageImageImageImage

Which Tandem Do You Prefer?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Which Tandem Do You Prefer?

JC and Curry
63%
Steph and Zach
37%

Total votes: 30

mildred
Starter
And1: 13

Post#21 » by mildred » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:22 pm

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

WTF are you talking about?

How is Lee part of a tandem you build your team around? Seriously!!!

:o How is JC or Zach or Curry or Steph part of a tandem you build your team around ? And I am serious.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#22 » by StutterStep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:55 pm

mildred wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:o How is JC or Zach or Curry or Steph part of a tandem you build your team around ? And I am serious.

No!! You are missing the point. The players are here.

We have to deal with the cards we are dealt.

Based on their styles of play, Steph and Curry would not be a good combination.

JC and Curry have a good connection, as most of his assists are feeds to Curry. And they can play an inside/out game.

Steph and Zach -- pick/pop, as well as Steph can now drive the lane because Zach has more range to his game than Curry.

JC with Zach could work but I look at their shooting percentages and they both have the propensity to do the same thing on offense -- lots of dribbling with very few assists.

===

And to the person, who keeps talking about JC being a good combination with Lee -- no HE IS NOT!!

If anything because of Lee's limited offensive skill-set, Steph/Lee would be the better combination because Steph drives to the basket which would cause Lee's defender to come towards him, thereby setting up Lee for a pass or a better putback opportunity.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#23 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:00 pm

god shammgod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i'm pretty sure steph took the knicks and the suns as the team's best player, as well as the wolves with kg to the playoffs. isn't that more positive then anything crawford's ever done in his career. we're going over the same thing over and over again. why is it without steph in the lineup the knicks win only about 15% of the time. forget it man, lets just agree to disagree, i'm sick of arguing with you.

zach is a much bigger problem then crawford could ever be. happy now.

What Steph did in Phoenix and Minny is irrelevant unless you have a time machine .Heck Antoine Walker was an all star 5 seasons ago :o Do you ever see anyone still talking about what he did 5 seasons ago ?

I assumed when he said build around that he meant going forward not back and I chose Lee and Crawford because WHEN I acquired someone better they wouldnt feel threatened and that if I never did they would still play team ball regardless.

Now does that mean either one is the end of the line and the key to my title ? NO but for what I would be trying to build towards with my team they would be great starter pieces when compared to the other choices.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#24 » by StutterStep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:09 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Now does that mean either one is the end of the line and the key to my title ? NO but for what I would be trying to build towards with my team they would be great starter pieces when compared to the other choices.

No, for starter pieces, I would dump JC, Curry and Zach to try to get under the cap by 2009.

I would take a tandem of Nate/Lee before thinking that JC/Lee would be the starting point.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:13 pm

No, for starter pieces, I would dump JC, Curry and Zach to try to get under the cap by 2009.

I would take a tandem of Nate/Lee before thinking that JC/Lee would be the starting point.

of course you would I never expected anything less
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#26 » by Slimpack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:20 pm

This is a trick question. There is no correct answer to it.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#27 » by StutterStep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:21 pm

of course you would I never expected anything less

So hold up --- what's your case that a Nate/Lee tandem is not better than JC/Lee?

Even so, if you were starting a rebuild, you would keep JC and his contract over Nate and his contract?

Please elaborate.
ilovenewyork
Junior
And1: 29

Post#28 » by ilovenewyork » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:24 pm

zach/ marbury.......the only problem is WE NEVER RUN THE PICK AND POP!!! when is the last time you saw this play integrated into our system???? sure it would be nice to see and experiment but the sad thing is it doesn't happen for whatever reason. I havent seen the old pick and pop since van horn and thomas were in orange and blue. I want both these bums gone and would much rather see jamal/ curry/ Lee playing off of each other. They share more chemistry between each other. Yeah curry a baby but he's our baby so live with it we have to motivate this guy to play up to his own potential and the only way we do that is getting rid of zach. jamal, samething, the kid can play and when given a more distributer role he is effective. Lee works well with both of these two guys.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:31 pm

So hold up --- what's your case that a Nate/Lee tandem is not better than JC/Lee?

Even so, if you were starting a rebuild, you would keep JC and his contract over Nate and his contract?

Please elaborate.

If you rebuild you dont get rid of every contract .It just doesnt happen like that. Would I move Crawford if I could get good value ?OF course but he wouldnt be the one I would be waiting by the phone to jettison.

Its time for Nate to get paid what do you think he is gonna want next year ? HIS MINUTES and so will Lee .Are you gonna start a rebuilding by offering Lee 50 million ?

Its pretty much too late to tear it down and keep anyone besides Chandler but if you are going by salary than nate /lee is better than Crawford/lee other than that its no comparison.
mildred
Starter
And1: 13

Post#30 » by mildred » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:10 am

[quote="StutterStep"][/quote]

You asked what combination of guys would you build your team around ? Someone said Lee and you strongly disagreed. You brought up all offensive categories to back your claim. What about defense ? My point is that I don't build my team around any of those guys because they're all one dimensional offense oriented players. I want a two way player to build my team around and unfortunately the Knicks have none. :nonono:

I was inferring that Lee is as flawed a player as JC, Zach, Curry and Steph are to build a team around, so why put the knock on Lee. Ya know what I mean.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#31 » by mjhp911 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:09 am

JC and Z-Bo... and I'm dead serious.
riyaz_guerra
Senior
And1: 0

Post#32 » by riyaz_guerra » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:12 am

I prefer the Obama/Edwards tandem.
"When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative." - Martin Luther King Jr.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#33 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:21 am

Its pretty much too late to tear it down and keep anyone besides Chandler but if you are going by salary than nate /lee is better than Crawford/lee other than that its no comparison.

*cbs_7*

Still think the tandem of Nate/Lee vs Crawford/Lee is only about money?
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#34 » by HEZI » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:14 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:It sure is but shot selection is about preference ability .You and I could shoot the same shot from the same spot and while it would be considered a horrible shot for you because you cant shoot it would be considered a great shot for me as my shots like butta :biggrin:

If 40% is "butta", then you my friend need to find a new sport to watch, because Basketball is clearly not something you know much about.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#35 » by Knox » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:15 am

JC LEE would be best
but JC is going to be with NY for awhile
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#36 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 am

Knox wrote:JC LEE would be best
but JC is going to be with NY for awhile

How does JC help Lee's game? Unless you're thinking of Lee rebounding missed shots.

Have you seen those dishes Nate has been handing to Lee?
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#37 » by TKF » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:57 pm

for me, I am with chitown, I would go with craw and lee. and add nate...

I would take that tandem, add nate, and look for a two way big and a real SF and I could start to build a team that wins..

Again, I don't know how many of you guys have the NBA league pass. Watch the games, and listen to how many of the Other teams announcers give praise to lee mostly and to jamal to some extent. they all know that you can count on these two guys to come out and give a consitent effort( espeically this year from jamal).

Again when guys like curry and marbury play like we expect them to(which is not often) then guys like jamal and lee's game are even more effective to team wins.. just look at the game in chicago the other night...

Listen, we don't have a melo/ camby, or dirk/terry, or boozer/ williams, but lee and crawford are probably the best duo the knicks have, and if you ask around the league, I am sure there are teams that would love to have both guys. How many guys can we say that about on this team?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#38 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:53 pm

TKF wrote:for me, I am with chitown, I would go with craw and lee. and add nate...

I would take that tandem, add nate, and look for a two way big and a real SF and I could start to build a team that wins..

Maybe we're defining tandem differently. How does Crawford help out Lee's game?

During yesterday's telecast, Clyde repeatedly commented on how Nate and Lee work well together.

When has Lee help Crawford on a play and vice versa?
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#39 » by TKF » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:12 am

Maybe we're defining tandem differently. How does Crawford help out Lee's game?

During yesterday's telecast, Clyde repeatedly commented on how Nate and Lee work well together.

When has Lee help Crawford on a play and vice versa?

yea, that is true, I guess, I am talking about the two players I would want on the knicks, but yes, nate and lee have formed some chemistry it seems..
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#40 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:27 am

jwbrooklyn wrote:The Olsen twins? Before they became all anorexic and shyt...

Weren't they about 12 before that started? Dude...Duuuuude. :wavefinger:

But yeah, I'll take what's behind door no. 3.

Return to New York Knicks