ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Eli Manning tearing up the Buccs defense.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ankie000
Senior
And1: 0

Post#61 » by ankie000 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:25 am

Have you guys though that perhaps the play calling has been better since Shockey has been out excluding the Bills game. It seems that Shockey is the type of player, even though he is a good blocker, is not the type to just be a blocker. He plays well in the vertical game. Boss certainly looks real good right now. But I don't think you should be counting Shockey out. Whenever i would see him, he would be blocking more instead. I think that is play calling.
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#62 » by DaGoodz » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:46 am

No, if you watch Witten and you watch Shockey, you'll realize what is wrong with him. He doesn't ever do anything to help his QB. He doesn't know how to drop in the soft spot of a defense, when they are playing zone. He just run full speed, and it usually turns into a interception for Eli. He doesn't have good hands, he drops too many passes that kill a drive. He pouts on the sidelines. All Shockey was basically needed for was emotion to pump up the offense, but Jacobs has taken that role. Boss and Smith are picking up Shockey's production in the passing game. The offense is better without him, and less stress on Eli bout trying to force passes to make him happy
ankie000
Senior

Post#63 » by ankie000 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:50 am

Again, I would have liked to see him play against the Pats and the Bucs today. I really think a lot of it is play calling. I'm not sure about this or not but does Witten play as a blocking TE as well or primarily a pass catching TE? I think, just as Boss looked good, I think Shockey would look good here.

If you want to say okay Boss and Smith are picking up in his place then, yeah fine. But I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Think about this.. who do we have behind Boss now? I hope you don't mention Matthews. He's primarily a blocking TE.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#64 » by ElMatatan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:52 am

Lets Go G-Men!!

Off to Dallas....hope we whooped the cowgirls...
NY State of Mind
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#65 » by YungNeef » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:05 am

ankie000 wrote:Again, I would have liked to see him play against the Pats and the Bucs today. I really think a lot of it is play calling. I'm not sure about this or not but does Witten play as a blocking TE as well or primarily a pass catching TE? I think, just as Boss looked good, I think Shockey would look good here.

If you want to say okay Boss and Smith are picking up in his place then, yeah fine. But I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Think about this.. who do we have behind Boss now? I hope you don't mention Matthews. He's primarily a blocking TE.

Witten plays as both.
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#66 » by Jemini80 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:08 am

Shockey already abuses HGH enough, you guys should trade him if he actually has any value. I doubt you could even get a top first rounder for JW let alone Shockey who can't even block or catch. He is the TO of TE's all talk and all he is, is yards after catch. Too bad you have to catch it first.

Giants lucked out getting to play Dallas instead of GB, GB is the best team in the NFC and lost to Dallas because they were missing their 2nd best player on thier team (Charles Woodson). Look for the winner of GB/Seattle to walk through the championship game and get abused by the winner of NE/Jax.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#67 » by krustytheclown » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:21 am

lol this is coming from someone who thinks tavaris jackson is a better qb than eli

dallas is going to the finals
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#68 » by blueNorange » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:29 am

How about that Tank Daniels guy?? He made a crazy tackle right after the Bucs caught the punt return and he forced a fumble.

The Giants special teams is real good.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#69 » by YungNeef » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:33 am

Jemini80 wrote:Shockey already abuses HGH enough, you guys should trade him if he actually has any value. I doubt you could even get a top first rounder for JW let alone Shockey who can't even block or catch. He is the TO of TE's all talk and all he is, is yards after catch. Too bad you have to catch it first.

Giants lucked out getting to play Dallas instead of GB, GB is the best team in the NFC and lost to Dallas because they were missing their 2nd best player on thier team (Charles Woodson). Look for the winner of GB/Seattle to walk through the championship game and get abused by the winner of NE/Jax.

The fact that Favre looked like he was playing for the Cowboys or the fact the T.O. made Harris his bitch didn't help Dallas right? :roll: :roll: Dallas was missing key players in that game as well.....
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#70 » by Flaming Mo » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:58 am

Let us put things into perspective though, the Bucs aren't a very good football team. They are average. The only playoff teams they beat were Washington and Tennessee who if you haven't noticed, are already eliminated from the playoffs. Tampa Bay took advantage of playing in a horrible division, basically the worst in the NFL.

Just like the entire season, the Giants are taking advantage of a weak schedule... we'll see how the fare in Dallas next week...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...

Return to New York Knicks