ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: wisdom teeth

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GnarlsOakley
Analyst
And1: 79

OT: wisdom teeth 

Post#1 » by GnarlsOakley » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:47 pm

i got my wisdom teeth out on friday, and i have to say this is the **** recovery ever. my cheeks/jaw are really swollen, and i still have stitches in the back of my gums where they removed the teeth. can anybody tell me how long i can expect until the swelling, etc goes down? im taking painkillers, icing my face occasionally, and the stitches come out next friday.
worst part about it is, this is how i plan to spend my birthday tomorrow!
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#2 » by krustytheclown » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:00 pm

thats brutal i havent had to get mine out yet
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Re: OT: wisdom teeth 

Post#3 » by PrecociousNeoph » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:01 pm

Hckyfn17 wrote:i got my wisdom teeth out on friday, and i have to say this is the **** recovery ever. my cheeks/jaw are really swollen, and i still have stitches in the back of my gums where they removed the teeth. can anybody tell me how long i can expect until the swelling, etc goes down? im taking painkillers, icing my face occasionally, and the stitches come out next friday.

I had a tooth pulled once (not wisdom tooth but was growing in like one) and it took 2-3 days for the swelling to go down. the stitches also should come out on their own I think, I had the ones that dissolve after a few days and fall out.

so much blood though.. that puppy was bleeding for a long time.
“Bye, Felicia.”
ankie000
Senior
And1: 0

Re: OT: wisdom teeth 

Post#4 » by ankie000 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:12 pm

Hckyfn17 wrote:i got my wisdom teeth out on friday, and i have to say this is the **** recovery ever. my cheeks/jaw are really swollen, and i still have stitches in the back of my gums where they removed the teeth. can anybody tell me how long i can expect until the swelling, etc goes down? im taking painkillers, icing my face occasionally, and the stitches come out next friday.

Codeine :bowdown: That stuff is awesome. I took it when I had my wisdom teeth pulled years ago. Just had it again for a staph infection and dislocated elbow with a small bone fracture. The medicine makes you feel real good but be careful. You don't wanna get addicted to it.

As far as recovery goes, try and sleep for most of it. That's what I have been doing. I hope you feel better bro.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#5 » by krustytheclown » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:54 pm

im getting mine out soon i believe
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#6 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:18 pm

i got two of mine pulled out about a month ago i think and it wasn't bad at all. i didn't have any swelling thankfully but it was bleeding for a while. it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. i guess i just got lucky.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#7 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:31 pm

Hydrocodone 7.5-750 ASAP... Best part about getting wisdom teeth pulled.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
CDB
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#8 » by CDB » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:36 pm

I pray to god it wont happen to me
Dont Get Kobeterized!
OakMan34
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by OakMan34 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:47 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Hydrocodone 7.5-750 ASAP... Best part about getting wisdom teeth pulled.
StarH2O
General Manager
And1: 40

Post#10 » by StarH2O » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:40 am

CDB wrote:I pray to god it wont happen to me
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#11 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:47 am

I had mine out when I was in my thirties. I bled like a stuck pig for at least a day.

Then it stopped. Heals fast.

I had 2 impacted teeth on the bottom, so they removed the top 2 also. I have my other 28 teeth.

I never took the pain killers. I travelled to Chicago to get it done since Calif charges way too much.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Immortal King
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Immortal King » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:57 am

I got mine out last year (got 3 taken out, 2 from bot 1 from top, for some reason i only had 3 wisdom teeth lol). They said mine wasn't that bad, and I wasn't even knocked out (they just numbed my gums so i couldn't feel pain). But let me tell you man, I got it done around noon, and mine bled like a bitch for the rest of the day. I didn't take the vicadin he prescribed for me i just took some motrin.
Bringing back that New York swagger
BigKnickFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 17

Post#13 » by BigKnickFan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:28 am

welcome to the club, i got all 4 pulled 4 weeks ago, the pain varies with each person. i just took tylenol, no pain killers, but the crappy thing with mine was that my jaw was portruding our from my gum around where one of my wisdom teeth was taken out. the dentist didnt check to see if it was sticking out with a point and than i needed to go back and he filed the inside of my jaw so he would dull down the pointy part of my inner jaw. aside from that, you will mos tlikely be ok shortly. not long at all. and when they take the stiches out, the pain subsides greatly. good luck bro. spent my bday the same way too . happy bday!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Plato

PeaceOut, BKF

@BigKnickFan
Immortal King
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Immortal King » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:04 am

dude, one last piece of advice i can give you. I had pits remain on the bottom where the teeth were pulled from for like 3-4 months. May not happen to you but just wanna let you know I would be careful eating small foods (rice) for a little while and that rice gets stuck in there quick. But the pits fill out after a while.
Bringing back that New York swagger
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#15 » by ElMatatan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:51 am

WOW....this is where I missed Pedsmd.......I remenber when I got my wisdom teeth out last year(all 4 of them)....Pedsmd who is the dentist of the board helped me a lot through the process....
NY State of Mind
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#16 » by RyGuy24 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:18 am

Haha, just got mine out on monday. The swelling was bad, but there was not alot of pain. However, the night I got them out, I bent over to pick up something and all of a sudden blood (clot?) starting rushing out of one or two and I had to go to the ER because I was bleeding so much. I probably had at least4 full mouthfulls of blood tht I had to spit out. Got some hydrocordone anyways, so that's all good.

The swelling is down considerably, but I really hope one side isn't infected, because on my right side it feels almost perfect while the left is still a little puffy and somewhat hard to open my outh on that side. Like I said, i'm pain free though. I'll give it another week or so to get normal before I go back in.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#17 » by RyGuy24 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:25 am

And actually just now I see that skin has grown over one of the stitches which is what feels weird (on the side of my mouth), and they are dissolvable stitches so it will hopefully be gone soon. It's weird because one of the stitches fell out after it was healed, and the others are still in and I can't feel them buggin me at all except for the one I just talked about. It seemed like it was more on the side of my gum where the skin grew a string of the stich, which is wierd, but like I said they are dissolving stitches so hopefully it'll be normal soon.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by TdoubleE » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:34 am

Immortal King wrote:dude, one last piece of advice i can give you. I had pits remain on the bottom where the teeth were pulled from for like 3-4 months. May not happen to you but just wanna let you know I would be careful eating small foods (rice) for a little while and that rice gets stuck in there quick. But the pits fill out after a while.

:nod: Good advice. Also you don't want to get dry socket, I hear that sucks as well.

When I got mine pulled I was pretty messed up for about a week. Most people I know are good after a day or so but I was in bad shape for a minute, drugs and all.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#19 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:05 am

took like 5 days for my face to unswell....and i didnt get codeine...i got percacets :D

Return to New York Knicks