ImageImageImageImageImage

last season of THE WIRE starts tonite

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

sidewalksurfing
Junior
And1: 0

last season of THE WIRE starts tonite 

Post#1 » by sidewalksurfing » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:36 am

thank god for this show. it may help me forget just *for a little bit* how much of a joke our team is this season....

THE WIRE... best show on TV hands down....

and this is the last season for all these amazing characters and stories....

TUNE IN AND TRY AND FORGET ABOUT THE TEAM FOR A LITTLE WHILE.....

:D
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,695

Post#2 » by madvillian » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:45 am

Oh yea! I'm ready to crack a cold one and fire up a green one. I can't wait to watch this. I have been a huge fan since I got into the first season on DVD back 4 years ago while in college.

I only wish my DVR was working! Still, I got the HDTV and surround sound ready to rock. Got a few people coming over to watch it, it's going to be great!
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Post#3 » by slamvangundy » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:13 am

I honestly don't want to start watching season 5. With each new episode I watch, that will be one more wire episode that I can't see for the first time. And eventually there will be none.

I always responded to sports more than T.V. shows because you are right there following real people and you learn more about human nature seeing how they react to adversity, how they think on there feet and how they persevere. The Wire has been as intense as any moment I've ever experienced in sports. It's the best show ever made.

BTW: speaking of another great show with an all black cast that sadly ended prematurely, does anyone remember this show about football players that aired for one season on ESPN? It was incredible. I think Snoop was in it.....got cancelled after its first season.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#4 » by knicks742 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:16 am

I dont care, that is all.
sidewalksurfing
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by sidewalksurfing » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:37 am

the scary thing about this show is that it is based on what a baltimore cop and news reporter have seen with their own eyes over the past 20 years.... in some cases the details are the exact same with some name changes... makes you sad to realize what this country is about...

Return to New York Knicks