ImageImageImageImageImage

GET MBENGA!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

GET MBENGA!!! 

Post#1 » by KNEMESIS » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:55 am

Zeke, get off your Arse!!! Warrior just waived DJ Mbenga. Pick him up you fool!!!
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#2 » by king_k4life » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:11 am

No space
Immortal King
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Immortal King » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:19 am

oh i'll make space
Bringing back that New York swagger
LaCosaNostra
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#4 » by LaCosaNostra » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:16 am

Yeah...DJ Mbenga will turn this team around for sure.
Immortal King
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Immortal King » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:32 am

LaCosaNostra wrote:Yeah...DJ Mbenga will turn this team around for sure.
You think so too?
Bringing back that New York swagger
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#6 » by TwelvePac » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:26 am

We should waive Morris and pick Mbenga. We need shotblocking. But is logical and therefore IT will not do it. :banghead:
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#7 » by Huey Freeman » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:32 am

Don't the Warriors need big men? And if so, why was he cut for the umpteenth time in the past few years? :lol:

Btw, Zeke would not dare cut and lose even MORE $ paying for someone not on our bench...and waiving people AGAIN is the only way Zeke can add this new stiff to the Knicks.
Revolution starts in the mind...
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#8 » by Slimpack » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:33 am

Mafu wrote:We should waive Morris and pick Mbenga. We need shotblocking. But is logical and therefore IT will not do it. :banghead:

Randolph Morris might actually be an adept shotblocker for all we know. He never plays.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#9 » by drj » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:38 am

Dude, Mbenga is 27 (at least...) and has no other skill [besides shotblocking].
Even though he was cut, maybe Isiah can still figure out a way to trade a 1st rounder for him?
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#10 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:10 am

Shotblocking is overrated.

(this post has to be the answer to every free agent or waived big man whose main skill is shotblocking.)
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#11 » by KNEMESIS » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:13 am

F'n buy out Jerome James for pete's sake. Get him the f off my team. Mbenga was a casualty of numbers in Dallas. I think he was merely filling a roster space at GS. He's long, athletic, a leaper who rebounds, blocks shots and comes cheap. $30 million for Jerome James to sit home and stuff his face, or a minimum contract to someone who might come in and contribute 5-10 minutes a game on defense? This is what y'all were so high about for Justin Williams - wasn't it?
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#12 » by method » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:14 am

drj wrote:Dude, Mbenga is 27 (at least...) and has no other skill [besides shotblocking].
Even though he was cut, maybe Isiah can still figure out a way to trade a 1st rounder for him?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#13 » by mjhp911 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:18 am

jwbrooklyn wrote:F'n buy out Jerome James for pete's sake. Get him the f off my team. Mbenga was a casualty of numbers in Dallas. I think he was merely filling a roster space at GS. He's long, athletic, a leaper who rebounds, blocks shots and comes cheap. $30 million for Jerome James to sit home and stuff his face, or a minimum contract to someone who might come in and contribute 5-10 minutes a game on defense? This is what y'all were so high about for Justin Williams - wasn't it?

What he said.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#14 » by Slimpack » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:38 am

In big Snacks we trust....

drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#15 » by drj » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:17 am

jwbrooklyn wrote:F'n buy out Jerome James for pete's sake. Get him the f off my team. Mbenga was a casualty of numbers in Dallas. I think he was merely filling a roster space at GS. He's long, athletic, a leaper who rebounds, blocks shots and comes cheap. $30 million for Jerome James to sit home and stuff his face, or a minimum contract to someone who might come in and contribute 5-10 minutes a game on defense? This is what y'all were so high about for Justin Williams - wasn't it?

Hey of course we all hate Jerome James and want him off the team.
But not so that we can sign some other veteran scrub!

People (incl. myself) were pushing for Justin Williams because he is 23, and has some potential (not just as a shotblocker, also as a rebounder) to become a rotation player one day. Same thing with Nichols. Almost everyone here wanted to waive Jerome to make roster space for DNic, precisely because we saw DNic as young and having potential.

We want young hungry players to develop for the future.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: GET MBENGA!!! 

Post#16 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:33 am

jwbrooklyn wrote:Zeke, get off your Arse!!! Warrior just waived DJ Mbenga. Pick him up you fool!!!
Im sure you are kidding but i was just out in SF and saw the Warriors play the T-Wolves. Mbenga got a lot of PT and boy oh boy did he suck!!!
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#17 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:51 am

I couldn't agree with you more, but that will never happen, becaust it makes too much sense.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#18 » by Flaming Mo » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:58 am

I rather get picks to pick real basketball players instead of an athlete who couldn't stay on two teams in the last couple of months...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:18 pm

We need an athletic big man who plays with intensity. Cut Jerome space eater and give this kid a contract the entire season. We need a big that plays big. He is a physical kid that would definitely put some fear in the opposing players mind. It sure as hell would be a change of pace from the softies we have in our front court currently.

But watch Miami beats us to the punch. They have smarter folks at their front office who recognize that they must add a defensive big on their roster to replace some of the production they have lost from the absence of Zo.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#20 » by Flaming Mo » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:26 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:We need an athletic big man who plays with intensity. Cut Jerome space eater and give this kid a contract the entire season. We need a big that plays big. He is a physical kid that would definitely put some fear in the opposing players mind. It sure as hell would be a change of pace from the softies we have in our front court currently.

But watch Miami beats us to the punch. They have smarter folks at their front office who recognize that they must add a defensive big on their roster to replace some of the production they have lost from the absence of Zo.

You are overrating Mbenga, this kid couldn't crack the rotation anywhere and just because he would be a bench player on a horrible Miami team doesn't mean he's worth signing. Sure, it's not a big loss if we do but he still isn't part of the solution for our team...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...

Return to New York Knicks