ImageImageImageImageImage

10 days later and nothing has changed...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

10 days later and nothing has changed... 

Post#1 » by Red Vines » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:45 am

I was hoping I could stay away from the Knicks for awhile, come back in the new year and at least find out that some changes have been made in a positive direction...but all I see is that it is still the same crap. A 7 game losing streak? God help us.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Post#2 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:51 am

What did you expect?
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#3 » by Houston99 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:29 am

four more days and isiah should be canned if he keeps his promise
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#4 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:32 am

Clemenza wrote:four more days and isiah should be canned if he keeps his promise
He never promised to fire himself. He just said it would be fair to bring up the question of whether or not it would be fair to say that we should go in another direction coaching-wise. He has since said that he feels that it is best to move forward with our current coach.
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#5 » by ComeOnKnicks » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:12 am

I think it's 2 weeks starting now!
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#6 » by ComeOnKnicks » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:14 am

GONYK wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
He has since said that he feels that it is best to move forward with our current coach.

Did he really say that?? that's priceless, endorsing himself huh?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: At least he's entertaining. the championship talk and this. Couldn't make this stuff up! It could only be funnier if he referred to the coach as Coach Thomas and the gm as GM Thomas. That would make this slightly more tolerable.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#7 » by richardhutnik » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:42 am

Clemenza wrote:four more days and isiah should be canned if he keeps his promise

What promise? He gave himself a vote of confidence.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#8 » by mjhp911 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:05 am

He never promised to fire himself. He just said it would be fair to bring up the question of whether or not it would be fair to say that we should go in another direction coaching-wise. He has since said that he feels that it is best to move forward with our current coach.

The 'changes' we might see, might involve the team, in fact (not the coach or GM)...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#9 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:14 am

mjhp911 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The 'changes' we might see, might involve the team, in fact (not the coach or GM)...
I hope so. As I've stated before, IF Isiah has realized that it's time to blow this up and rebuild through the draft, then we might see the light at the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later. If he still thinks we are 1 player a way, which after coaching this team for 1.5 seasons, and seeing that they have no balance and little heart, I can't see how he can think that, then we are screwed.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#10 » by Slimpack » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:18 am

You mean with trades? I seem to recall Isiah saying that the Knicks would be inactive around the trade deadline. Then again he could have just been lying, but I doubt he was, because the Knicks don't really have anyone that they can afford to trade that's tradeable.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#11 » by NYKAL » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:36 pm

as long as people keep buying tickets you can stay away 10days x 10 and you still wont see a difference.

BOYCOTT THE GARDEN! STOP WATCHING MSG NETWORK! CANCEL YOUR LEAGUE PASS SUBSCRIPTION and be sure to tell the operator WHY!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#12 » by TKF » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:35 pm

Isiah the GM will never stab Isiah the coach in the back, and vice versa...

I already am looking toward next season.... and Isiah's departure, hopefully!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#13 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:02 pm

:rofl:

Is there any coach/GM....or even any person in history that has said more crap then Isiah? He has to be up there. Everything he says is BS.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#14 » by FKF » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:23 pm

What If Dolan keeps Isiah for the draft, knowing he's good at it, and fires him right after?
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#15 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:40 pm

FKF wrote:What If Dolan keeps Isiah for the draft, knowing he's good at it, and fires him right after?

I don
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#16 » by mjhp911 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:28 pm

I hope so. As I've stated before, IF Isiah has realized that it's time to blow this up and rebuild through the draft, then we might see the light at the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later. If he still thinks we are 1 player a way, which after coaching this team for 1.5 seasons, and seeing that they have no balance and little heart, I can't see how he can think that, then we are screwed.

I hate to break it to you, but he's not going to blow this thing up. Even if he wanted to (which I think he did when he first took over), he wouldn't be allowed to. I can see ownership being 'satisfied' with this makeover this summer: a lottery pick, Artest with the MLE, and maybe another long term deal from a fire sale using Malik or Marb (though I'd HATE to add another long term deal... I just know this franchise and it's entirely within the realm of possibility). I still can't see how ownership is going to justify retaining Zeke, but Dolan does as he pleases. And the team can still finish strong to make the PR Department's job easier.
msg33
Sixth Man
And1: 99

Post#17 » by msg33 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:15 pm

That change or move must be the demotion of Q-Brick
Isiah must be tired of doing this :banghead: for Q-Brick
The Knicks!
Revamped & Amped Up!
Lets Go Knicks!
#6 BUILDING BUILDING BUILDING BUILDING BUILDING BUILDING
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#18 » by Slimpack » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:47 pm

I hate to break it to you, but he's not going to blow this thing up. Even if he wanted to (which I think he did when he first took over), he wouldn't be allowed to. I can see ownership being 'satisfied' with this makeover this summer: a lottery pick, Artest with the MLE, and maybe another long term deal from a fire sale using Malik or Marb (though I'd HATE to add another long term deal... I just know this franchise and it's entirely within the realm of possibility). I still can't see how ownership is going to justify retaining Zeke, but Dolan does as he pleases. And the team can still finish strong to make the PR Department's job easier.

I think Dolan would allow a true rebuild. He probably thinks he's doing so right now. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't allow it.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#19 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:50 am

If they don't blow it up, and don't fire Isiah, then I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Return to New York Knicks