ImageImageImageImageImage

Q-Rich Heading To Bench!!!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Q-Rich Heading To Bench!!! 

Post#1 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:20 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50173/20080108/q_rich_heading_to_bench

Well it's about damn time.
But no Lee, Jefferies? Another smack in Lee's face. We don't need Lee's energy, we need him for his superior play. I'd rather see Balkman than Jefferies also.

EMS
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:25 pm

Isiah really doesn't have a clue about basketball. He goes with how much a player is making Vs how much that player can contribute. Why did it take him more than 30 games to realize that Q has been once again garbage this season? Wilson Chandler should be the one playing instead of Jefferies to tell you all the truth. He is by far the best SF on the roster. He can make a jumper, shoot freethrows, run the court, plays defense, etc. However, that is too smart of a decision for Isiah to make.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#3 » by NYKAL » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:34 pm

Lee is not a small forward and, tends to get abused from that position. I'm not defending Isiah because, he is an idiot but, Lee@3 is not the answer. We would be better served with either Balkman, Chandler or, even Jeffries at that spot. It's not like they were getting any scoring from that spot anyway so, why not put any energy guy who can't score but can at least defend at that spot (Balkman) or, since the season is a wash, put Chandler in who can at least hit a shot once in a while
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#4 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:41 pm

NYKAL wrote:Lee is not a small forward and, tends to get abused from that position. I'm not defending Isiah because, he is an idiot but, Lee@3 is not the answer. We would be better served with either Balkman, Chandler or, even Jeffries at that spot. It's not like they were getting any scoring from that spot anyway so, why not put any energy guy who can't score but can at least defend at that spot (Balkman) or, since the season is a wash, put Chandler in who can at least hit a shot once in a while

Exactly. Chandler needs to develop and the only way to really know what the kid is capable of is by playing him. Throw him in there and see if he is worthy.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#5 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:42 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:Isiah really doesn't have a clue about basketball. He goes with how much a player is making Vs how much that player can contribute. Why did it take him more than 30 games to realize that Q has been once again garbage this season? Wilson Chandler should be the one playing instead of Jefferies to tell you all the truth. He is by far the best SF on the roster. He can make a jumper, shoot freethrows, run the court, plays defense, etc. However, that is too smart of a decision for Isiah to make.
Isiah probably kept Q in the starting lineup because he felt Q works hard, plays hard, and deserves minutes. Was this decision detrimental to the team? Yes.

Wilson should not be starting just yet, but he should get more minutes. Balkman should be starting. Let's see if he's still got the ability to impact a game without fouling. Will any of this happen anytime soon? Probably not.

Jeffries is another player who plays hard, but sadly, is not that effective. If Isiah is basing the lineups on whoever plays like they want it, it's hard to fault him too much for that, especially since we were playing without heart or hustle. I doubt whatever combo of players he puts into the game will affect the W/L total anyway.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#6 » by NYKAL » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:50 pm

Cut Mardy Collins OR buy out Malik and sign DEMARR JOHNSON. I know he's not the answer but, hes an upgrade over QBrick
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#7 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:57 pm

NYKAL wrote:Cut Mardy Collins OR buy out Malik and sign DEMARR JOHNSON. I know he's not the answer but, hes an upgrade over QBrick

You don't cut a young player like Collins. When are you guys ever going to freaking learn? It takes time to develop players in this league. You have to be patient and surround they youngsters with great coaches to teach them. The players we need to really cut are: James and Malik.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#8 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:01 pm

NYKAL wrote:Cut Mardy Collins OR buy out Malik and sign DEMARR JOHNSON. I know he's not the answer but, hes an upgrade over QBrick
Dermarr plays for the Spurs
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#9 » by NYKAL » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:13 pm

GONYK wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dermarr plays for the Spurs

Dermarr waived along with some kid I've never heard of :)
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#10 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:15 pm

NYKAL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dermarr waived along with some kid I've never heard of :)
Ahh..you're right. I was always a fan of Dermarr, but I don't think a kid who couldn't beat out a rookie Ariza in Summer League play will add much to the team.
dadanyk
Analyst
And1: 72

Post#11 » by dadanyk » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:24 pm

chandler should be the one getting the nod over jefferies.... he not a threat on offense ( he can't shoot ) defense plays off him which tightens up the paint...

at least with chandler the defense has to come out and play him which then opens up the floor for the penetrators...
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#12 » by NYKAL » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:28 pm

well if you think about it, Demarr is not much more experienced than Ariza (who we all wish was still a Knick) since he was injured in that car accident that killed (I think it was Malik Sealy) of the Timberwolves.

If memory serves, that was his rook year and he played for us the year prior to Ariza being drafted so, to downgrade him because he didn't outplay ariza is unfair. Look how Ariza is playing in LA. The kid is balling and still posterizing guys.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#13 » by NYKAL » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:30 pm

also, he looked good in George Karls system and, as sad as it is has more playoff experience than all the half of the knicks squad.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#14 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:36 pm

NYKAL wrote:well if you think about it, Demarr is not much more experienced than Ariza (who we all wish was still a Knick) since he was injured in that car accident that killed (I think it was Malik Sealy) of the Timberwolves.

If memory serves, that was his rook year and he played for us the year prior to Ariza being drafted so, to downgrade him because he didn't outplay ariza is unfair. Look how Ariza is playing in LA. The kid is balling and still posterizing guys.
His car accident was in no way connected to Sealy's, but I see your point. I don't agree though.

He was unproductive and disappointing in his first 2 years with Atl, then the car accident came. He missed the entire 2002-2003 season, and then played in the ABA I think. Then we signed him, and he played alright. Then Ariza snatched his spot the next year. Dermarr isn't one of those players who still has any potential to contribute or grow much beyond a fringe player in the NBA at this point. The guy is almost 28.

I would much rather bring back Qyntel Woods, who I am still surprised hasn't found a team to play on after the year he spent with us.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#15 » by gavran » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:45 pm

Woods plays in Europe.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#16 » by StutterStep » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:50 pm

NYKAL wrote:Lee is not a small forward and, tends to get abused from that position. I'm not defending Isiah because, he is an idiot but, Lee@3 is not the answer. We would be better served with either Balkman, Chandler or, even Jeffries at that spot. It's not like they were getting any scoring from that spot anyway so, why not put any energy guy who can't score but can at least defend at that spot (Balkman) or, since the season is a wash, put Chandler in who can at least hit a shot once in a while

I actually disagree with that assessment because I recalled Lee playing SF next to Antonio Davis and Eddy Curry, and us winning 6 games in a row.

Lee is not the permanent answer at SF but he is and should be a permanent fixture in our team's future. Putting Lee out there gives you another rebounder and a guy who is adept at recovering all those misses our shooter make, and those the other team makes. That makes up for part of his defense.

With Zach at PF and playing more on the perimeter, Lee will have enough space to cut, rebound and help out the passing game.

I don't mind Jeffries in the starting lineup but he should be replacing Eddy at Center, OR Zach at PF. It is time Lee starts.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#17 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:11 pm

You folks just don't understand basketball. Just like Isiah, the smartest fans around here are making the same mistakes by calling for Lee to be in as SF instead of true 2 way player like Chandler. I am truly beginning to wonder about the Knicks. We are making bad decisions over bad decisions; at some point, that has to stop. I like Jefferies a lot, but the fact that our offense is so stagnant will expose his weaknesses. Isiah needs to free up Marbury and ask of him to take more shots, because he is the answer to our problems, especially if Jeff is going to be in the lineup.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#18 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:16 pm

The only memorable thing about Dermarr as a Knick was that he seemed to wear every single possible accessory that he could. I bet he would have worn a cape if the NBA allowed it.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#19 » by StutterStep » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:24 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:You folks just don't understand basketball. Just like Isiah, the smartest fans around here are making the same mistakes by calling for Lee to be in as SF instead of true 2 way player like Chandler. I am truly beginning to wonder about the Knicks. We are making bad decisions over bad decisions; at some point, that has to stop. I like Jefferies a lot, but the fact that our offense is so stagnant will expose his weaknesses. Isiah needs to free up Marbury and ask of him to take more shots, because he is the answer to our problems, especially if Jeff is going to be in the lineup.

Please re-read your own post!!

How do you go from playing spot minutes to starting, esp. over Jeffries -- a guy who plays very good perimeter defense, which happens to be our biggest problem.

Our offense is not stagnant because Steph is not taking enough shots. It is predictable because everyone stands around waiting for the ball to come to them, instead of moving around. Lee does that plus he looks to pass first and his shot second.

Of the little I have seen of Chandler, he looks for his shot a little too quickly, and the jury is out on whether he can defend his position.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#20 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:37 pm

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I actually disagree with that assessment because I recalled Lee playing SF next to Antonio Davis and Eddy Curry, and us winning 6 games in a row.

Lee is not the permanent answer at SF but he is and should be a permanent fixture in our team's future. Putting Lee out there gives you another rebounder and a guy who is adept at recovering all those misses our shooter make, and those the other team makes. That makes up for part of his defense.

With Zach at PF and playing more on the perimeter, Lee will have enough space to cut, rebound and help out the passing game.

I don't mind Jeffries in the starting lineup but he should be replacing Eddy at Center, OR Zach at PF. It is time Lee starts.

Some great points.

I understand the 3 is not Lee's best position. Really I was saying it relative to how bad Q is playing. But clearly Balkman can play the 3 and it makes sense for Chandler to get some minutes there. I'm sure practicing with the squad has helped him more than the D league ever would.

Anyway, I think you have to reward Lee for playing well, at least over Jefferies, give him a chance at least. Jesus, 30 games for Q to prove this?

Return to New York Knicks