ImageImageImageImageImage

TKF's keys to the victory.. it's about time..

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

TKF's keys to the victory.. it's about time.. 

Post#1 » by TKF » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:20 am

I try to refrain from doing keys now, considering how the knicks have resembeled a dumster fire of late, but since wins with the knick are almost as rare as a haley comet sighting, I guess I will do one..

Tonight we saw joe smith who against the knicks, and I am serious when I say this, transforms into kevin garnett and tim Duncan... really, against these knicks, he, for these four quarters justifies his being selected #1 overall in the draft... other times, against other teams, you see why he was considered a bust....

keys:

Curry played a very good game, not great, but good, 29/8/4, now I don't know if those are the official numbers, but last time I checked I think that was it.. curry blocked some shots, was efficient in the post, scoring and making some key passes, that last tip pass to marbury for the three was key...

marbury: he hit big shots tonight but his defense late on ben gordon was key, marbury was quite but very effective....

Crawford: you guys see what happens when craw is allowed to be a second and third option? when guys like curry and marbury do their jobs? jamal had 24 points and 5 dimes.. he hit the big shot to tied the game, and hit some big three's to keep the knicks in it.. He almost shot 50% from the field tonight..

Lee: 11/8/3 dimes... Lee came in and got some big boards, was solid on defense and was running the floor finishing the break. Even the bulls announcers noticed how much better the knicks are when they ran. that play in which the knicks took the lead 102-100, when marbury raced down the court gave lee a tough bounce and in one motion lee grabbed the ball and went up for a dunk between two bulls defenders, that was a hell of a play, and the reason why some of feel that lee is just not an average "role" player.. that was a tough play, great finish.. he had a solid game, impactful, his game was...

zach: Geez, damn, oh well..... zach had 9/9. This guy is one selfish cat. I noticed two plays, that just drove me crazy. When curry was rolling, zach came down demanding the ball in the post, he took two bad shots and almost opened the door for the bulls to pull away, this guy is a piece of work, then on another possession, I noticed that nate came down, zach posted up on the right side demanding the ball, nate , who looked like he was trying to call a play(that wasn't going to zach) just looked at zach, backed up and didn't pass him the ball. I was like good for you nate.. zach is an offense killer, team chemistry destroyer. I don't like that cat!

nate: solid game 7/10/7 , actually more than solid, he had a fantastic game, his shot was not on, witnessed bu that wide open airball, but he did a lot of other things, the 10 assists and 7 boards were key, nate had the kind of game a good backup gives you in order to win..

Q: Clank, Clank, clank... oh wait..............clank.............

overall, I will take this win and lose a few ping pong balls, just as long as we beat the bulls... Although they were without deng, they did get great games from joe smith and gordon to a lesser extent, along with that professional flopper, hinrich , whom I have lost a lot of respect for...

Scrub of the game: Aaron "gomer pyle" gray( not sure of the spelling) That is the one thing I felt curry didn't do so well, he let this stiff get 12 points in less than 10 minutes, I mean for the love of god, this stiff?

Anyway 9-24, good win, but we still are a dumpster fire.......
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by king_k4life » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:23 am

Finally I can sleep
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Re: TKF's keys to the victory.. it's about time.. 

Post#3 » by PrecociousNeoph » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:24 am

TKF wrote:I try to refrain from doing keys now, considering how the knicks have resembeled a dumster fire of late, but since wins with the knick are almost as rare as a haley comet sighting, I guess I will do one..

Tonight we saw joe smith who against the knicks, and I am serious when I say this, transforms into kevin garnett and tim Duncan... really, against these knicks, he, for these four quarters justifies his being selected #1 overall in the draft... other times, against other teams, you see why he was considered a bust....

keys:

Curry played a very good game, not great, but good, 29/8/4, now I don't know if those are the official numbers, but last time I checked I think that was it.. curry blocked some shots, was efficient in the post, scoring and making some key passes, that last tip pass to marbury for the three was key...

marbury: he hit big shots tonight but his defense late on ben gordon was key, marbury was quite but very effective....

Crawford: you guys see what happens when craw is allowed to be a second and third option? when guys like curry and marbury do their jobs? jamal had 24 points and 5 dimes.. he hit the big shot to tied the game, and hit some big three's to keep the knicks in it.. He almost shot 50% from the field tonight..

Lee: 11/8/3 dimes... Lee came in and got some big boards, was solid on defense and was running the floor finishing the break. Even the bulls announcers noticed how much better the knicks are when they ran. that play in which the knicks took the lead 102-100, when marbury raced down the court gave lee a tough bounce and in one motion lee grabbed the ball and went up for a dunk between two bulls defenders, that was a hell of a play, and the reason why some of feel that lee is just not an average "role" player.. that was a tough play, great finish.. he had a solid game, impactful, his game was...

zach: Geez, damn, oh well..... zach had 9/9. This guy is one selfish cat. I noticed two plays, that just drove me crazy. When curry was rolling, zach came down demanding the ball in the post, he took two bad shots and almost opened the door for the bulls to pull away, this guy is a piece of work, then on another possession, I noticed that nate came down, zach posted up on the right side demanding the ball, nate , who looked like he was trying to call a play(that wasn't going to zach) just looked at zach, backed up and didn't pass him the ball. I was like good for you nate.. zach is an offense killer, team chemistry destroyer. I don't like that cat!

nate: solid game 7/10/7 , actually more than solid, he had a fantastic game, his shot was not on, witnessed bu that wide open airball, but he did a lot of other things, the 10 assists and 7 boards were key, nate had the kind of game a good backup gives you in order to win..

Q: Clank, Clank, clank... oh wait..............clank.............

overall, I will take this win and lose a few ping pong balls, just as long as we beat the bulls... Although they were without deng, they did get great games from joe smith and gordon to a lesser extent, along with that professional flopper, hinrich , whom I have lost a lot of respect for...

Scrub of the game: Aaron "gomer pyle" gray( not sure of the spelling) That is the one thing I felt curry didn't do so well, he let this stiff get 12 points in less than 10 minutes, I mean for the love of god, this stiff?

Anyway 9-24, good win, but we still are a dumpster fire.......

:rofl:
“Bye, Felicia.”
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#4 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:24 am

the keys to tonights win was q hardly playing at all and zach playing less minutes because of foul trouble.

take q out of the rotation and trade zach asap. it's too late to salvage this year but i just can't watch these two play anymore.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#5 » by ElMatatan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:24 am

lol@Q: Clank, Clank, Clank
NY State of Mind
Clark_Kent411
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Clark_Kent411 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:26 am

Very good observations. Nate is the man...when his shots aren't falling, he does other things that help the team win. I think the 10 assists is a career high for Nate...LOL

So, I guess we'll be seeing these kind of threads after another 7 or 8 games.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#7 » by adjacent2bench » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:30 am

And guys shut me down a couple months ago when I made a trade Zach thread. The guys doesn't play team ball. He reminds me of Melo his rookie year, taking the ball and holding it for like 7 seconds. Big men shouldn't do that. Even guards shouldn't be doing it. Get Zach off this team. Send him to Chi-Town or something.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,274

Post#8 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:33 am

TKF wrote:Scrub of the game: Aaron "gomer pyle" gray( not sure of the spelling) That is the one thing I felt curry didn't do so well, he let this stiff get 12 points in less than 10 minutes, I mean for the love of god, this stiff?

:rofl:
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,063

Post#9 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:35 am

4 blocks from Eddy. He did at least give effort tonight, and it showed.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#10 » by Slimpack » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:37 am

It's nice to see the Knicks play well sometimes, I just hope that Dolan doesn't see a few good games as a reason to keep Isiah beyond this season. The Knicks aren't going to make the playoffs, and I don't think they'll come close either, but them playing well might make Dolan give Isiah another chance. If that happens we're really messed up.
joelh
Freshman

Post#11 » by joelh » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:43 am

Great analysis. But this team needs to stop beating bad teams without key players (Deng out 2 of 4 games vs Bulls and those are the 2 games the Knicks win IIRC)

It's nice, but the wins you can predict are the ones that are the least satisfying.
FireIsiah.com
Help Fire Lord Eyebrows!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by TKF » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:55 am

joelh wrote:Great analysis. But this team needs to stop beating bad teams without key players (Deng out 2 of 4 games vs Bulls and those are the 2 games the Knicks win IIRC)

It's nice, but the wins you can predict are the ones that are the least satisfying.

yea, but that doesn't matter, that deng was out. We are a bad team, we will take wins however we can get them. In all fairness we didn't have marbury for 3 weeks I think, and despite what many of us think of marbury, he does give us another "quality" player on the floor.... with that being said, I would not mind waking up and seeing zach and marbury traded tomorrow..
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#13 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:04 am

TKF wrote:zach: Geez, damn, oh well..... zach had 9/9. This guy is one selfish cat. I noticed two plays, that just drove me crazy. When curry was rolling, zach came down demanding the ball in the post, he took two bad shots and almost opened the door for the bulls to pull away, this guy is a piece of work, then on another possession, I noticed that nate came down, zach posted up on the right side demanding the ball, nate , who looked like he was trying to call a play(that wasn't going to zach) just looked at zach, backed up and didn't pass him the ball. I was like good for you nate.. zach is an offense killer, team chemistry destroyer. I don't like that cat!

Zach had a terrible game but the REFS had a whole lot to do with it.

Do me a favor! Look at our past games (for a few seasons) versus the Bulls, and you will notice a trend. The REFS call stupid fouls on one of our bigs that takes away our interior dominance and we give up lots of rebounds for second chance points.

Tonight Zach was the victim.

Also, I know Curry had BEAST numbers tonight but we got dominated on the boards in the first half with Zach out. The second quarter rally was mainly on NATE who played unselfishly and got Lee and others into a groove.

Third Quarter -- another stupid foul called on Zach that takes him out of the game. We go into a big hole.

Fourth Quarter - now with four then five fouls Zach comes in and gives us 7/7 next to Lee and we dominate the boards...AND the quarter.

People laugh or don't think it will work, but I keep saying that we should play Lee next to Curry/Zach for more rebounding dominance and force other teams to go big with us.

Then, when one of the bigs get into foul trouble we can either bring in Nate or Jeffries depending on our current need.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by TKF » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:09 am

StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:zach: Geez, damn, oh well..... zach had 9/9. This guy is one selfish cat. I noticed two plays, that just drove me crazy. When curry was rolling, zach came down demanding the ball in the post, he took two bad shots and almost opened the door for the bulls to pull away, this guy is a piece of work, then on another possession, I noticed that nate came down, zach posted up on the right side demanding the ball, nate , who looked like he was trying to call a play(that wasn't going to zach) just looked at zach, backed up and didn't pass him the ball. I was like good for you nate.. zach is an offense killer, team chemistry destroyer. I don't like that cat!

Zach had a terrible game but the REFS had a whole lot to do with it.

Do me a favor! Look at our past games (for a few seasons) versus the Bulls, and you will notice a trend. The REFS call stupid fouls on one of our bigs that takes away our interior dominance and we give up lots of rebounds for second chance points.

Tonight Zach was the victim.

Also, I know Curry had BEAST numbers tonight but we got dominated on the boards in the first half with Zach out. The second quarter rally was mainly on NATE who played unselfishly and got Lee and others into a groove.

Third Quarter -- another stupid foul called on Zach that takes him out of the game. We go into a big hole.

Fourth Quarter - now with four then five fouls Zach comes in and gives us 7/7 next to Lee and we dominate the boards...AND the quarter.

People laugh or don't think it will work, but I keep saying that we should play Lee next to Curry/Zach for more rebounding dominance and force other teams to go big with us.

Then, when one of the bigs get into foul trouble we can either bring in Nate or Jeffries depending on our current need.

the refs were horrible tonight, I know that for sure, and zach did get jobbed on a few calls, but this guy is just an offense killer. I mean be honest, he just isn't the guy we need out on the floor for 30+ minutes a game... can you at least agree with that?
seattleknick
Sophomore

Post#15 » by seattleknick » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:29 am

I also thought Nate played great on the ball defense on Chicago's guards. Everytime Gordon, Heinrich tried to drive on Nate, he held excellent position and changed their shots without fouling for the most part.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#16 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:35 am

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

the refs were horrible tonight, I know that for sure, and zach did get jobbed on a few calls, but this guy is just an offense killer. I mean be honest, he just isn't the guy we need out on the floor for 30+ minutes a game... can you at least agree with that?

No. QRich is an offense-killer. Curry when he isn't being spoon-fed is an offense killer.

Zach makes up for a lot of his lack of ball movement by at least getting defensive rebounds. If Curry was a rebounder, I would be so pissed about the Zach trade. But for every point Curry got tonight he let us get dominated on the offensive rebounds in the first half.

And, as you noted Arron "gomer pyle" Gray nearly took a dump on him. Had Boylan played Gray in the fourth quarter over Ben "i got no shot" Wallace, the outcome might have been different.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by TKF » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:49 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No. QRich is an offense-killer. Curry when he isn't being spoon-fed is an offense killer.

Zach makes up for a lot of his lack of ball movement by at least getting defensive rebounds. If Curry was a rebounder, I would be so pissed about the Zach trade. But for every point Curry got tonight he let us get dominated on the offensive rebounds in the first half.

And, as you noted Arron "gomer pyle" Gray nearly took a dump on him. Had Boylan played Gray in the fourth quarter over Ben "i got no shot" Wallace, the outcome might have been different.

he did put gray in, and after hitting a jumper, he fouled curry, came down, walked, and then had another turnover I think, he was then pulled... the clock struck midnight for cindarella gomer pyle..
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#18 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:00 am

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

he did put gray in, and after hitting a jumper, he fouled curry, came down, walked, and then had another turnover I think, he was then pulled... the clock struck midnight for cindarella gomer pyle..

Yeah, but with Gray we couldn't double-team as hard and force the ball to Ben's hands. Every time Ben touches the ball that's like 4 seconds off the shot-clock -- that's how bad he is.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#19 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:23 am

FINALLY!!!
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,249

Post#20 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:50 am

Good read TKF. I didn't even turn on the game - expecting another L and another ping pong ball.

On Zach, while I understand what you are saying, I've seen Zach carry this team. he's about as good a rebounder as Lee, and probably as good a player as we have overall. Is he selfish, shoots a low percentage, bad for the team - yes, yes and yes, but I've also seen him be the fire we need at times.

Zach's not all bad. He's talented and he works hard, so I'm not ready to give up on him. I just hope Isiah can do for Zach what he's done for Curry.
Go NY Go NY Go

Return to New York Knicks