ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade to bring in ballplayers...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DonJuanCapistro
Senior
And1: 0

Trade to bring in ballplayers... 

Post#1 » by DonJuanCapistro » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:33 pm

I know I will get flamed for proposing this trade, I want to trade this years pick...
The deal works in terms of salaries matching...

NY Trades

Zach, Balkman, morris + unprotected 08 draft pick
for

Okafor, Gerald Wallace, and Othella Harrington

This seemingly solves all of our defensive issues. Eddy is still a huge liability on D, but pairing him with okafor will make a fromidable front line for the next 4 years. A front court of Lee, curry and okafor will contend with any frontcourt in the league.

As much as i love balkman, wallace is everything we could ever hope he grows into. Hes unselfish, shoots a high percentage at 46.7% and is a monster on d, hes averaging 2 steals per game this year.

I'd be weary of charlotte biting, but the prospect of a very high lottery pick should entice them enough.

Our lineup would be:

Marbury/collins
Craw/nate
Wallace/q/jeffries/chandler
Okafor/lee/
Curry/Malik

anyone think this is a good deal?
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,315

Post#2 » by gavran » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:36 pm

Formidable? I hope Boston hears it.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#3 » by Jose7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:36 pm

1.) Why would Charlotte do that?
2.) People cry abuot Isiah trading unprotected picks, and now we move another one?
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
DonJuanCapistro
Senior

Post#4 » by DonJuanCapistro » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:37 pm

lol...gavran
“I felt like I was in college again. That's one of the best feelings in the world. You don't have to worry about anything.” Salim Stoudamire
DonJuanCapistro
Senior

Post#5 » by DonJuanCapistro » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:39 pm

charlotte does it because they are unsure of whether or not to resign okafor, they get a stop gap in zach and they rebuild through the draft. They are a much cheaper, younger team then us, its easier for them rebuild through the draft. Theyd have 2 lotto picks this yr...
“I felt like I was in college again. That's one of the best feelings in the world. You don't have to worry about anything.” Salim Stoudamire
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#6 » by Jose7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:44 pm

DonJuanCapistro wrote:charlotte does it because they are unsure of whether or not to resign okafor, they get a stop gap in zach and they rebuild through the draft. They are a much cheaper, younger team then us, its easier for them rebuild through the draft. Theyd have 2 lotto picks this yr...

Zach getting paid 15M dollars a year ove rthe next 4 years is a stop gap?

I dont get what you mean that they dont know whether or not to re sign Okafor.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#7 » by truth serum » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:46 pm

Hell no. CHA would probably not even do it.....and neither would I. I want that pick....and I want to rebuild the right way. I don't want Eddy Curry as my center anymore....no matter who you put next to him. The problem is....people just assume that if you put a defender next to him or Zach, it solves all of our problems. But it doesn't work like that. You assume because you have someone who can score on one side, and someone who can defend on the other side, that it's a perfect match and they can contend with anyone. Once again, it doesn't work like that. Not to mention, Okafor is injury prone and looking for a huge pay day. Sound familiar?

Curry is soft, and most of this team is soft. Keep the young, hard workers on this team...get our OWN star player in this draft and take it from there. If and when we trade Zach and Eddy, it should be for expiring contracts. Thats my stance and it isn't going to change. First step: Fire Isiah Thomas.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#8 » by truth serum » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:48 pm

[quote="Jose7
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,269

Post#9 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:50 pm

No more quick fix trades...this would be another trade that tries to keep the Knicks competitive rather then rebuild. While I could see that team being competitive and making a run at the playoffs, it isnt good enough to be a contender and we would still need some big pieces to make that happen. We would have a lot of long term contracts after that deal (assuming we resign Okafor) and I am not very confident that Okafor can remain healthy with his bad back.

Bottom line, unless we can get back a superstar I am not trading this pick. Enough is enough. We just need to keep this pick if for anything else then just for princilple.

I also have some doubts about whether Charl does this. It kinda contradicts the moves they made this offseason.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
DonJuanCapistro
Senior

Post#10 » by DonJuanCapistro » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:51 pm

damnit mecca, your good.

I may not be realistic, i just want my knicks to be good again, damnit!
truth serum
Banned User

Post#11 » by truth serum » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:27 pm

DonJuanCapistro wrote:damnit mecca, your good.

Hey, I feel your pain. I don't mean to be harsh....I'm just as frustrated as you are. But people gotta realize that a few trades aren't going to fix this team....especially during THIS disastrous season. Our only hope right now is that Isiah a) makes no trades at the deadline, and b) gets fired by draft time. (we don't need him for this draft....it should be a no brainer)

I want someone with a brain to come in here and make the RIGHT trades. Trades for more youngins/draft picks and cap space. It may take a while, but the longer Isiah is here, the longer it will take. I've had enough of the poor excuse for a basketball team that is the NY Knicks.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#12 » by DE FENSE » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:41 pm

I would think Isiah would know better than to trade more unprotected picks...

...but maybe Jordan has some dirt on him, so I'm sure something can be worked out after some blackmail.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#13 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:40 pm

DonJuanCapistro wrote:damnit mecca, your good.

moocow >>> mecca

Return to New York Knicks