ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Did you hear about Ray Allen...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#21 » by reggielewis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 pm

hate to break it to you guys but Ray is fine. He would ahve played last night if it was a "playoff" game but since we are looking at the big picture Doc decided to rest him one more day. He said himself he felt perfectly fine yesterday but Doc made the choice to rest him one more day.
Also I do want to add that Ray has missed 2 games prior to this and the C's did fine. Althoug I think he is a vital piece of the puzzle, his spot is the "easier" of the three to make up for.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#22 » by earthmansurfer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:24 pm

reggielewis wrote:hate to break it to you guys but Ray is fine. He would ahve played last night if it was a "playoff" game but since we are looking at the big picture Doc decided to rest him one more day. He said himself he felt perfectly fine yesterday but Doc made the choice to rest him one more day.
Also I do want to add that Ray has missed 2 games prior to this and the C's did fine. Althoug I think he is a vital piece of the puzzle, his spot is the "easier" of the three to make up for.

He had numb fingers, that is pretty F'n serious if you know anything about pinched nerves. He shot 1 for 7 or something horrendous like that the game before and you believe what Doc said? Coaches ALWAYS back up the team... look no further than Isiah.

A bigger point is that the other "2" will have to increase their play which increases their exposure to injury as well. I like the idea of have those three talented players together but it really is just a matter of time...
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#23 » by reggielewis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:03 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He had numb fingers, that is pretty F'n serious if you know anything about pinched nerves. He shot 1 for 7 or something horrendous like that the game before and you believe what Doc said? Coaches ALWAYS back up the team... look no further than Isiah.

A bigger point is that the other "2" will have to increase their play which increases their exposure to injury as well. I like the idea of have those three talented players together but it really is just a matter of time...

"fair enough" but yes i do understand the seriousness of nerve damage. but for lack of arguing, he had been feeling that way for a few days and it finally reached a point that made him decide to sit out. So my opinion is that it was not TOO serious and he would have played last night per Doc (and Ray). Ray was the one who came out an dsaid he was a little concerend at first and did not attempt to sugarcoat it so I do believe him when he says he feels fine.
I understand that the injury bug may hit, it is a part of the season, but i think you will see the 3 of them sitting more come march/april as they could go .500 the rest of the way and still have 50 some odd wins. I hope they sit personally, but Doc has done a great job of shortening their min the past few months. KG is the most importnant piece (obviously) and he is averagine 33.5 or something crazy like that. We will see though:)
MVP16
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#24 » by MVP16 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 pm

After missing last night's loss to the Bobcats, both Ray Allen and Glen Davis returned to the practice floor Thursday and they expect to return to the lineup Friday night when the Celtics visit the New Jersey Nets. Scot Pollard didn't practice, as he's been having issues with his left ankle, the same one he sprained before training camp.

"I feel significantly better. It's hard to say, not being in a game situation, but at practice I felt pretty good," Allen said, noting that the numbness he experienced in his fingers was about 80% gone and that he'd slept better last night than he had in the last two days. "It's a day-to-day thing."

As reggielewis was saying, the Allen injury was nothing serious and was just a 1 game thing. And as for people saying that the Celtics are going to struggle because of injuries, we are 2-1 without Ray Allen. The Spurs were 3-2 without Ginobli, I don't see anyone questioning their depth because of that. We were probably going to lose either way against Charlotte coming off a big win in Detroit and riding a 9 game winning streak. It's hard to be up for every game, especially coming off an extreme high against Detroit -- it's usual to hit a low after that.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#25 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:12 pm

If that is something serious, best wishes to Ray Allen...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...

Return to New York Knicks