ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Bill Simmons Endorses Hillary Clinton

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Acer
Banned User
And1: 0

OT: Bill Simmons Endorses Hillary Clinton 

Post#1 » by Acer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:28 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... nks/080109

Still reeling from Hillary's comeback in New Hampshire as a huge underdog Tuesday night. Amazing. I'm leaning toward voting for the Clintons (and really, they're a package deal) for three reasons:

1. They've been in the office before and made all their mistakes the first time around. Shades of Belichick learning from his Cleveland days. This time around, at least we know they'll take over the office with a game plan instead of limping through that first "What the hell am I doing?" year that seems to happen to every new president.

2. I miss Bill Clinton and want him back in my life on a regular basis for comedy and entertainment purposes. The thought of him closing down some hotel bar at 2 in the morning by telling two floozies, "How'd you ladies like to come back to the First Man's suite for a nightcap?" is just too good to pass up.

3. Obama smokes cigarettes. I can't get past this. Should the president be one of those guys who tells his staff, "Hold on, before we discuss this terrorist attack, lemme sneak outside for a butt"? Also, smokers are predisposed to telling white lies because everyone's always trying to get them to quit, so they're always saying stuff like, "Come on, I only have one or two a day," when they're really sneaking off behind garages and getting up at 2 a.m. pretending to get a glass of water and then plowing through a butt in 30 seconds. That makes me nervous. I don't want my president to have a life built around white lies. Unless he's totally open about the smoking ... then it's OK.

With that said, Obama might win me over if he keeps ripping off Cyrus' act from "The Warriors." Check out this YouTube clip of Cyrus' speech, as well as Obama's speech in Iowa, and tell me Obama isn't about six months away from ending every speech with "Cannnnnnn youuuuuuuu diggggggggg ittttttttttttttttttttt???" What an electric speaker. You have to hand it to him.

slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Re: OT: Bill Simmons Endorses Hillary Clinton 

Post#2 » by slamvangundy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 am

Acer wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/links/080109

Still reeling from Hillary's comeback in New Hampshire as a huge underdog Tuesday night. Amazing. I'm leaning toward voting for the Clintons (and really, they're a package deal) for three reasons:

1. They've been in the office before and made all their mistakes the first time around. Shades of Belichick learning from his Cleveland days. This time around, at least we know they'll take over the office with a game plan instead of limping through that first "What the hell am I doing?" year that seems to happen to every new president.

2. I miss Bill Clinton and want him back in my life on a regular basis for comedy and entertainment purposes. The thought of him closing down some hotel bar at 2 in the morning by telling two floozies, "How'd you ladies like to come back to the First Man's suite for a nightcap?" is just too good to pass up.

3. Obama smokes cigarettes. I can't get past this. Should the president be one of those guys who tells his staff, "Hold on, before we discuss this terrorist attack, lemme sneak outside for a butt"? Also, smokers are predisposed to telling white lies because everyone's always trying to get them to quit, so they're always saying stuff like, "Come on, I only have one or two a day," when they're really sneaking off behind garages and getting up at 2 a.m. pretending to get a glass of water and then plowing through a butt in 30 seconds. That makes me nervous. I don't want my president to have a life built around white lies. Unless he's totally open about the smoking ... then it's OK.

With that said, Obama might win me over if he keeps ripping off Cyrus' act from "The Warriors." Check out this YouTube clip of Cyrus' speech, as well as Obama's speech in Iowa, and tell me Obama isn't about six months away from ending every speech with "Cannnnnnn youuuuuuuu diggggggggg ittttttttttttttttttttt???" What an electric speaker. You have to hand it to him.

what an idiotic piece of writing.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#3 » by KnicksScholar24 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 am

Now I'm more inclined to not to vote for Hillary. And why is her nomination refereed to as "the Clintons" campaign.

I don't know where her wealth of "experience" comes from because from what I remember she didn't hold any elected political office (besides First Lady) prior to 2000, after Bill Clinton left office. She most likely wouldn't even have won her races if she didn't have notoriety from being the First Lady.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#4 » by livintoolive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:46 am

Of course he would. He's from the land where they practically GROW crazy liberals.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#5 » by kosmovitelli » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:24 pm

You guys do realize it's comedy and he's not serious about that ?

He's only making fun and using primaries crack jokes. It's page 2. Nothing to take seriously.

Return to New York Knicks