ImageImageImageImageImage

If the Knicks got Rose...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

If the Knicks got Rose... 

Post#1 » by symbiotic » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:25 am

If the Knicks get the worst record, they are guaranteed either Rose or Beasley or Eric Gordon or OJ Mayo....

If they got any of those 4 players, would you like the Knicks to go the route that Seattle has gone and TRY to trade our current guys for younger players to build around the 2008 pick (blow the team up), or would you try to make small tweaks with the team and MAINLY keep our current team the way it us plus our draft pick?

Personally, I think that Marbury, Rose, Artest (however we get him), Lee/Randolph, Curry would be a VERY nice team. It may not be completely necessary to blow up this team if we could get one of those 4 players above, and with that player and some small tweaks, the Knicks could be the team that everybody thought they would be in the offseason or maybe better.

What do you think?
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#2 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 am

Who Malik?
O Poutsokleftis
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by O Poutsokleftis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:35 am

If we get Rose, I think our team doesn't need tweaking. If we get Beasley, then we must surround him with different players.

That's why I think Rose will make the whole team much better and give us stability.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#4 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:47 am

I think there is no franchise talent here in this draft. I could be wrong. i dont follow the college players so much until late in the season.

however if we land a top pick and end up with Rose I think we will just slide him into our current mess. no, i dont think we do a total rebuild
msh5061
Sophomore

Post#5 » by msh5061 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:54 am

With this Knicks team you HAVE to blow it up to make it good again. Try to hold on to David Lee, but anyone else is expendable in my opinion. Pretty much everyone who is not Lee on the Knicks is a loser whether you want to admit it or not. Curry, Randolph, Marbury, and Crawford are farrr from franchise players. Marbury is the biggest anti-franchise player in the history of sports
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#6 » by truth serum » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:20 am

BLOW. IT. UP.

Simple as that. We land a potential franchise point guard with Derrick Rose, and you HAVE to surround him with a new team. Only a new GM would do this though. Isiah wouldn't.

I mean, we have David Lee. I would be more than happy with him as our power forward for now...see what he has in him. I personally think he has more potential than just a hustle/bench player. We also have a couple of young guys at SF that I'd be more than happy to run with for now. Nate is a nice player as well. Pick up a late first rounder/early second rounder or two some how....maybe a Joey Dorsey type or a 2-way guard....look forward to next years draft and take it from there.

I'm done with this current team. I can't say it enough.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#7 » by truth serum » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 am

Also....for the record....I'll be upset if we can't snag a Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley this year. But unlike some people....I think there's a few impact players in this draft.....and I'd also be pretty happy with DeAndre Jordan. I think he has a lot of potenial, and if we aren't going to upgrade at the PG spot....them center is definitely my next choice. It would be my first if Rose wasn't such a good prospect.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,248

Post#8 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:34 pm

It'll be interesting to see what a high pick would do for this team.

I think Beasley's the guy to take if we get #1, and we've got an opening at small forward just waiting to be filled. But Beasley wouldn't immediately improve our defense, nor our team chemistry, though he might improve our shooting.

Derrick Rose, again, I worry about a shoot first Point. I'd be happier with a pass first point, but he's got a tremendous skill set. I'm not sure he's the best guy to pair with Eddy Curry.

DeAndre Jordan - call me crazy if you want, but I could see this guy sliding up to being taken #1 or #2. I know it's a classic mistkae drafting a guy cause he's big in the draft, but - if Seattle gets the #1 pick, would they think about taking a guy who could anchor their team over a super athletic PG, I'd think about it if I was them. He'd help any team. Would I be happy of we drafted Jordan - you bet I would, though it would be interesting to see how he fits in with Curry.

Those guys are probably the top 3, but if we got an Eric Gordan, I'd be happy with his shooting. We desperatly need a shooter on this team.

Past those 4, I don't see anyone who'd make a real difference to this team in the near term. We might need to be bad for 2 seasons and get 2 lotto picks.
Go NY Go NY Go
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#9 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:It'll be interesting to see what a high pick would do for this team.

I think Beasley's the guy to take if we get #1, and we've got an opening at small forward just waiting to be filled. But Beasley wouldn't immediately improve our defense, nor our team chemistry, though he might improve our shooting.

Derrick Rose, again, I worry about a shoot first Point. I'd be happier with a pass first point, but he's got a tremendous skill set. I'm not sure he's the best guy to pair with Eddy Curry.

DeAndre Jordan - call me crazy if you want, but I could see this guy sliding up to being taken #1 or #2. I know it's a classic mistkae drafting a guy cause he's big in the draft, but - if Seattle gets the #1 pick, would they think about taking a guy who could anchor their team over a super athletic PG, I'd think about it if I was them. He'd help any team. Would I be happy of we drafted Jordan - you bet I would, though it would be interesting to see how he fits in with Curry.

Those guys are probably the top 3, but if we got an Eric Gordan, I'd be happy with his shooting. We desperatly need a shooter on this team.

Past those 4, I don't see anyone who'd make a real difference to this team in the near term. We might need to be bad for 2 seasons and get 2 lotto picks.

I wouldn't base my draft on the problems of our current team. We draft the best player regardless of position, skills or anything. It's not about rescuing or fixing our current team, it's about the future...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#10 » by GONYK » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:It'll be interesting to see what a high pick would do for this team.

Rose scores a lot because of Calipari's system, but the kid is a floor general.
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#11 » by DaGoodz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:15 pm

It doesn't matter who we pick, we're going to have to build the team around them.
Even if we get Rose, you can't win with Randolph and Curry as your starting frontcourt. Their defense wil kill the team. And you can't win with Crawford as a your starting SG.
We should just pick the BPA no matter what the position
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Re: If the Knicks got Rose... 

Post#12 » by kosmovitelli » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:26 pm

NewYorkKnight wrote:If the Knicks got Rose...

...they would smell good ?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,265

Post#13 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 pm

This team is a disaster and needs to be blown up no matter what pick we end up with.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,248

Post#14 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:This team is a disaster and needs to be blown up no matter what pick we end up with.

That's what everybody says, but I'm not sure "blow up" is really accurate or realistic.

The time to blow up a team is when you have players of VALUE who you can trade, but your team isn't going to get it done.

You can't blow up a mess, cause, all you've basically done is turned a mess into another mess. Isiah tried to blow up the Layden team, and frankly, I liked most of his trades, but the end result didn't smell much better than what we started, and the win collum is even lower.

First, I don't want to trade Curry, cause he's a legit post player and every so often he hustles. He's no franchise player, but he's somebody we should keep.

Zach - OK, trade Zach if you want. We might be able to get something for him too - that's not bad.

Malik - only trade Malik if you're ready to take on salary (that's what expirings do, they allow you to take on salary, but hopefully add some talent).

Balkman, Chandler, Nate, Mardy, Lee, Morris - those 6 guys, they are young, and only Lee has any trade value - may as well keep those 6. We're not going to improve this team by trading those guys.

Q-Brick (let him retire)

Jamal - I say keep Jamal. He's not been playing bad this year and what do you expect to get for him via trade? We're not going to improve if we trade Jamal.

Jeffries / Jerome - we're stuck with these contracts. Ain't no trading them any time soon.

Marbury - OK, Marbs has a 20 million expiring deal next year. Do you really want to take on 20 million in salary & trade Marbs? I'm not sure I do either.

Fred Jones - OK, you can trade Freddy if you like. I'm fine with that.

but - point being. This isn't a team set to be blown up. We should keep our young players, and I'd keep Curry & Jamal too, and let the others expire/retire, and if a good trade comes along - make a trade, but this team isn't set up for a blow up. We don't have enough to offer in trade.

- - -

Also, Mo

Point taken & I agree. I don't want to draft for need, I want to draft for talent. I was just discussing how the most talented players in this draft fit our short term needs - not saying we should draft that way.
Go NY Go NY Go
unclebear
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#15 » by unclebear » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:30 pm

anyone have youtube videos of Rose, Beasley, Eric Gordon or OJ Mayo....
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#16 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:53 pm

unclebear wrote:anyone have youtube videos of Rose, Beasley, Eric Gordon or OJ Mayo....

How about searching them on www.youtube.com?!?
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#17 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:58 pm

If the Knicks were to get Rose, Marbury won't be a Knick next year

Heck, if the Knicks can't get Rose, Marbury won't be a Knick next year.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
marik1234xx
Senior

Post#18 » by marik1234xx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:54 pm

even if we get rose or beasley it's still a long ways to go.
Knicks!
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#19 » by randomhero423 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:13 pm

get rose. trade for more lotto picks any way possible w/out giving up future picks/lee..
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com

Return to New York Knicks