ImageImageImageImageImage

If Isiah drafts a franchise player this year he will stay...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Howard Stern
Head Coach
And1: 0

If Isiah drafts a franchise player this year he will stay... 

Post#1 » by Howard Stern » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:36 pm

For a while.

What are your thoughts on this? Would rather not get a top 5 pick and have Isiah be fired? Or have Isiah draft a franchise player and have him stay for a while?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#2 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 pm

I'd rather not get the Top 5 pick and have Isiah fired. I have no faith in Isiah turning this franchise around. He has no idea how to build a team, he has no consistent vision.

Getting the #6 pick is a nice tradeoff for getting rid of Isiah.
DDV
General Manager

Post#3 » by DDV » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:46 pm

were not gonna know for a few years if the guy we draft is a franhcise player

dolan knows nothing about basketball so he denfietely wouldnt know..

the idea that dolan will keep him or nto based on who he drafts is wrong..
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#4 » by Huey Freeman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:01 pm

So far IMHO haven't seen any TRUE Franchise players in this draft...YET. And I have seen just about everyone of sinificance play this year. I DO see a lot of VERY good pieces, but NO Franchise players. :wavefinger:
Revolution starts in the mind...
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#5 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:14 pm

I agree that there is no one in this draft that seems to be a franchise player

There are some very good players however, but no franchise talents
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,274

Post#6 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:26 pm

Does anyone really want to keep Isiah that long to find out?

oh, yeah...Dolan

But we have had awhile since our last proclaimed franchise player. There was Marbury, then Curry, Frye was touted as an untouchable great young player...so we are due for some more hype

I'm sure whoever we draft will be endlessy hyped on these boards.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#7 » by musiqsoulchild » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:32 pm

I think the basic premise on this board in such threads is that Isiah's position as GM is insecure.

It is not.

I made peace with this after the extenson last season. Thats why for goood or for bad, NY, this is your GM for the next few years.

We can only hope for one of his trades to really hit off. This is why Cos and I were saying after the Z-Bo trade, that IT should just go for the home run swing and get Artest also.
For love, not money.
Howard Stern
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Howard Stern » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:So far IMHO haven't seen any TRUE Franchise players in this draft...YET. And I have seen just about everyone of sinificance play this year. I DO see a lot of VERY good pieces, but NO Franchise players. :wavefinger:

Come on a lot of people din't know Bosh or Wade would be Franchise players either yet now they are.
DDV
General Manager

Post#9 » by DDV » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:26 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:I think the basic premise on this board in such threads is that Isiah's position as GM is insecure.

It is not.

I made peace with this after the extenson last season. Thats why for goood or for bad, NY, this is your GM for the next few years.

We can only hope for one of his trades to really hit off. This is why Cos and I were saying after the Z-Bo trade, that IT should just go for the home run swing and get Artest also.

as dumb as dolan is if we win 20 soemthing games tihs year i think theres at least a chance isiah gets fired in the fofseason..
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#10 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Isiah will not get canned & I have been saying this for some time. Dolan is a man of certain principles & they are as follows

1. Make money
2. Make money
3. Stay loyal

Nowhere in that list does the sentence "Win as many games as possible & compete for a championship." appear. Dolan doesn't care about the W/L column.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Huey Freeman
General Manager

Post#11 » by Huey Freeman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:35 pm

Howard Stern wrote:Come on a lot of people didn't know Bosh or Wade would be Franchise players either yet now they are.

Exactly, you don't know. How many times does that happen? More not than so. I can name players that were just as bally-hooed as these current guys and they do not amount to anything near a franchise. The list is too long to scribe. :lol:

Also, I guess you didn't see my "yet" in my post. That doesn't mean that I won't change my mind by draft time. For the record, I think Rose needs another year at Memphis; it would serve him well. Now if his teanm wins a championship then he HAS TO come out because he will probably be the #1 pick. :D

Btw, I actually thought DWade would be a special player in the league. I actually had him ranked behind LeBron and Carmelo because I never actually seen Darko play. :wink:
DDV
General Manager

Post#12 » by DDV » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:40 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:Isiah will not get canned & I have been saying this for some time. Dolan is a man of certain principles & they are as follows

1. Make money
2. Make money
3. Stay loyal

Nowhere in that list does the sentence "Win as many games as possible & compete for a championship." appear. Dolan doesn't care about the W/L column.

he made money under layden as well hell always make money with the knicks and the garden as a whole..
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#13 » by Daaaarryyl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:30 am

Huey Freeman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly, you don't know. How many times does that happen? More not than so. I can name players that were just as bally-hooed as these current guys and they do not amount to anything near a franchise. The list is too long to scribe. :lol:

Exactly.

I vividly remember the 1996 draft and how many thought it was one of the weakest drafts of that time. Of course shortly after it was viewed as a spectacular draft and today is considered to be one of the top 2-3 drafts in NBA history.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#14 » by VinnyTheMick » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:32 am

DDV wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

he made money under layden as well hell always make money with the knicks and the garden as a whole..

I think the difference here is that he & Isiah have a weird, deep loyalty to one another.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Huey Freeman
General Manager

Post#15 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:55 am

Daaaarryyl wrote:I vividly remember the 1996 draft and how many thought it was one of the weakest drafts of that time. Of course shortly after it was viewed as a spectacular draft and today is considered to be one of the top 2-3 drafts in NBA history.

I hope that's the case this year, since you know, we will have a high draft pick. :nod:
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#16 » by Daaaarryyl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure Ben Wallace was in that '96 draft class and was not selected.....

Hey at least we ended up with John Wallace, Dontae Jones and Walter McCarty :noway:

Return to New York Knicks