ImageImageImageImageImage

WIRETAP: Source: Isiah Only Likes Three Players

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#21 » by Fury » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:27 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You do know that Isiah is the GM that acquired the big contract veterans, right?

That doesn't mean he is forced to like them forever and ever. Nate, Crawford, and Lee are the only ones who play like they care. And Balkman too but Isiah doesn't like Balkman.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#22 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:29 pm

BILLY SIMON wrote:This confirms that Balkman, Chandler, Micky Collins (forgot his name) Morris and the rest of the rookies are garbage. why do you waste your time talking about them is beyond me. if SEAN MAY was on the Knicks, everybody would be eating bananas off his anus by the sound of things

No it means, Isiah Thomas is garbage. That's all that means. He also mean BernardKing doesn't want to show his screenname when the reality about Curry's suckage comes shinning through.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#23 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Fury wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That doesn't mean he is forced to like them forever and ever. Nate, Crawford, and Lee are the only ones who play like they care. And Balkman too but Isiah doesn't like Balkman.

And whose fault is it that only 3-4 guys on our roster play like they care? Do you see this problem on any other team in the league? Do you think we may have had an inkling about the heart and character of these players even before we acquired them? And is it any surprise how morale is low given how poorly we constructed and just how bad we are? Your honor, I rest my case!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,254

Post#24 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:33 pm

:rofl:

So why did he bench Nate during that stretch?

And why did he aquire Zach if he likes Lee so much?

Did it really take him 3 years to figure these things out? Did he actually ever watch film of Zach Randolph to know what type of player he is?

Nothing about this team makes sense. There's no logic.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
AirPaden
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#25 » by AirPaden » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:33 pm

viceroy wrote:some of you are really delusional :/ maybe they are they are isiah's favourites because they are the only ones playing like they give a $hit. no wonder a coach is going to like players that are actually doing what they are paid to be doing. unlike lardass and randolph the only brightspot in last night game was toward the end, where nate crawford balkman and lee were fighting back. all the big contract veteran players do nothing but sink the knicks into a deep hole every time. i would cut my losses now and develop the young core of guys now, who actually look good when given playing time.

You are 100% correct. Perhaps these are the only players who actually respect Isiah. Zeke is a laid back person. Some of the players probably take advantage of his laid back qualities.

Yes Zeke brought all these players here, but he did not realize that that some of them were not committed to winning. I can't speculate because I am not in the locker room. But I guess he singled out Lee, Nate, and Crawford due to their effort level. As for the other players, they stabbed Zeke in the back.

Earn your damn money and start playing hard on every play.
If you think you can you can, Get It Done!
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#26 » by GuyverADL » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:44 pm

If Thomas got rid of the dissension in the locker he would fine.

Players on that list are:

Randolph
Richardson
Rose
Marbury

You get rid of these guys who are in the ears of the young guys and Thomas has control of the locker room again.

Im praying Thomas does

Randolph and Richardson

for

Hughes and Gooden

Next year we would have Marbury, Rose, and Gooden as expirings
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,916

Post#27 » by god shammgod » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:06 pm

TKF wrote:I find it funny when i said, jamal, nate and lee are the only guys I would keep and people jumped all over jamal... LOL

because you can't have jamal as you number 1 scoring option and be successful. we've seen it here and it hasn't worked.
if you could limit his outside shot attempts and force him to take it the hole more he'd be a much better player. but he had 6 turnovers yesterday and bricked a ton of 3's. he was as responsible as anyone for our bad play yesterday. his good guy personality lets him get away with a lot of things other players can't.
my thing is if lee & nate are isiah's favorites, why the **** aren't they starting over zach & q ?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#28 » by cmaff051 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:13 pm

god shammgod wrote: his good guy personality lets him get away with a lot of things other players can't.

I agree.. Crawford is a nice guy, and that distracts many people from discussing his faults. As you implied, Crawford's game requires that he needs to have the ball in his hands at all times, and that would require him in essence to be the #1 scoring option on this team and we have all seen through the last 4 years he's been here that doesn't work. He's coachable, he's humble, but he's not a player who I think could be part of a winning Knicks team.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#29 » by Slimpack » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:13 pm

AirPaden wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You are 100% correct. Perhaps these are the only players who actually respect Isiah. Zeke is a laid back person. Some of the players probably take advantage of his laid back qualities.

Yes Zeke brought all these players here, but he did not realize that that some of them were not committed to winning. I can't speculate because I am not in the locker room. But I guess he singled out Lee, Nate, and Crawford due to their effort level. As for the other players, they stabbed Zeke in the back.

Earn your damn money and start playing hard on every play.

Isiah doesn't know if any player he brings in is committed to winning or not, this naturally makes him one of the worse executives in the league since the average GM does know beforehand.
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Supreme Commander » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Post deleted.
StutterStep wrote:paragraph breaks
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#31 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Revolution starts in the mind...
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#32 » by knicks742 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Supreme Commander wrote:Didn't Larry Brown get fired for wanting to trade away Isiah's players with no work ethic?

How this thread could go five pages and no one mentioning this is beyond me... oh, that's right.... this is the converted nutrider forum.

I guess classes haven't started yet.

:-?
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Supreme Commander » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:17 pm

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess classes haven't started yet.

:-?

Monday :D

I'm less angry now that I realized its three pages and not five
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#34 » by VinnyTheMick » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Supreme Commander wrote:Didn't Larry Brown get fired for wanting to trade away Isiah's players with no work ethic?

How this thread could go five pages and no one mentioning this is beyond me... oh, that's right.... this is the converted nutrider forum.

Maybe because people are sick of hearing about Larry Brown?

Seriously though, its a valid point. Isiah has an eye for talent but not for heart. He can get you talented players but the players simply cannot grasp the idea of team basketball & are allergic to improving their weaknesses.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by knicks742 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Supreme Commander wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Monday :D

and yes Larry brown was right.

he is still an **** and Im glad we got rid of him though.

Go Clinton!!!
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Supreme Commander » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:20 pm

and yes Larry brown was right.

he is still an **** and Im glad we got rid of him though.

Go Clinton!!!

I think he's a **** piece of **** too, but Isiah claiming he has suspect players to get him more time... when that's the same thing Isiah essentially got LB fired for. God, Isiah is such a conniving con artist.

And go Obama!! :o

VinnyTheMick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe because people are sick of hearing about Larry Brown?

Seriously though, its a valid point. Isiah has an eye for talent but not for heart. He can get you talented players but the players simply cannot grasp the idea of team basketball & are allergic to improving their weaknesses.

Yep... Isiah still hasn't mastered that GMing isn't a talent acquisition business, but it's a team building exercise. HUGE difference. The latter is more important and may use some of the former to accomplish this end.
mcmasterballer
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#37 » by mcmasterballer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:23 pm

im surprised with the selection of crawford as the third player because number one i think balkman is more valuable.... he is a player id rather have just because it looks like he plays a lot harder when on the floor and i think hes one of the few guys on the knicks with some potential and positive trade value
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by knicks742 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Supreme Commander wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think he's a **** piece of **** too, but Isiah claiming he has suspect players to get him more time... when that's the same thing Isiah essentially got LB fired for. God, Isiah is such a conniving con artist.

And go Obama!! :o

You and Vinny are disappointing me with your presidential choices. that makes me :cry:
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Supreme Commander » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:29 pm

You and Vinny are disappointing me with your presidential choices. that makes me :cry:

I see Obama as the exact opposite of the current administration... even though the parties are switched, I see a ot of similarities between Carter to Reagan and Bush to Obama.

I think the most change will take place with Obama. I also feel that the country is in need of some serious change. I like that he's been honest about cocaine use, I like that he's earned his place in the world, I like that he's actually smart, and I like that he hasn't been corrupted by politics yet and was a civil advocacy lawyer. He's the exact opposite of Bush, and that would mean a lot in the international arena.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#40 » by VinnyTheMick » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Hillary makes me puke.

Puking is worse than crying. Puking hurts.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein

Return to New York Knicks