ImageImageImageImageImage

Here are the official GM candidates!! via NY Post/Daily News

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who will be the future GM of the Knicks

Jerry Colangelo
36%
Donnie Walsh
7%
Jerry West
36%
Greg Anthony
4%
Glen Grunwald
7%
Rick Sund
No votes
Other
11%

Total votes: 28

NY2DR
Sophomore
And1: 0

Here are the official GM candidates!! via NY Post/Daily News 

Post#1 » by NY2DR » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:50 pm

So it looks like we are finally heading towards firing Isiah.

State who do you want for GM and who do you think will end up with the position.

My #1 choice would be Jerry West because of all the connections he has. I'm pretty sure through his relationships he can even get someone to take James of our hands. Thats how highly regard he is with his peers.

My heart says Jerry but my head says that history repeats itself and Dolan will shy away from the big 3. So i believe we will end up with Greg Anthony since he has good ties to Jimmy D and wont require all the power since Dolan loves to intervene.
nykman
Starter

Post#2 » by nykman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Gerg Anthony?

Have you heard this man speak?

He has absolutely no qualifications to be a GM.....

I'm not saying what he says is wrong..........but he's never said a single original idea ever..........he's always just stating the obvious..........to remind us all what the status quo is........while another guy says something original...
Clark_Kent411
Banned User

Post#3 » by Clark_Kent411 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:01 pm

I would pick Jerry Colangelo. Look at the guys track record compared to the rest. He built the suns from the ground up and look at where they are at now. If anyone can change this organization it's got to be J.C.

Unfortunately though, Jimmy D is probably going to hire Chris Mullins in the end.
HeyJimmy
Banned User

Re: Here are the official GM candidates!! via NY Post/Daily 

Post#4 » by HeyJimmy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Villlalona wrote:

My heart says Jerry but my head says that history repeats itself and Dolan will shy away from the big 3. So i believe we will end up with Greg Anthony since he has good ties to Jimmy D and wont require all the power since Dolan loves to intervene.

So your telling us our "reward" for watching 7 years of terrible basketball is Greg Anthony? Golly gee whiz, where do we sign up for this? :roll:
NY2DR
Sophomore

Post#5 » by NY2DR » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:12 pm

nykman wrote:Gerg Anthony?

Have you heard this man speak?

He has absolutely no qualifications to be a GM.....

I'm not saying what he says is wrong..........but he's never said a single original idea ever..........he's always just stating the obvious..........to remind us all what the status quo is........while another guy says something original...

Exactly my point. Doesn't that have the make of the typical Dolan move?
maddbaron
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#6 » by maddbaron » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:10 pm

i'd stop watching nba basketball if greg anthony became the gm. he was discussing the knicks on espn 2 weeks ago and is a quick fix kinda guy the 1st move he'd make would be like the celts and try to land a star and build from there rather than build thru the draft then get a star

no to greg anthony

no to everyone on that list they r all names, grunwald is zeke's friend so he's quit...

Tony Ronzone is the answer.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#7 » by fimslim3 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:16 pm

I really want the Raptors assistant GM, keep forgetting his name.
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#8 » by king_k4life » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Kenny The Jet
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 792

Post#9 » by KOA » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Considering the Knicks will have a high draft pick, they need Jerry West. He is the best scout amongst the GMs listed. Colangelo would probably trade the pick for some European player.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#10 » by GONYK » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Jerry West hates NY. He's said that numerous times over the years. I can't discount it just because hoopsworld and Frank Isola decides to pull his name out of their ass.

Walsh isn't coming here. Why would he?

Greg Anthony can't really be considered, can he? That would be (Please Use More Appropriate Word).

Rick Sund? Has done nothing impressive really. I don't trust him to fix anything.

That leaves Colangelo. Colangelo would be the ideal. I don't know how much of a chance we actually have with him though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,435

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:56 pm

I don't know that he's take it, but I would love to see Hubie Brown on that list. There aren't too many basketball minds more knowledgeable than his. But as long as it's either Colangelo, West or him, I'll be satisfied.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#12 » by Slimpack » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Maurizio Gherardini......

I don't understand why people keep saying that Greg Anthony would be a good GM. I'm still waiting for him to say something on espn that makes me agree with that. Anyway out of those candidates I would say Sund is most likely.
DaBombBay
Ballboy

Post#13 » by DaBombBay » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Forget you people, cutting and running when the going gets tough. We made a commitment to Zeke. This is not even a fair poll. I clicked other.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#14 » by fimslim3 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Slimpack wrote:Maurizio Gherardini......

YES!

Return to New York Knicks