ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ice Cube - Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

OT: Ice Cube - Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It 

Post#1 » by Big C » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:00 pm

http://realknicks.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=27

What's your thoughts on this video by Cube?
DesignStudio
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by DesignStudio » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Cool video but about 10 years late, "gangsta" rap isn't the same as it was.

Nobody is blaming gangsta rap for Mainstream America's problem but the problems in black community.

Plus Ice Cube got a nerve calling people out about commenting on him cause in the early days when he was doing burn hollywood burn and he was one the the first one's to run and do movies like are we there yet and even Common called him out... :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8CAxyJpV9U

:rofl: If people can't see the difference then I dunno.
Big C
RealGM

Post#3 » by Big C » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:35 pm

DesignStudio wrote:Cool video but about 10 years late, "gangsta" rap isn't the same as it was.

Nobody is blaming gangsta rap for Mainstream America's problem but the problems in black community.

Plus Ice Cube got a nerve calling people out about commenting on him cause in the early days when he was doing burn hollywood burn and he was one the the first one's to run and do movies like are we there yet and even Common called him out... :rofl:

Good points. I do think that the video is a little late. I think Cube thinks that people are blaming Gangster Rap (whatever that is these days) He needs also stop making these Friday movies. Oh and :rofl: Hammer is coming back. lol He has a dance project coming back out.

The song that common made dissing Cube is The b In Yoo (Ice Cube Diss). That was one of the best diss tracks I ever heard.
Here it is scroll down it should be like the 8th video down
http://realknicks.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=27
Moochie25
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Moochie25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:47 pm

i found it funny that isiah was in it

and was the teacher telling the truth when he said they tore down country clubs in compton when gangsta rap was invented?
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#5 » by ElMatatan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:58 pm

yeah, I saw this video like a week a go and pretty interesting.....its funny cause the video is a lil out of date...he should have just renamed it "Rap Made me do it".......who actually does gangsta rap now a days?
NY State of Mind
HellsKitchen
Head Coach

Post#6 » by HellsKitchen » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:59 pm

That's some racist sh-t right there. Even refers to white people as devils. I can't believe any dumb-ass white people support this guy's crappy movies and music.
We're truly living in Bizarro World.
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#7 » by ElMatatan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:03 pm

DesignStudio wrote:Cool video but about 10 years late, "gangsta" rap isn't the same as it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnO0IwzVmvs

Nuff Said.
NY State of Mind
Big C
RealGM

Post#8 » by Big C » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:08 pm

HellsKitchen wrote:That's some racist sh-t right there. Even refers to white people as devils. I can't believe any dumb-ass white people support this guy's crappy movies and music.
We're truly living in Bizarro World.

I didn't hear him use the word devils in the new song. But I will check again.

I think he even was on the late show recently talking about his song and movie. It might be like Charles Barkley. Where he feels he can say anything about anybody. He is guy looking for attention. This might be one of the main reason Common attacked him back in the days. Or he thinks rap is not the reason why people are behaving the way they are now.
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#9 » by ElMatatan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:11 pm

So do you guys really think that Gangsta Rap made Isiah sexual harrass Anucha.....and if it did what song did you guys think motivated Isiah?

My Guess is this one...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ic7KH1PpbMY
NY State of Mind
Big C
RealGM

Post#10 » by Big C » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:16 pm

ElMatatan wrote:So do you guys really think that Gangsta Rap made Isiah sexual harrass Anucha.....and if it did what song did you guys think motivated Isiah?

My Guess is this one...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ic7KH1PpbMY

I'm pretty sure Isiah has did in his Ipod.
HellsKitchen
Head Coach

Post#11 » by HellsKitchen » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Big C wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I didn't hear him use the word devils in the knew song. But I will check again.

I think he even was on the late show recently talking about his song and movie. It might be like Charles Barkley. Where he feels he can say anything about anybody. He is guy looking for attention. This might be one of the main reason Common attacked him back in the days.

In the first verse of the song, he's making fun of the black guy living in the suburbs and says "trying to be a devil."
I turned it off soon after that, the white caricatures were offensive, and if the races were reversed, this video would be considered a hate crime.

He's just pissed cuz nobody thinks he's hard anymore after he's made a bunch of puerile family movies. It's actually a little sad to see.
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#12 » by ElMatatan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:25 pm

BIG C is that your website realknicks.com???

btw, since I see you are really familiar with old school hiphop video....btw, do you remenber a video that came out like in 1997-98...that the chorus used to go something like "Take your time slow down" and in the beginning of the video there was a guy that got shot at night in the park and it was like this group of guys rapping and there was this girl doing the chorus...the video came out like in 96,97,98 around those years...
NY State of Mind
Big C
RealGM

Post#13 » by Big C » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 pm

HellsKitchen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In the first verse of the song, he's making fun of the black guy living in the suburbs and says "trying to be a devil."
I turned it off soon after that, the white caricatures were offensive, and if the races were reversed, this video would be considered a hate crime.

Did you listen to the link I gave? The song I am talking about is gangster rap made me do it. What song are you referring to? There is no black guy in the video moving to the suburbs that I'm talking about. In the link the video I'm talking about has Isiah, Vick, Bush, and a bunch of other people. It starts in a classroom.

He's just pissed cuz nobody thinks he's hard anymore after he's made a bunch of puerile family movies. It's actually a little sad to see

:rofl: That is Ice situation right now. Also when N.W.A came out with straight out of Compton Easy-E was in college.
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#14 » by ElMatatan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 pm

HellsKitchen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's just pissed cuz nobody thinks he's hard anymore after he's made a bunch of puerile family movies. It's actually a little sad to see.

I guess you would appreciate this song more....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pKUrQMYMv04
NY State of Mind
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#15 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:00 pm

:rofl: That is Ice situation right now. Also when N.W.A came out with straight out of Compton Easy-E was in college.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nwa is some fake shyt
HellsKitchen
Head Coach

Post#16 » by HellsKitchen » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Yeah you're right, I hit the wrong link. I saw a quote in your second post from that ass-clown designstudio (who i have on ignore) and I hit the link in that one by mistake. I thought Ice Cube looked kinda young, lol.

The video you posted does seem sort of after-the-fact. Gangster rap isn't really the buzzword it once was.

Plus, Cube rhyming chivalry with delivery. *gag*

Boring vanity project for a has-been.
Big C
RealGM

Post#17 » by Big C » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:23 pm

Moochie25 wrote:i found it funny that isiah was in it

and was the teacher telling the truth when he said they tore down country clubs in compton when gangsta rap was invented?

Cube getting at Isiah. Gangster rap made Isiah do it. :rofl:
DesignStudio
Banned User

Post#18 » by DesignStudio » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:29 pm

ElMatatan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess you would appreciate this song more....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pKUrQMYMv04

:rofl:

I can't believe you posted that.
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#19 » by king_k4life » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nwa is some fake shyt

They can't be upset with society and in college ?

Thugs can't go to college and try to make something better of the predicament they are in now ?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#20 » by TheBluest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:08 pm

What a mockery Ice Cube is.

Ice Cube is LIVING SIDEWAYS entertainment. His movies and Rap just don't make a good mix any way you look at it.

Big C is the biggest promoter on this forum of an Art that needs to die. Rap needs to cease for a good 2yrs straight. The Art is lost. Someone like Big C and many others including myself could do more good, kinda of like us Knick fans and stop promoting and financially supporting a product where the overall quality is bad or at an All-Time low and force a change of culture.

The selfishness in fans whether it be rap or Knicks basketball is what perpetuates this vicious spiral of a downward trend. Fans feel they give up a battle or lose by not supporting a form of culture that many claim is theirs. This is a perfect example of being institutionalized. You may have a couple exceptions to the rule worth keeping it alive such as Lupe, Common, Mos Def, Talib etc etc but the industry they represent is a FARCE. If somehow there could be another category of Genre or a redifining of what Hip-Hop is or what it should be. It gets all this credit for being ever changing but it really isn't.

It's about Competing by glorifying negative lifestyles and communities while possibly establishing trends along the way. Whether they be good or bad for the Commercial Industry to capitalize on. You have a small handful which speaks or promotes a conscience.

Turn off your local Hip-Hop/Rap radio stations, stop buying the albums, going to concerts, uploading videos-audio files and linking to websites of new work until the industry changes.

Return to New York Knicks