ImageImageImageImageImage

O/T: Stuff

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#21 » by Jemini80 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 am

unless you are becoming a cardio or neuro surgeon you won't be making much anymore, especially regular doctors. Doctors max out at like 250,000 and that doesn't even factor in the insurance you need, surgeons get screwed even worse by insurance.

I was pre-med and then switched at the last second to finance because i decided it isn't my responsibility to help fat people who decided to eat fast and fried food their whole life.

oh btw, my college >>> than everyone's unless someone on here went to Harvard, Princeton, Stanford or Wharton.

but yea, for bang for your buck, Baruch is nice, luckily i didn't have to pay for my college because of scholarships and parents.

i don't want to be a dick either, but the health field is not as prosperous as it once was, except for physical therapy, that is going to hit a boom considering in the next couple of years you will be able to go to one without a rec. from a doctor.

but the power of God is totally worth it.
Vdizle
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Vdizle » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:57 am

livintoolive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sorry, I transferred out. However, taking Math classes at Baruch is far from desirable. I took Calculus 1 there. I got an A because the professor liked me. However, he was not too good of a teacher.

I do enjoy the fact that every class is very business-centric. Even in calculus, we always reviews potential business applications of everything we learned.

ah I see. What school you go to now?
ITGM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
The Only reason Donnie and Mike D took the job is because Stern promised them a top 2 pick. Stern Screwed them both...F U STERN!!!
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by fimslim3 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:59 am

livintoolive wrote:I love your quick response rate.

More importantly though, I'd love to know why you want to pursue medicine. This is not meant as interrogation, I'm just very curious. I'll explain why after receiving your answer, as my reasoning may skew your answer.

Thanks. :)
Why I'm in medicine, ask my parents. Why I pursued medicine, ask my wife.

And I plan on going into surgery, don't know which one yet. And Jemini, where did you go?
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#24 » by Jemini80 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:11 am

WUSTL

i probably should have stayed in pre-med because going undergrad pre-med from there basically automatically means at worse you will get into NorthWestern's medical school, but I just didn't really have my heart in it, I only really wanted to do it so i could be in charge of whether someone lives or dies.

if you have a degree in medicine and business you might want to look at the Pharm industry if you find that field medicine isn't for you. Don't go into sales though that is a dying sector of Big Pharm.

my advice is do not become a pediatrician, obstetrician, gyno, sports medicine.

Especially don't go for Anesthesiology, don't believe the BS about them beingthe highest paid position in the US, they don't factor in the crazy amount of insurance you need for your malpractice, and if you mess up once your career is over unlike a surgeon where if you kill people **** happens and nothing really happens to you.

Someone in my town paralyzed a child by messing up the drug intake and lost a 25 million dollar law suit and is still paying off the settlement even though that was 15 years ago.

oh, you might not want to target heart surgery because the heart is what Big Pharm is concentrating on so there is a good chance through medicine cardio surgeons could get screwed out of a job.

if you are interested in neuro i know of a surgeon in Florida who has developed the most noninvasive neuro surgery known to man, and is alwyas willing to have people serve a fellowship there so they can learn it. Basically if you get that position you are guaranteed a multi-million dollar salary when you leave.
Vdizle
Senior
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Vdizle » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:18 am

Jemini80 wrote:WUSTL

i probably should have stayed in pre-med because going undergrad pre-med from there basically automatically means at worse you will get into NorthWestern's medical school, but I just didn't really have my heart in it, I only really wanted to do it so i could be in charge of whether someone lives or dies.

if you have a degree in medicine and business you might want to look at the Pharm industry if you find that field medicine isn't for you. Don't go into sales though that is a dying sector of Big Pharm.

my advice is do not become a pediatrician, obstetrician, gyno, sports medicine.

Especially don't go for Anesthesiology, don't believe the BS about them beingthe highest paid position in the US, they don't factor in the crazy amount of insurance you need for your malpractice, and if you mess up once your career is over unlike a surgeon where if you kill people **** happens and nothing really happens to you.

Someone in my town paralyzed a child by messing up the drug intake and lost a 25 million dollar law suit and is still paying off the settlement even though that was 15 years ago.

oh, you might not want to target heart surgery because the heart is what Big Pharm is concentrating on so there is a good chance through medicine cardio surgeons could get screwed out of a job.

if you are interested in neuro i know of a surgeon in Florida who has developed the most noninvasive neuro surgery known to man, and is alwyas willing to have people serve a fellowship there so they can learn it. Basically if you get that position you are guaranteed a multi-million dollar salary when you leave.

Interesting post.
ITGM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
The Only reason Donnie and Mike D took the job is because Stern promised them a top 2 pick. Stern Screwed them both...F U STERN!!!
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#26 » by fimslim3 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:19 am

Not doing neuro, most likely cardio.
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#27 » by Jemini80 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:21 am

if you don't have any morals or ethics, I would suggest plastic surgery. If you can handle the sad pathetic people who need plastic surgery to improve their pathetic self-esteem, then you can be very profitable, especially since you have a business background so you can set up your own practice after some years.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#28 » by fimslim3 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:25 am

I hate people that do plastics, no offense. I have zero respect for them.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#29 » by livintoolive » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:27 am

Jemini80 wrote:if you don't have any morals or ethics, I would suggest plastic surgery. If you can handle the sad pathetic people who need plastic surgery to improve their pathetic self-esteem, then you can be very profitable, especially since you have a business background so you can set up your own practice after some years.

WUSTL is a good school, but there are schools better than it aside from Harvard, Princeton, Stanford or Wharton.
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#30 » by Jemini80 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:27 am

same way i feel
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#31 » by livintoolive » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:44 am

Jemini80 wrote:same way i feel

You feel the same way as my disagreement with your original post?

Return to New York Knicks