ImageImageImageImageImage

Now's got to be the time to get Noah!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#41 » by GuyverADL » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:35 pm

I would grab Noah and take on Ben Wallace's monstrous contract to rid ourselves of Randolph.

My reasoning is this guys knee is a ticking time bomb. He already cant jump.

The benefit is you always have someone that can play next to Curry for the time being.

I'd play Curry next to Wallace exclusively to start games.

It depends on what chicago is trying to do this year
DaBombBay
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Now's got to be the time to get Noah!! 

Post#42 » by DaBombBay » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:39 pm

midtown wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Randolph , Malik , Jones for Wallace & Noah

Noah is a true New Yorker. He woyld make a great KNick. Wallace might thrive in NY and just be there to block shots and rebound. Scoring to be left to Curry.

^^^^^^
Done and done.

Noah is a true New Yorker and fan favorite, while Wallace would be a great lockerroom leader. Both him and Curry would be the best frontline in the East, HANDS DOWN. Meanwhile, Chicago gets an extraordinare blackhole scorer on one of the fattest contracts, plus cap relief and Malik's contract as well. They'd have to be pumped, getting Randolph, a 24 / 10 PF who is a blackhole, uncoachable, and on one of the worst contracts in the league. AND they get capspace, plus Malik's contract. Shoot, call John Paxson right now Isiah, this deal is going through! Keep these ideas-- these great ideas-- coming. Maybe we can swap Curry for Duncan after this, using the contracts of David Lee and Nate Robinson as bait. We could offer them cap relief, as well as the contracts of Jared Jeffries and Jerome James.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#43 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Just chiming in guys.

Noah I believe would be great in NY. The whole Chicago situation irriates me because the coaching staff refuses to play the young guys. It sort of feels like what Larry Brown did with David Lee and Nate as rookies. Not matter what he insisted on playing Maurice and Rose - even though they sucked. Noah is so much better than Ben Wallace, its not even funny. He has never even played more than 23 mins in a game. And Noahs PER if you follow that I believe is number 1 of all rookies. So Noah is quite a baller. I just wished they would free him.
The Cult of Personality
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#44 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:51 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Just chiming in guys.

Noah I believe would be great in NY. The whole Chicago situation irriates me because the coaching staff refuses to play the young guys. It sort of feels like what Larry Brown did with David Lee and Nate as rookies. Not matter what he insisted on playing Maurice and Rose - even though they sucked. Noah is so much better than Ben Wallace, its not even funny. He has never even played more than 23 mins in a game. And Noahs PER if you follow that I believe is number 1 of all rookies. So Noah is quite a baller. I just wished they would free him.

Paxson said that if things don't turn around then we'll see a lot of the young guys, to the tune of 30+ minutes a night. Who knows then that point will come, but if things continue the way they are right now for the Bulls, it can't be too far away.

That said, there's no way the Knicks would get Noah for anything that doesn't involve their first round pick this year in some capacity. We just spent the 9th overall pick on him and have him pegged as our long-term center. When he's got some good PT, he's been nothing short of great considering he's a rookie. Cliff Levingston can't see Paxson taking on a player he hates (rightfully so) in Randolph let alone including Noah to do so.
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#45 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 pm

I don't understand what happend. I mean something serious may have happend in order for the "whole team" to want to have Noah sat. Think about it. The only thing the team let out was that he disrespected an Assistant coach, or something to that effect, but I doubt just one incident like that may have warranted such a result from the whole team.

I understand all the good things you guys have pointed out about him and his play, and even if this issue was a lot bigger than reported, I wouldn't want to dismiss the notion that the kid would be good here with our group, but, do you think the Bulls would trade him and Wallace for some of our crap? ... after all the bad vibes from our previous trades? ...

I don't know if it is just me, but I'd look deeper into what actually happend before I start jumping on the Joakim Noah to NY bandwagon so soon. The last thing we need is another entitled, basketcase on our hands, albeit a young one, with a small contract. Our roster is disfunctional as it is already.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#46 » by truth serum » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 pm

The people who think we should get Ben Wallace are crazy.

The people who think we already have players like Noah on this team are even crazier.

Noah is similar to Balkman, yes, but he's also 7 feet tall and can play center. He also plays defense and tries hard every minute he's on the floor. Am I missing something? Do we really already have that? We have a hard working, shot blocking center on this team already?

Some people obviously don't follow this league as much as they pretend to. I would take Noah in a second. Not for this year's first rounder though. The Bulls fans suggesting that are just as crazy.
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach

Post#47 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Yeah, but I'm saying, some of these posters that are campaining for Noah to come here are the same ones that are against a Ron Artest coming here. Now, I'm not putting Joakim on Ronnie's level, but man, how big of a blowup was it? What happend for the whole team to "survivor" him out of a game? As bad as they are doing? Really?

Cliff Levingston
RealGM

Post#48 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:Yeah, but I'm saying, some of these posters that are campaining for Noah to come here are the same ones that are against a Ron Artest coming here. Now, I'm not putting Joakim on Ronnie's level, but man, how big of a blowup was it? What happend for the whole team to "survivor" him out of a game? As bad as they are doing? Really?

It'll join Tyrus' "free money" comments as something that is soon forgotten.
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach

Post#49 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:28 pm

So then it wasn't that serious? The Bulls players overreacted, and sat the kid down to teach him a lesson. So that he learns his place in the food chain...?

Cliff Levingston
RealGM

Post#50 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:So then it wasn't that serious? The Bulls players overreacted, and sat the kid down to teach him a lesson. So that he learns his place in the food chain...?

Cliff Levingston wouldn't call it an overreaction, but that's basically correct.

Frankly, Cliff Levingston wouldn't blame any of the Bulls players for having a blow up right now. You can't attack your coaches no matter what, but they are so horribly mis-using their talent right now; players are smart enough to see that.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,630

Post#51 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Ballito wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with you, but you make it sound like Lee is great offensively. He rebounds good, but always misses easy ass dunks

How did I make it sound like Lee is great offensively? I said he's better than Noah on offense, which is true. Amazing what a person can extrapolate from "he may not be as good as Lee on offense" and make it sound like I said "Lee is an offensive juggernaut!"
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,630

Post#52 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:26 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Just chiming in guys.

We still have that problem this season. Our Ben Wallace is Quentin Richardson. Only good for rebounds.

I've wanted Noah way way way before the draft. I've said it for awhile now on this board. He'd be a great addition. But hell no, I wouldn't give up a pick to get him.
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#53 » by XcalibuR » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:51 pm

I doubt they'd take Randolph, but perhaps they would like Marbury's contract + Balkman/Lee for Big Ben and Noah.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM

Post#54 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 pm

XcalibuR wrote:I doubt they'd take Randolph, but perhaps they would like Marbury's contract + Balkman/Lee for Big Ben and Noah.

Maybe Lee, not Balkman. Renaldo would be 3rd on the SF depth chart while Lee would join the log jam at the 4.

Cliff Levingston cannot see Paxson using Noah as incentive to dump Wallace. He can see Noah being included in a deal for a star though.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#55 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:I don't understand what happend. I mean something serious may have happend in order for the "whole team" to want to have Noah sat. Think about it. The only thing the team let out was that he disrespected an Assistant coach, or something to that effect, but I doubt just one incident like that may have warranted such a result from the whole team.

I understand all the good things you guys have pointed out about him and his play, and even if this issue was a lot bigger than reported, I wouldn't want to dismiss the notion that the kid would be good here with our group, but, do you think the Bulls would trade him and Wallace for some of our crap? ... after all the bad vibes from our previous trades? ...

I don't know if it is just me, but I'd look deeper into what actually happend before I start jumping on the Joakim Noah to NY bandwagon so soon. The last thing we need is another entitled, basketcase on our hands, albeit a young one, with a small contract. Our roster is disfunctional as it is already.

Well we are just finding out bits and pieces but I think it was a collection of alot of things which caused the suspension. He had also been consistantly coming late to practise as well.

Everyone knew that Noah was a sort of outspoken/free spirited guy. The biggest jump/change for him, is that this isnt the college game anymore. Things he got away with in college he cant get away with in the NBA. He is going from top dawg on a NCAA Championship team to a young rookie struggling for playingtime. He will learn and I highly doubt it will be a problem.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#56 » by StutterStep » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:43 pm

I would make the OP's trade because I'm a big Noah fan and used to love Ben Wallace's game... But imagine if IT decides to give all the PF minutes to Ben/Malik while Lee/Noah never gets into the game?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#57 » by StutterStep » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:45 pm

sarah42 wrote:i wanted to add, that the bulls player have some nerve suspending him for another game, and then play like a bunch of ***** getting blown out by the hawks.

its bad enough some of them basically turned down money that they probably won't be offered again, but to help takeaway money from a rookie is pathetic.

i don't see how noah getting frustrated and yelling at a coach is any worse than the rest of the team getting their good coach fired.

has no one ever yelled at a teacher, coach etc? i don't think it warrants a suspension all the time. who wouldn't snap playing for a **** team, and thats what the bulls are this year. wooot! off my chest now. :P

SO TRUE!

But as long as the Bulls keep fking with their young big men, the better for us and the rest of the league!
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#58 » by StutterStep » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:50 pm

Howard Stern wrote:So the Knicks bring in another offensive liability? Don't the Knicks have enough with Effries?

Starters: Craw/FJones/Lee/Ben Wallace/Curry

I am not a Jefrries fan but if you give me a bench of

Mardy/Nate/Balkman/Jeffries/Noah... I am taking it... defense and hustle...

Noah is more C/PF
Jeffries: SF/PF
Balkman: SG/SF

Nate is the shooter and Mardy the orchestrator
gr3en
Rookie
And1: 18

Post#59 » by gr3en » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:13 am

Cliff Levingston wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe Lee, not Balkman. Renaldo would be 3rd on the SF depth chart while Lee would join the log jam at the 4.

Cliff Levingston cannot see Paxson using Noah as incentive to dump Wallace. He can see Noah being included in a deal for a star though.

hey cliff, have u seen the 3-way trade i proposed involving the Bulls, Grizzlies and Knicks? It's basically:

Pau Gasol(star), Wilson Chandler, Mardy Collins, Randolph Morris and Andre Brown to Chicago

Andres Nocioni, Eddy Curry, Joe Smith and Fred Jones to Memphis

Joakim Noah, Chris Duhon, Damon Stoudamire, Brian Cardinal and Adrian Griffin to Knicks

Lineups would be:

Chicago:
Wallace/Gray/Morris
Gasol/Tyrus/Brown
Deng/Khryapa/Chandler
Gordon/Thabo/
Hinrich/Collins/Curry

Memphis:
Curry/Swift
Darko/Warrick/Smith
Gay/Nocioni
Miller/Navarro/F.Jones
Conley/Lowry

NY:
Noah/James/
Randolph/Lee/Malik
Q/Balkman/Jeffries
Craword/Marbury/Griffin
Duhon/Nate/Stoudamire

Knicks could follow this up by trading Randolph to NJ for Allen, Magloire and Collins giving them a lineup of:

Noah/Mogloire/James
Lee/Collins/Malik
Balkman/Q/Jeffries
Crawford/Marbury/Griffin
Duhon/Nate/Stoudamire
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#60 » by king_k4life » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:20 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Starters: Craw/FJones/Lee/Ben Wallace/Curry

I am not a Jefrries fan but if you give me a bench of

Mardy/Nate/Balkman/Jeffries/Noah... I am taking it... defense and hustle...

Noah is more C/PF
Jeffries: SF/PF
Balkman: SG/SF

Nate is the shooter and Mardy the orchestrator

You know nothing about ball

Return to New York Knicks