ImageImageImageImageImage

IT turning down decent trades?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,267

Post#21 » by djsunyc » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:51 pm

unless he's dangling these players to dump deals and acquire shorter contracts.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,172

Post#22 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:37 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:It's a newspaper from SacTown, they think Artest for Lee is a decent trade.

Anyway you quoted the answer but didn't post the ridiculous original question that prompted the response :

Question: Has there been conjecture about an Artest/Shareef (Abdur-Rahim)/(Kenny) Thomas trade to New York for Stephon Marbury with David Lee and/or a first round pick? This would free-up $21 million after next season. It would also allow the Kings to trade Bibby to Miami for Udonis Haslem, Jason Williams and a draft pick reducing salaries by $9 million after this season. When Kevin Martin's new contract kicks-in next year, the Kings will have to pay a luxury tax. Marbury, Martin, Salmons, Haslem, Miller starting with Beno, Francisco Garcia and Mikki Moore/Lee off the bench is solid and the picks and cap room after 2008-09 facilitate a major improvement in the roster. - H Cardinal, Carmichael, Calif.

Answer: Truthfully, I don't have the time to check all your work but I like where you're going for the most part. First off, I'm wondering if everything regarding New York is on hold again. Numerous league sources have informed me that embattled Knicks coach Isiah Thomas has been turning down decent deals left and right, meanwhile driving those around him in Knicks Land batty and, according to the New York Daily News, possibly pushing owner Joe Dolan to fire him. They have been dangling Jamal Crawford in discussions, but I'm told they still won't give up David Lee. That much is bad news for the Kings, who have shown an interest in Lee in the past and would certainly want him in any Artest deal.

This is ridiculous. Artest/Shareef (Abdur-Rahim)/(Kenny) Thomas for Stephon Marbury with David Lee and/or a first round pick is one of the most (Please Use More Appropriate Word) trades I've ever seen. Garbage. What is this guy smoking ?
Isiah Thomas is dumb but even him can't be that dumb.

I think other teams GMs and fans have been so accustomed to fleece Layden and Thomas, stealing draft picks and young players away from us, they're surprised to see us turning down a trade for a former All Star player (Artest in that case).
I'm sick and tired of seing this team treated like the trash can of the NBA.

Exactly. Now I see where some the delusional Kings fans get their view of "fair" comes from. Marbury, Lee and a 1st round lottery pick for a half season rental on an unstable Ron Artest so they can pickup two deadweight contracts belonging to 2 guys they have absolutely no need for is fair and I'm freakin' Kevin Federline.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#23 » by mugzi » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Kings fans level of homerism even makes some of our delusional fans look sane.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#24 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:41 pm

This is good though. IT's sending out a message that we're not desperate for a deal. That way teams won't be calling in just to cheat us out of a trade. We have to play hardball at this point and show that we're not weak, despite our record. If teams want David Lee, better give your best assets back.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#25 » by mjhp911 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Election wrote:Its no secret IT is turning down deals, he even said it to the media,

"Its a dangerous time to make trades now, if we not careful, it can be a set back for another 3-4 years"

That to me is the message IT sent to Dolan, rather its a good thing or not, IT still believe they group can win

That's why I think it's a bad thing. It's painfully obvious this group is not the right mix. If Zeke keeps trying to shoehorn a square peg into a round hole, he's digging a deeper hole. Besides, what sources does this hick from Cowtown have? Immediately you know the report is bogus when they mention Zeke shopping JC. JC is Zeke's biggest teacher's pet now. There's no way he's going to trade him.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#26 » by PrecociousNeoph » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Has there been conjecture about an Artest/Shareef (Abdur-Rahim)/(Kenny) Thomas trade to New York for Stephon Marbury with David Lee and/or a first round pick?

EPICLOOOL.

kings are clearly in panic mode since Artest is going to walk next summer, so they are trying to bluff people into taking him for more than he's worth before he bolts.

even if artest doesn't want the MLE and goes elsewhere. guess what? Marbury will be expiring, we get to keep Lee, plus our pick. kings lose artest and get nothing in return since they seem to be insisting on (A)ignoring the fact that artest can walk this summer and (B)kenny thomas be included in the trade. pwned.
“Bye, Felicia.”
DoubtingThomas
Junior
And1: 0

Post#27 » by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:40 pm

He needs someone to offer him a bad deal before he will listen. Maybe Bibby or McGrady for our unprotected lottery pick and any contracts the Knicks have that are close to expiring. That would fit with the acquiring assets philosophy that has been in place for the last 4 years.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,649

Post#28 » by duetta » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:26 am

I don't want to give up squat for Artest - much less Lee. The Kings can go to hell.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#29 » by KnicksScholar24 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:18 am

kosmovitelli wrote:It's a newspaper from SacTown, they think Artest for Lee is a decent trade.

Anyway you quoted the answer but didn't post the ridiculous original question that prompted the response :

Question: Has there been conjecture about an Artest/Shareef (Abdur-Rahim)/(Kenny) Thomas trade to New York for Stephon Marbury with David Lee and/or a first round pick? This would free-up $21 million after next season. It would also allow the Kings to trade Bibby to Miami for Udonis Haslem, Jason Williams and a draft pick reducing salaries by $9 million after this season. When Kevin Martin's new contract kicks-in next year, the Kings will have to pay a luxury tax. Marbury, Martin, Salmons, Haslem, Miller starting with Beno, Francisco Garcia and Mikki Moore/Lee off the bench is solid and the picks and cap room after 2008-09 facilitate a major improvement in the roster. - H Cardinal, Carmichael, Calif.

Answer: Truthfully, I don't have the time to check all your work but I like where you're going for the most part. First off, I'm wondering if everything regarding New York is on hold again. Numerous league sources have informed me that embattled Knicks coach Isiah Thomas has been turning down decent deals left and right, meanwhile driving those around him in Knicks Land batty and, according to the New York Daily News, possibly pushing owner Joe Dolan to fire him. They have been dangling Jamal Crawford in discussions, but I'm told they still won't give up David Lee. That much is bad news for the Kings, who have shown an interest in Lee in the past and would certainly want him in any Artest deal.

This is ridiculous. Artest/Shareef (Abdur-Rahim)/(Kenny) Thomas for Stephon Marbury with David Lee and/or a first round pick is one of the most (Please Use More Appropriate Word) trades I've ever seen. Garbage. What is this guy smoking ?
Isiah Thomas is dumb but even him can't be that dumb.

I think other teams GMs and fans have been so accustomed to fleece Layden and Thomas, stealing draft picks and young players away from us, they're surprised to see us turning down a trade for a former All Star player (Artest in that case).
I'm sick and tired of seing this team treated like the trash can of the NBA.

I was going to post the whole question and answer segment as well. I laughed at the term "decent" trades. No GM make trades just because they it could be decent. They make trades to improve their team or cut salary.

The Kings wanted NY's best young player, probably their best overall player with a contract that turns into an expires one after the season, AND a draft pick for Artest (a free agent at the end of the year) and a bad contract (Kenny Thomas). Are they serious? How does that help NY? The Knicks are probably in the worst shape in the league?

Every GM in the league knows Isiah Thomas is a joke and doesn't know what he's doing, so when they over deals the only intension is "how this trade will help my team?" and not "what is the benefit for their team?", which needs to happen in every trade proposal.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...

Return to New York Knicks