ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you guys be upset if we go on a run?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#21 » by richardhutnik » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:07 am

It doesn't matter. I don't care either way now. Dolan is sold on Isiah, and Isiah gets a top 3 or top 5 pick in the draft, the Isiah says, "Give me more more year". Until Dolan gets intelligent and can get a competent GM, everything else doesn't matter, Rose or no Rose.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
BklynKING
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#22 » by BklynKING » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:54 am

Neb wrote:Nope, I'd love it actually. Will always cherish wins...especially now, when they are so rare. :(

Yup and they would remain rare for the next couple seasons unless we get a high draft pick who has the ability to turn this franchise around.

Currently....this team w/ Isiah running the show prolly won't ever make the playoffs. We're not looking to acquire some big time FA this summer....so what other way could we make wins 'expectable'.
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#23 » by Spot31 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:55 am

I don't care, lets win already. This draft doesn't seem to have a stand out big man that's worth a lottery pick. You guys seem to hype up this kid Rose who's only a PG. I rather we get a defensive center that can block shots. Man we should've lost like this last year and gotten lucky with Oden.
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Re: Would you guys be upset if we go on a run? 

Post#24 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:55 am

clowds wrote:I am taking the game we just one with a grain of salt.

But I believe that the Knicks will pull a late season run. A combination of teams tanking, other teams resting for playoffs, and the Knicks gaining confidence.

I think we all know, if the Knicks decide to play, they are a decent team (not what the record shows).

Would you be upset if the Knicks start stringing some wins? The next four games are winnable, and then we have Boston where NY will sure be fired up.

Yes. Very much so.
BklynKING
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#25 » by BklynKING » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:58 am

Spot31 wrote:I don't care, lets win already. This draft doesn't seem to have a stand out big man that's worth a lottery pick. You guys seem to hype up this kid Rose who's only a PG. I rather we get a defensive center that can block shots. Man we should've lost like this last year and gotten lucky with Oden.

Yea i'm sure Chicago would've thought we were their lucky charm
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 792

Post#26 » by KOA » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:50 am

I'd only want a run if it resulted in a second round playoff appearance. Face it, this team has the talent, they just are not playing as a unit and that is why they are not winning games. Noone from this draft will change that; but if someone (even Isiah) can actually get through to them, they will be a pretty decent team.
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#27 » by Spot31 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:10 am

BklynKING wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yea i'm sure Chicago would've thought we were their lucky charm

You're right, i forgot... stupid eddy curry.
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#28 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:15 am

I am never upset when the knicks win. never
NYC2BGI
Starter
And1: 1

Post#29 » by NYC2BGI » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:44 pm

I was upset that the Knicks won the other night vs. Detroit. I really was ready to mark that one down in the loss column but was totally surprised. As far as I am concerned, this is a lost season. Since we have our own pick this year we might as well lose every game and get in to the best draft position that we possibly can.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Re: Would you guys be upset if we go on a run? 

Post#30 » by ElMatatan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm

clowds wrote:Would you guys be upset if we go on a run?

Not really, it will actually be good for Curry.
NY State of Mind
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#31 » by StutterStep » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:52 pm

NewYorkKnight wrote:We are destined to be the Philadelphia 76ers of last season.

They were contenders for Greg Oden and Kevin Durant, virtual locks. Then they won a lot in the end and settled for Thaddeus Young, a tiny small cry from Greg Oden or Kevin Durant to be sure.

If the Knicks screw this up, all hope is lost. Just the same **** next season. I want the Knicks to lose and lose badly.

Bad Example -- Portland finished with 32 wins and won the #1 pick.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#32 » by StutterStep » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Spot31 wrote:I don't care, lets win already. This draft doesn't seem to have a stand out big man that's worth a lottery pick. You guys seem to hype up this kid Rose who's only a PG. I rather we get a defensive center that can block shots. Man we should've lost like this last year and gotten lucky with Oden.

I would actually prefer the 5th pick and select Hibbert. Last year, I questioned whether he should be a top 10 pick. Then he lost weight and shown much more agility. True, GTown is not as good as last year, but they lost Jeff Green to the NBA.

By end of Feb. another player will fill that void Jeff left - hopefully Ewing Jr. because they need a slasher who can finish badly.

Return to New York Knicks