ImageImageImageImageImage

A pretty decent article about our home team

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

A pretty decent article about our home team 

Post#1 » by rrosario35 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 pm

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#2 » by TKF » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:16 pm

heinson is a homer, but he is 100% correct. Guys like lee and balkman ride the bench, while Isiah tries to cater to primadonas in curry and zach. he called us basketball's version of the oakland raiders.. LOL... great analogy...
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:33 pm

I informed Heinsohn that the Knicks lead the league with 12 former first-round picks on their team.

"I see guys playing on that team that have the attitude that don't seem to get playing time - [David] Lee and the [Renaldo] Balkman kid," he said. "You've got five offensive guys. There's only one ball."

Would Heinsohn have predicted that the pairing of Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph would've been this disastrous?

"Yeah," he said. "They're low-post players. There's only one ball. What does Eddy Curry do? Eddy Curry's a low-post player. That was his history. They had trouble getting him in shape in Chicago all the time and keeping him in shape. The other kid [Randolph] is a talented player, but they had other problems with him out in Portland.

"They have changed over so many times, but the one thing about the Knicks' organization historically, even when I first started playing in the pros - they have little patience," Heinsohn said. "They're not willing to develop players - ever. They want to buy players."

There you have it...

Return to New York Knicks