ImageImageImageImageImage

[Breaking News]Marbury may have surgery-Out 2 months likely

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

peruanaso
Starter
And1: 1

Post#21 » by peruanaso » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:Marbury is just trying to get even with Isiah. He knows that Isiah is a piece of shyt that really only cares about himself, why not stick it to him? I think the incident involving his father's death is the reason why Marbury is acting like he is right now. I don't fault him. We are bad with or without him him any freaking way.

It is time to blow this entire team up. Let go of everyone in the front office and all the free agents Isiah acquired as well. Bring in fresh blood to start a new legacy. Hire some old Knicks who actually know what it takes to win championships in a city like ours. Willis Reed has front office experience; promote Frazier to work the front office instead of being a t.v. commentator, bring back Patrick and take it from there.

Does this mean the end of your Bill Laimbeer plan?
-steez- wrote:Cockadoodledoo f*ckers. Gallo is putting in work...
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#22 » by Huey Freeman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

SoCalKnickFan wrote:So I guess he couldn't make it to the game last night and sit on the bench with those spurs? Just BS, he's already quit on this team when he left Phoenix.

Exactly. Steph is such a p*ssy that it isn't even debatable any longer.
Revolution starts in the mind...
Huey Freeman
General Manager

Post#23 » by Huey Freeman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:Marbury is just trying to get even with Isiah. He knows that Isiah is a piece of shyt that really only cares about himself, why not stick it to him? I think the incident involving his father's death is the reason why Marbury is acting like he is right now. I don't fault him.

How is that Zeke's fault? Didn't Steph's family tell NYK brass NOT to tell Steph what happened until the game was over? Steph is a p*ssy, admit it. :lol:
STAR3URY3
Starter
And1: 0

Post#24 » by STAR3URY3 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 pm

I dont know why u guys hate him, when he comes on the court he drives to the hoop scores...gets u the assists....how are we better without him....its not like he comes on to the court and turns the ball over on every possesion...
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How is that Zeke's fault? Didn't Steph's family tell NYK brass NOT to tell Steph what happened until the game was over? Steph is a p*ssy, admit it. :lol:

Yes, Steph is a p*ssy. However, Curry, Q and Crawford are no better. You watch, it is a matter of time before Curry does something even worse.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#26 » by knicks742 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes, Steph is a p*ssy. However, Curry, Q and Crawford are no better. You watch, it is a matter of time before Curry does something even worse.

None of them have a history of abandoning their teams or being selfish like Marbury has had his entire career. What is worst than abandoning your team because you don't like the coach's decision????
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#27 » by mjhp911 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:12 pm

I think this is a blessing in disguise. He shuts it down for the year, and we send him home. He becomes a very attractive trade chip for the summer.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,620

Post#28 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:17 pm

YungNeef wrote:If it been bothering him for a while, why the hell he wait until now to get it taken care of....

Funny, I asked Allan Houston the same question
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#29 » by GuyverADL » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Im so glad Thomas has decided to keep these knuckle heads together instead of trading fro other peoples garbage. Obviously teams are trying to rape the Knicks with lopsided deals and Grunwald or Thomas isn't having it.

Marbury seem to have gone AWOL. He wants to "shut it down" for bone spurs when this guy is making a whooping 20 million a year. Ray Allen played with bone spurs the majority of the season last year. So you telling me Ray allen is tougher than Marbury.

He obviously wants to make himself untradeable. If Im Thomas I would have this guy rehabbing daily. He's comical at best. He talked about not putting up points over the summer stating he would average 10 dimes and this and that. Now he's back to the same old Marbury. Its like dude your a career loser making 20 million a year. He should have STFU and played like Thomas told him to play. I swear Marbury is a dam knuckle head.
Pistol Pete Vescey
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by Pistol Pete Vescey » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 pm

stephon marbury basically has the iq of a lab rodent, I doubt he could come up with any "scheme" to "get" anyone, he just sees something shiny and then scurries off to bat it around or stare at it for hours and hours and hours, that is about as complicated as he gets
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#31 » by PrecociousNeoph » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:17 pm

"bone spurs" completely contradicts Isiah's reaction when asked about Marbury's status. Isiah clearly did not want to answer the questions about it. if marbury needed surgery, why not just say the guy has bone spurs in his ankle?

I call bs.

edit: Found the exact quote

"I don't have a comment. I just want to talk about tonight's game and he's not playing."
“Bye, Felicia.”
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#32 » by makeitstop » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:20 pm

mjhp911 wrote:I think this is a blessing in disguise. He shuts it down for the year, and we send him home. He becomes a very attractive trade chip for the summer.

+1

Time to close the book on the Marbury Era. Shame it didn't work.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#33 » by DocZaius » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:27 pm

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,217

Post#34 » by Dan Z » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:30 pm

It's a shame that the team can't drop him and get him off the salary cap. I don't think any player is really worth $20 million a year(ok Jordan was) but he could at least try to live up to it the best he can.

He hasn't done that this year. Not only that but he's been a negative influence. The strange interview earlier in the year, not wanting to rejoin the team, refusing the be benched, calling the coach out in the media, etc.
gimmick413
Senior
Location: ST21- Warrior Father Friend Redskin .. you will *NEVER* be forgotten and will be eternally missed

Post#35 » by gimmick413 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:32 pm

If anybody hears any other updates regarding Marb's injury status, pls. post... Thanks.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#36 » by StutterStep » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:39 pm

mjhp911 wrote:I think this is a blessing in disguise. He shuts it down for the year, and we send him home. He becomes a very attractive trade chip for the summer.

Steph was done since going awol in PHX... this guys really ruined his NY cred big time!!!
Killa KMS™
Senior

Post#37 » by Killa KMS™ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:48 pm

yessssss stay down bury stay down
Huey Freeman
General Manager

Post#38 » by Huey Freeman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:52 pm

Dan Z wrote:... but he's been a negative influence. The strange interview earlier in the year, not wanting to rejoin the team, refusing the be benched, calling the coach out in the media, etc.

[/The Marbury Knick era] :clap:

Good riddance.
gelo05
Junior
And1: 4

Post#39 » by gelo05 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Steph: There's always next year.

yea on another team! Go F urself!
DoubtingThomas
Junior

Post#40 » by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:34 pm

I predict a draft night trade where Marbury and the Knicks top 5 pick are traded for Tracey McGrady or Shaq and Jason Williams. Maybe if the Gods' of fate are being kind, this trade will be made for Shawn Marion. Anyway it happens, the Knicks make another franchise destroying mistake.

Return to New York Knicks