ImageImageImageImageImage

RANDOLPH DEAL TO BUCKS LEGIT BUT.....

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NYKNICKS03
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

RANDOLPH DEAL TO BUCKS LEGIT BUT..... 

Post#1 » by NYKNICKS03 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 am

FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#2 » by FKF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:13 am

I read this, but I've learned to not buy too much in Pete Vecsey's articles...

Zach + Balkman for Simmons, Gadzuric & Villanueva?

i haven't really looked at the Bucks this season, but these guys really don't excite me... Simmons & Gadzuric played for a contract, we don't need these guys... I mean if we're looking for shotblocking, there are much cheaper alternatives than Gadzuric.
Villanueva is just another Tim Thomas IMO who is hoping for more minutes, double digits numbers in scoring, and a good contract...

Why would we help the Bucks solve all their issues?
Randolph is not working here because the rest of the team doesn't complement his game. But a team with Mo Williams & Redd at the guards, helped by Zach's low block game, would be an instant play-off team.
Plus they get Balkman, no freaking way!!

We're desperate to move Randolph, but we're not desperate to get bigger and unwanted contracts... Who wants Bobby Simmons in the league?? honestly... If we take him, the Bucks gotta swallow Q-Rich or Rose or James or Jeffries .... Zach at least is producing numbers...
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#3 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:47 am

I made a similar trade on NBA 2k8 only I shipped out Curry instead of Zach. I just wanted to get Charlie Villanueva on my team.

HOWEVER... I would never do that in real life.

We don't need more players that aren't stars. We need to ship out a lot of our players for one main player who plays on both sides of the court.

This deal won't happen. UNLESS we get a 1st rd pick.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#4 » by drj » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:01 pm

"The earthly remains of Tracy McGrady" and "half man half outpatient" were pretty good lines.
arenas809
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#5 » by arenas809 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:11 pm

The Knicks could take Gadzuric, Villanueva, and Charlie Bell and wouldn't have to touch Simmons.

I love these guys who are obviously not familiar with the 125%+ 100K rules that are in play for over the cap teams making trades.

They're too busy trying to match salaries, which is why they come up with these stupid scenarios.

Just to get rid of Randolph, the Knicks are going to take a 7 and 3 reserve making more than 10 million per and is due a raise per the trade kicker in his contract?

Get real.
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 pm

arenas809 wrote:The Knicks could take Gadzuric, Villanueva, and Charlie Bell and wouldn't have to touch Simmons.

I love these guys who are obviously not familiar with the 125%+ 100K rules that are in play for over the cap teams making trades.

They're too busy trying to match salaries, which is why they come up with these stupid scenarios.

Just to get rid of Randolph, the Knicks are going to take a 7 and 3 reserve making more than 10 million per and is due a raise per the trade kicker in his contract?

Get real.

I can understand dealing for Gdz. He is long and active enough to complement an offensive big man that can't defend. Dealing Zach may just be good for the Knicks. It is simple, what we have right now is not working. We have to get rid of some of our individual players to finally become a team. I don't know if you guys have realized that our starting lineup has more than 4 guys that can't operate without the ball.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).

Return to New York Knicks