ImageImageImageImageImage

ATH - Only NY is a bigger disappointment than Chicago

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

ATH - Only NY is a bigger disappointment than Chicago 

Post#1 » by DE FENSE » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:37 pm

On Around The Horn, Jay Mariotti from the Chicago Sun Times said, "West of Madison Square Garden, Chicago is the biggest disappointment in the NBA."

Is that accurate? Were Chicago's aspriations smaller in magnitude than the Knicks hopes of making the playoffs? Or is this just Mariotti taking comfort in knowing that the Knicks are only slightly more pathetic? Thoughts?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,181

Post#2 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:52 pm

hmm maybe Charlotte? They got Jrich for a reason, and paid for Gerald. Milwaukee seemed really disappointed last time they lost to us. I think all two of their fans were expecting to make the playoffs. Chicago's fallen a bit though.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,146

Post#3 » by Capn'O » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:00 pm

Chicago's demise really came out of nowhere... I didn't expect them to challenge for the east but I thought they'd at least be in the playoff mix.

Miami's fall has been pretty devastating.

People expected more out of Houston too though they're starting to turn it around (*cough* notice who's been missing as they do it).

Edit: New Jersey sucks too. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#4 » by truth serum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Chicago has to be the biggest dissapointment. Pundits had them as the 1 seed in the east. Some had them in the finals. They are one of the worst teams in the league.

As for the Knicks....no one really expected anything good from them besides people on this board including myself. I used to get angry at writers and analysts for claiming the Knicks would probably be 5 games better than last year. Now it looks like we might be 10 games worse.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#5 » by truth serum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:05 pm

P.S. Jay Mariotti is a huge tool box.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#6 » by DE FENSE » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:12 pm

At The Mecca wrote:Chicago has to be the biggest dissapointment. Pundits had them as the 1 seed in the east. Some had them in the finals. They are one of the worst teams in the league.

I agree, no one knew what to expect from NY, especially with the new Zach/Eddy combo drawing comparisons to the Franbury disaster. Throw in a very public legal distraction and expectations fall.

The Bulls descent seems more unexpected since there were no big changes from last season, and they had another year +playoffs under their belt.
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Jemini80 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:12 pm

do people not know why Charlotte really got J-Rich?

they had to get over the minimum salary limit, that was a horrible trade for them, but they needed to do it, or they would have had to sign Emeka to a max deal or overpay someone a great deal to get over the minimum limit.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: ATH - Only NY is a bigger disappointment than Chicago 

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:23 pm

DE FENSE wrote:On Around The Horn, Jay Mariotti from the Chicago Sun Times said, "West of Madison Square Garden, Chicago is the biggest disappointment in the NBA."

Is that accurate? Were Chicago's aspriations smaller in magnitude than the Knicks hopes of making the playoffs? Or is this just Mariotti taking comfort in knowing that the Knicks are only slightly more pathetic? Thoughts?

Psych term for this is minimizing (oh, at least we're not as bad as the Knicks). Jay...seek professional help.
akkuma2k
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#9 » by akkuma2k » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:36 am

only ny??? what about miami wade and shaq two of the top 15 players in the league can only muster 8 wins ?? they :crazy:
The TRUE warrior enters the arena with ALL his weapons at the reign!
disgruntledknicksfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by disgruntledknicksfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 am

i think miami's worse, but NY is a pretty big dissapointment, bigger than the bulls.

Return to New York Knicks