ImageImageImageImageImage

RUMOR: Cleveland wants Jamal Crawford

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#181 » by Fury » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Yep, I definitely won the argument.

When the guy you're arguing with tries to laugh it off with no rebuttal, you know you won. Cheers.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#182 » by HEZI » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Fury wrote:Yep, I definitely won the argument.

When the guy you're arguing with tries to laugh it off with no rebuttal, you know you won. Cheers.

No you will learn, when your stuck in an argument with somebody who is going nowhere with their argument just blabs how percentages dont matter and one player is better, you know the argument isnt going anywhere and theres no point in trying to argue because its a waste of time.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Fury
RealGM

Post#183 » by Fury » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:23 pm

You may need a little help in your grammar too. Listen buddy, you got owned. Deal with it.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#184 » by HEZI » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Fury wrote:You may need a little help in your grammar too. Listen buddy, you got owned. Deal with it.

Ok little guy, whatever makes you feel better, as long as your not crying over the fact that I dont want to waste my time with you, its all good. Im done with you, c ya. :wave:
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#185 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:28 pm

Crawful for their first rounder + fillers

REBUILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#186 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:30 pm

SMAC-K wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ok, so with what they got from NY, how did that help them in any sort of way that particular year?

Othella Harrington is the only player that made any sort of contribution for the Bulls. OTHELLA HARRINGTON!

The Bulls got two top ten picks, but Crawford himself was a top ten pick, so why wasnt he able to lead those Bulls to anything other than the Lottery? Now Ben Gordon and Deng come in from winning programs and proven winners, and magically these rookies are able to help carry Chicago to the playoffs?

LOL Crawford didnt even play more than twenty minutes per game until his final year and he missed a year with a ACL with the Bulls what are you talking about ? Artest and Brand also were on the Bulls and they actually had a 13 win season. The Bulls were REBUILDING and didnt even speak of the playoffs until Crawfords last year here.

Gordon and Deng only played 20+ mpg but they brought in a older fa Noce who helped and the growth of Hinrich,Curry,and Chandler also helped but lets not forget it was Skiles first full year. The Bulls also improved the overall talent of the roster at 4-9 range as well.The guys who played with Crawford the rare several who have been out of the for the past few years and are not even 30 yet.

Chicago played off the Crawford trade like he was never part of the team. They just used Crawford to dump JYD on us, otherwise they would have just let him walk and never even miss him. Isiah was dumb enough to bite on the bait and look where we are left today. Chicago didnt care about letting Crawford go, they cared about removing JYD more than anything. So when Isiah came knocking they couldnt believe they found somebody that dumb.

Again you dont know what you are talking about . Pax offered Crawford a deal jamals declined he wanted more .Paxson didnt want to go through a season with jamal similar to the one he is going through now with Deng and Gordon with contract issues hanging over the teams head. Pax told jamal that if they could finds someone willing to deal that had something the Bulls wanted he would work with them. Houston was a ?? for the knicks and had expirings which allowed the Bulls to at least get be able to dump salary as Crawford was a restricted free agent so he had didnt have to accept the contract and if he signed the QO he couldnt be traded without his permission and the Bulls lose him for nothing.

I cant even believe I have to explain that :noway:
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
tommydee10
Junior
And1: 0

Post#187 » by tommydee10 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am so glad to see that we do have some very smart posters like yourself around here. I have been saying that for ever, but people just can't grasp that little known fact.

thanks...
tommydee10
Junior

Post#188 » by tommydee10 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:25 pm

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no one expects jamal to keep shooting at 50%, if he can stay around 45%, then that is great. I don't know of many guards that shoot 50% in this league. 45% in this league is good for a guard if not very good. So you are saying if jamal comes down to 44-45% that is poor shooting and we will go back to losing?

wow that's the understatement of the decade. Thanks, yeah if a career streaky shooter, with a tendency of questionable shots rips it at 45% it would be a career year. Actually it'd be an All-Star year.

My point is with Marbury on the bench and Crawford with the ball you're going to have an inconsistent offense like a quarterback that throws as many or more INTs than TDs. Can't forget in this AWESOME SEASON he's having he's averaging a career high in TOs. You want a 42% shooter with 3 TOs a game with just 5 assists taking 16-20 shots a game leading your team? Great, you've just signed up for inconsistent results. And those VERY good nights are games we MAY have a chance in winning. The poor ones lumped in with the guys who pout when they don't get the ball= Blowouts.

If he got to the line 10 times a game and averaged 7-8 assists and played a little D, then were talking about a winning player.

He's been a losing player his whole career. ASk yourself why.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#189 » by TKF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:35 pm

tommydee10 wrote:

I have, but I also asked the same question of elton brand before he became a clipper, and I don't see him as a loser. I posted the past 4 years record of the boston celtics with pierce leading that team. In those 4 years they only had 1 winning season. Should that be a negative reflection on pierce? or the fact that his teams just were not good..

Could that somehow be the case with jamal. For 4 of his 7 years in the league, he has either been a bench player, a role player or the third option on a team, yet you want to hold him responsible for those teams losing?

Tell me, is robert horry responsible for Teams like Houston, Los angeles and San antonio winning, I mean he has won every where he went. or could it be that he was fortunate enough to play with Hakeem, shaq duncan and kobe. Four of the 50 greatest players of all time? I know horry hit some big shots in his career, but ask yourself? come on man, your argument is so one sided....
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#190 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 pm

tommydee10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

wow that's the understatement of the decade. Thanks, yeah if a career streaky shooter, with a tendency of questionable shots rips it at 45% it would be a career year. Actually it'd be an All-Star year.

My point is with Marbury on the bench and Crawford with the ball you're going to have an inconsistent offense like a quarterback that throws as many or more INTs than TDs. Can't forget in this AWESOME SEASON he's having he's averaging a career high in TOs. You want a 42% shooter with 3 TOs a game with just 5 assists taking 16-20 shots a game leading your team? Great, you've just signed up for inconsistent results. And those VERY good nights are games we MAY have a chance in winning. The poor ones lumped in with the guys who pout when they don't get the ball= Blowouts.

If he got to the line 10 times a game and averaged 7-8 assists and played a little D, then were talking about a winning player.

But it hasnt been Crawford thats been inconsistent as the QB in fact while his play has been great the big difference lately has been the knicks have finally seemed to get a handle on the Curry/Zach situation and the knicks bench has stepped up bigtime .Instead of one or two guys making contributions you know have 3-4 and thats made a huge difference.

Crawford in a QB analogy is a QB that likes to manage the offense then make a play when needed as opposed to throwing it 30-40 times.

10 fta and 7-8 fta per game :o only lebron is doing stuff like that :rofl: so now the bar is lebron type play ?
DaBombBay
Ballboy

Post#191 » by DaBombBay » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:01 pm

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have, but I also asked the same question of elton brand before he became a clipper, and I don't see him as a loser. I posted the past 4 years record of the boston celtics with pierce leading that team. In those 4 years they only had 1 winning season. Should that be a negative reflection on pierce? or the fact that his teams just were not good..

Could that somehow be the case with jamal. For 4 of his 7 years in the league, he has either been a bench player, a role player or the third option on a team, yet you want to hold him responsible for those teams losing?

Tell me, is robert horry responsible for Teams like Houston, Los angeles and San antonio winning, I mean he has won every where he went. or could it be that he was fortunate enough to play with Hakeem, shaq duncan and kobe. Four of the 50 greatest players of all time? I know horry hit some big shots in his career, but ask yourself? come on man, your argument is so one sided....

Elton Brand and Paul Pierce? Lmao. I can't believe you try to stick to these ridiculous comparisons, hoping against hope that you can make a case that Jamal has Kevin Durant type talent and NY has been ignoring him due to Marbury, Zach and Curry. But the truth is Jamal is just a streaky, inconsistent chucker who doesn't play defense and turns the ball over. Jamal's game has always been flawed and detrimental to the teams he's played for. That's a problem Brand and Pierce never had. Wait until this hot streak ends and the great Jamal Crawford goes on one of his extended cold streaks. If you don't understand that Crawful is what he is and nothing more by then, we'll never get the Isiah out of you.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#192 » by boomann21 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 pm

DaBombBay wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Elton Brand and Paul Pierce? Lmao. I can't believe you try to stick to these ridiculous comparisons, hoping against hope that you can make a case that Jamal has Kevin Durant type talent and NY has been ignoring him due to Marbury, Zach and Curry. But the truth is Jamal is just a streaky, inconsistent chucker who doesn't play defense and turns the ball over. Jamal's game has always been flawed and detrimental to the teams he's played for. That's a problem Brand and Pierce never had. Wait until this hot streak ends and the great Jamal Crawford goes on one of his extended cold streaks. If you don't understand that Crawful is what he is and nothing more by then, we'll never get the Isiah out of you.

WE all are aware of the fact that he has been streaky but could you name a time in his Knicks tenure where he has been this hot when the games still counted? We've only had like 11 turnovers a game since the ball has been officaly put in Jamal's hands. Jamal is quickly turning the corner and becoming a force to be reckoned with but, the question is will the Knick fans accept his new lease on life or continue to bring up all the qualities they hate. Jamal is hooping his arse off right about now and if Marbury is banished from the team I fully expect this long time catipillar to start flying soon. Crawford seems like he was too humble to try and wrestle the leadership mantle away from Steph but now that the keys to the Knicks caravan have been handed to him I expect he'll be getting a lot more respect and becoming the complete Jamal Crawford we all have been praying to see. :pray: :pray:
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#193 » by cmaff051 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:17 pm

boomann21 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

WE all are aware of the fact that he has been streaky but could you name a time in his Knicks tenure where he has been this hot when the games still counted?

The games still count? We are 12-26 and well on our way to another lottery season. Where was Crawford when we were 0-0?
Fury
RealGM

Post#194 » by Fury » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm

I think he dropped like 24 the first game of the year. He's been here.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#195 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:23 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The games still count? We are 12-26 and well on our way to another lottery season. Where was Crawford when we were 0-0?

scoring 25 and 6 on 47% shooting

swing...................and a miss
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#196 » by cmaff051 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 pm

Fury wrote:I think he dropped like 24 the first game of the year. He's been here.

He averaged 17 points on his usual awful 40% shooting in the first 15 games as we sputtered out of the game to a 5-10 record. Nice spin, though. As the games become more and more meaningless, he gets better and better.
Fury
RealGM

Post#197 » by Fury » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:28 pm

24-25 points in the first game is a spin? Mmmkay.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#198 » by boomann21 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Well the 8th seeded New Jersey Nets are 18-20. Explain to me why these games don't count? During last nights broadcast of the Bulls and Heat I kept hearing the announcers say that the Heat had to win a certain amount of games to get back to .500 and if the Heat are still talking like they have a chance then why not our Knicks? Why can't we be making our move right now?
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#199 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:32 pm

He averaged 17 points on his usual awful 40% shooting in the first 15 games as we sputtered out of the game to a 5-10 record. Nice spin, though. As the games become more and more meaningless, he gets better and better.

You didnt say the first 15 games you said when the knicks were 0-0

but of course you change directions with acknowledging that

The starting pf was without the team for a good stretch due to a death in the family

and

the starting pg got into a altercation with the coach on the plane and left the team

feel free to continue the spin just wanted to add a few facts in there about what was going on with the time because we know you would never say it.

and he shot 41% for the month which is why you went with your small sizes .
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#200 » by cmaff051 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Fury wrote:24-25 points in the first game is a spin? Mmmkay.

Crawford supporters like really small sample sizes. Because it's the only way to prove that he isn't, in the end, an average player at best.

Return to New York Knicks