ImageImageImageImageImage

Jamal Crawford / Chauncey Billups comparison thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#41 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:58 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have no desire to get in a long debate about Crawford with you. You have shown no willingness to impartially debate the positives and negatives of Jamal's game. You have shown no desire to be reasonable about others who think differently about Crawford then you do, instead you'd rather engage in hyperbole like you have done so "eloquently" this entire thread.

Sooner or later you will find out that Jamal is not a victim of a bad situation, the bad situation is a victim of Crawford.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#42 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:15 pm

ou mean his entire career where he actually showed improvement from year to year and finally displayed the consistent talent that we all knew he had since college. Unlike Jamal Crawford, who is in Year 8 of his NBA career and still hasn't found a niche in this league.

Really ? Billups went from Bos-Den-Minny and then to the Pistons and thats when he became consistently good but he stepped into a veteran defensive team with a future defensive mvp on it.Crawford stepped onto a team full of distractions and chaos the last few years.

Im not gonna knock Billups because hes on my fantasy team :) and I actually like him but Crawford has improved every year just like Billups and the consistency has been here all year long.

Wow, another strawman argument. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. It's not a quantifiable stat using stats or numbers, but it is a measurable stat based on watching basketball. I could say that Ricky Davis has a higher IQ than Kobe Bryant. By your theory, I would be right since I can't prove it using stats. You are wrong. It's clear as day to anybody who watches basketball other than the Knicks (do you watch any other basketball other than the knicks and bulls?) that Billups has a higher basketball IQ than Crawford. That's not an opinion, that's a fact based on an IMPARTIAL evaluation of each player's career.

You could say Davis has a higher IQ than Kobe and I would want to know what would lead you to believe that.

It shouldn't be clear to anyone because they are not in the same situations.For some odd reason you seem to believe that both of these players are in identical situations thus both teams expect the same things out of them.Crawford is in situations that Billups hasnt had to deal with in years if ever.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#43 » by cmaff051 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:22 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You could say Davis has a higher IQ than Kobe and I would want to know what would lead you to believe that.

And I say the same thing when you try to compare Crawford's basketball IQ to Billups' basketball IQ. The difference between Crawford and Billups' basketball IQ is roughly the same as the difference between Ricky Davis and Kobe Bryant's basketball IQ...
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#44 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:49 pm

And I say the same thing when you try to compare Crawford's basketball IQ to Billups' basketball IQ. The difference between Crawford and Billups' basketball IQ is roughly the same as the difference between Ricky Davis and Kobe Bryant's basketball IQ...

But I didnt try to compare Crawford to Davis YOU DID .I said Crawford should be trying to be more like Billups .Where you haters always get caught up is that you immediately assume that because I dont believe that Davis has a high basketball IQ and Crawford and Crawford a low one that it must mean that Crawford is better than davis or has a higher BBall IQ when I dont believe that either.

I didnt compare Crawford to Davis either who is known as a cancer whose one career highlight is attempting a shot on the opponents basket to try and get a triple double but of course Crawford is just like him . :roll:
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"

Return to New York Knicks