ImageImageImageImageImage

We're a lot better without Marbury

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

We're a lot better without Marbury 

Post#1 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 am

Do people think it's a coincidence that we're turning it around after it appears that Marbury is pretty much done with this team? Can anybody still argue that we're a better team with Marbury?
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 am

And Curry being the non focal point and just an second option and finisher
YungNeef
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#3 » by YungNeef » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:13 am

We're a lot better when Isiah plays the right players.
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#4 » by nynixlive » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:13 am

I hope we buy out Marbs. Cut him loose to enjoy his life and let it all expire next year.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#5 » by DE FENSE » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

king_k4life wrote:And Curry being the non focal point and just an second option and finisher

Yes, this has been huge. We actually get ball movement.
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 702

Post#6 » by Clincher » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am

Afreakingain, we still have a craptastic record without Step. Step doesnt kill any chemistry with the team and hardly shoots first with all the injuries as he doesnt have that step he used to have.

Its just that Crawford is HOT right now, and now he logs in the 3rd most mins in the NBA. Add that together and your going to get a heavy dose of points.

Also helps that Balkman actually like.............Plays?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,025

Re: We're a lot better without Marbury 

Post#7 » by god shammgod » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am

Bill Bradley wrote:Do people think it's a coincidence that we're turning it around after it appears that Marbury is pretty much done with this team? Can anybody still argue that we're a better team with Marbury?

:roll: marbuy has hardly played all year. the knicks have hit a little good patch but aren't you celebrating a little early.
Pistol Pete Vescey
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by Pistol Pete Vescey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:16 am

not only are the knicks clearly better without marbury, but if he were bought out, I can only come up with one team that even THINKS about signing him for the min: miami. and only because pat riley might just be arrogant enough to think he can harness stephon's wild stupidity.

other than that, if he gets bought out, dude retires or goes straight to italy.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#9 » by I_Love_NYK » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:17 am

Marbury will never play like he in last year's 2nd half of the season, him and Isiah got too much drama going on and it will be better that they split ways.

In 3 of our wins Eddy Curry was not the focal point of the offense, they did not have to force feed to him and it should stay like that. When Curry wants to be force fed it kills chemistry and stops ball movement.
Clincher
General Manager

Post#10 » by Clincher » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:17 am

Pistol Pete Vescey wrote:not only are the knicks clearly better without marbury, but if he were bought out, I can only come up with one team that even THINKS about signing him for the min: miami. and only because pat riley might just be arrogant enough to think he can harness stephon's wild stupidity.

other than that, if he gets bought out, dude retires or goes straight to italy.

Marbury is still our best POINT GUARD though.

Why the heck would we buy out a contract that VERY soon becomes an expiring? Especially if or when Isiah is gonna be gone.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#11 » by cmaff051 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 am

We're alot better when Crawford chucks up 25 foot fadeaways at the end of the shot clock and they bank off the backboard and go in.
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Re: We're a lot better without Marbury 

Post#12 » by Big C » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 am

Bill Bradley wrote:Do people think it's a coincidence that we're turning it around after it appears that Marbury is pretty much done with this team? Can anybody still argue that we're a better team with Marbury?

I look at as not just Jamal plays good but Nate also gets more playing time.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#13 » by GuyverADL » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 am

DE FENSE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes, this has been huge. We actually get ball movement.

Curry needs to be moved. Plain and simple. Hell if we could move our entire front court I'd do it. Randolph to Miami/Chicago and Curry to Milwaukee.
King Jaffy Jo
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#14 » by King Jaffy Jo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 am

this just in
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#15 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 am

Some of you guys don't get it. Marbury is not a part of this team anymore. This is a big difference than before when he was a dark cloud over this team. Him being out for a few games here and there is not the same as him basically being gone from the team. Like it or not, this is Crawford's team now. Marbury is as good as gone.
Starbury4lyf
Junior

Post#16 » by Starbury4lyf » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 am

lol.. its just funny that some of u can think the team is better without him.. crawford goes on his hot streak one game.. q rich scores a bit in another and u think its because steph isnt there? get real.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#17 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 am

COME BACK MARBURY, I'LL BUY YOUR JERSEY AND WEAR YOUR SNEAKERS THAT GIVE PEOPLE BLISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
hustlenflow
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#18 » by hustlenflow » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 am

Bill Bradley wrote:Some of you guys don't get it. Marbury is not a part of this team anymore. This is a big difference than before when he was a dark cloud over this team. Him being out for a few games here and there is not the same as him basically being gone from the team. Like it or not, this is Crawford's team now. Marbury is as good as gone.

I agree. Marbury is a disturbance in the sense that he brings bad karma for starters.

Additionally, he only knows one way to play, and he's not as effective playing that way anymore, and he's not allowed to play the way he knows; thus rendering him completely ineffective.

I also think part of it is that Nate is maturing, and that Crawford and Nate have that 'Seattle connection' so to speak, they work well together.
CPThree wrote:OH I'M JERKING TO THIS DON'T EVEN CARE THAT MOMS IN THE SAME ROOM
-- On Lin's Game Winning 3 Against the Raps
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#19 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 am

cmaff051 wrote:We're alot better when Crawford chucks up 25 foot fadeaways at the end of the shot clock and they bank off the backboard and go in.

Yeah that and him putting up 35 and 8 is helpful as well.
Clincher
General Manager

Post#20 » by Clincher » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 am

Bill Bradley wrote:Some of you guys don't get it. Marbury is not a part of this team anymore. This is a big difference than before when he was a dark cloud over this team. Him being out for a few games here and there is not the same as him basically being gone from the team. Like it or not, this is Crawford's team now. Marbury is as good as gone.

To scapegoat anyone for the disaster this year is borderline ridiculous. Its a team effort my man, no one guy kills the team single handedly. I said this when Z-Bo was getting under fire on realgm, to single out someone from this team for all of our struggles simply isnt fair at all.

Again with Step out, this means MORE MINUTES for Crawford and because hes hot right now, he will help the team score some baskets.

Return to New York Knicks