ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Hypothetically speaking "The Wire" and Stringe

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

doctor fite
Starter
And1: 0

OT: Hypothetically speaking "The Wire" and Stringe 

Post#1 » by doctor fite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:58 am

Look? String has got to be one of my all time favorite characters on tv period. and as much as i love the wire, i lost a chunk of when Brother and Omar gave young Russell Bell his come comeuppance.

As great a scene as it was and as well deserved it may have been, it hurt to watch String get done.

Anyway, I'm wondering hypothetically what would have developed with Stringer if he had lived to this final 5th season?

Would he still be caught in street level issues? would he be a huge part oft eh Clay Davis corruption case? Would he have just gone legit and found his way out of the game entirely through real estate development? Maybe done that in season 4 only to get taken down by the corruption case with Clay this season?

Anyone wanna play what if?
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: OT: Hypothetically speaking "The Wire" and Str 

Post#2 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:02 am

doctor fite wrote:
Would he still be caught in street level issues? would he be a huge part oft eh Clay Davis corruption case? Would he have just gone legit and found his way out of the game entirely through real estate development? Maybe done that in season 4 only to get taken down by the corruption case with Clay this season?

Anyone wanna play what if?

Stringer was my fav also -- I would love to see that go down and Clay go gangsta, asking Stringer to gun down politicians, cops, etc... whoever...

I think Stringer might have been that one guy to get Marlo to cooperate. Right now, Marlo has no respect for the Co-op's brain trust because he knows they got no heart to go to war with them.

With Stringer, he didn't want war but he had the brain power to know Marlo's next moves.

That Avon/Marlo truce is tricky but I think it's lazy writing.
doctor fite
Starter

Post#3 » by doctor fite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:48 am

47 views... 1 reply? sigh...

i'm disappointed in the rest of you.

what i am thinking actually is that omar knows about the co-op and so do some other people. what if at the end of the series one of the payoffs is that they wire the co-op room? i mean they are dumb enough to do it at a hotel? and talk in a room they cant debug? if they wired one single co-op meeting they'd have all of baltimore's braintrust of the game busted.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#4 » by madvillian » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:51 am

Stringer wanted it to be one way, but it's the other way. So he had to get got.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
doctor fite
Starter

Post#5 » by doctor fite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:19 pm

im gonna take this opportunity for one last self bump and to point out... 78 views... only two fellow posters chimed in?

weak.

PS all these goddamned wire avatars and two people think this idea is worth commenting on?

Return to New York Knicks