ImageImageImageImageImage

Super Bowl Xlii, Giants vs Patriots take your pick

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl?

Patriots
40%
Giants
60%

Total votes: 60

Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
And1: 1
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Super Bowl Xlii, Giants vs Patriots take your pick 

Post#1 » by Remember the Past » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:04 am

Might be a little early but what the hell...Questions is self explanatory. I hate the Pats more than anything, I hate the giants too but I have to root for them so go NY.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,790

Post#2 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 am

Patriots because I've chosen Dallas and Green Bay the last two weeks and the Giants won.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#3 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 am

Jets fan here. I have no hate for the Giants. But I do have hate for the New England Patriots (and the Boston Celtics). So go Giants!!!!!!!!!!
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#4 » by richardhutnik » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:08 am

Pats will be favored by 2 touchdowns, and are going for history. They are an experienced team, and the Giants will be coming off a bye. The Pats should be favored to win.

Giants can win, but to say they will, is being presumptive. I personally hope they do, but will see here. The Giants played them tight at home, where they have a worse record than on the road.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#5 » by Ignitowsky » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:08 am

I think the Giants have a chance and it might be a very good game, but if I was going to bet it would be on the Pats. This of course has nothing to do with who I WANT to win

Giants all the way
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#6 » by krustytheclown » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:09 am

as a giants fan id give anything for them to win..but im not sure if they will
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#7 » by richardhutnik » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 am

Ignitowsky wrote:I think the Giants have a chance and it might be a very good game, but if I was going to bet it would be on the Pats. This of course has nothing to do with who I WANT to win

Giants all the way

Bet spotting the Giants two touchdowns? No way I bet that. If it were straight up, I see maybe here. But not with two touchdowns. Giants lost by 3 to them, with the Pats on the road.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

This is bigger than Football NY VS BOSTON 2,000 + 

Post#8 » by king_k4life » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:21 am

We the under dogs these days but the hate still boils

*Plans a Celtic Pride like kidnapping of Tom Brady *

:x :x :x :x
wambam78
Senior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by wambam78 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:25 am

It will be something like a 9,10,11 point spread, i think.

And you cant look at a regular season game even if it meant alot.
If you think eli is good in the hot weather (like arizona), brady is a guy who is probably the best hot weather gun slinger ive ever seen. I think the patriots win the game, but itll be close in the first half.

Tom brady is the best (arguably) playoff QB in NFL history. they are 18-0 for a reason and tom bradys record in the playoffs and qB rating all time in the playoffs is something like 17-1 and 120. I dont think the giants can take down this beast

pats by 15
richard
Banned User

Post#10 » by richard » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:26 am

it might be close, but giants will not win. brady will pick them apart all game long.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#11 » by mjhp911 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:38 am

Rich Rane wrote:Patriots because I've chosen Dallas and Green Bay the last two weeks and the Giants won.

:lol:

I like our chances, but I don't feel comfortable about it. In warmer weather, on a neutral field... the Golden Boy could very well go off. I'm torn between shortening the game, and letting Eli loose like the last game of the regular season. My head tells me the former is the better gameplan. While my heart says keep going at the Pats. If Plax and the whole O-Line is healthy, Gilbride might just open it up again. But we can't go 'prevent' like we did in the fourth in the 16th game. We have to keep scoring if we open it up (pick a track, and stick to it). Thirty five points wasn't enough to beat them the first time around...
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#12 » by ElMatatan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:44 am

Lets Go Giants!!!

btw, the point spread is +14 patriots
NY State of Mind
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by DaGoodz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:46 am

I was confident that we could beat the Cowboys and Packers. I'm not so sure about the Patriots. Only way I can see us winning is if Tom Brady has two INTS. Which is rare for him in a superbowl. Their offense is just too good, you saw last game we scored 35 and they scored 38. Its going to be tough
AirPaden
Analyst

Re: Super Bowl Xlii, Giants vs Patriots take your pick 

Post#14 » by AirPaden » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:21 am

Remember the Past wrote:Might be a little early but what the hell...Questions is self explanatory. I hate the Pats more than anything, I hate the giants too but I have to root for them so go NY.

New York all the way Baby! We avenged loses to Dallas and Green Bay.
If it were not for the late interception thrown by Ely we may have won the game. I like the Giants defense. If they can put pressure on Brady we will have a great chance for an upset.

The offense has also improved. They have to give far more touches to Ahmad Bradshaw. This kid is Tiki with speed and power. Jacobs is slow, most of the time he is very easy to bring down. Our receivers look great and Manning is coming into his own.
If you think you can you can, Get It Done!
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Re: Super Bowl Xlii, Giants vs Patriots take your pick 

Post#15 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:41 am

AirPaden wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

New York all the way Baby! We avenged loses to Dallas and Green Bay.
If it were not for the late interception thrown by Ely we may have won the game. I like the Giants defense. If they can put pressure on Brady we will have a great chance for an upset.

The offense has also improved. They have to give far more touches to Ahmad Bradshaw. This kid is Tiki with speed and power. Jacobs is slow, most of the time he is very easy to bring down. Our receivers look great and Manning is coming into his own.

Jacobs is not slow at all. You only think that because he is big. The staff knows how to distribute the carries right now, don't mess with success.

As far as the game goes, you don't pick against your team and I sure as he!! won't, Jints all the way.
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#16 » by JigenDaisuke » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:54 am

I want to ask you guys a question. When you have more than one NFL team in your city like the Jets and Giants, how do you decide which one to to be a fan of? And they both play in the same stadium which seems like it would make it even harder.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#17 » by krustytheclown » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:59 am

JigenDaisuke wrote:I want to ask you guys a question. When you have more than one NFL team in your city like the Jets and Giants, how do you decide which one to to be a fan of? And they both play in the same stadium which seems like it would make it even harder.

some people are raised as jets fans..some as giants. but for me its just the fact that the jets blow and the giants are the better team
KciDeKiLi
Banned User

Post#18 » by KciDeKiLi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:13 am

Giants. Spags has 2 weeks to study Pats footage.
slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Post#19 » by slamvangundy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 am

patriots beat the spread.
wambam78
Senior

Post#20 » by wambam78 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 am

marbury2curry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

some people are raised as jets fans..some as giants. but for me its just the fact that the jets blow and the giants are the better team

Care to explain to me how the Jets "blow"?

The Giants blew last year, the jets sure didnt. This year, the script flipped and the jets sucked, yes, but you dont judge franchises on 1 year because every year changes. the giants were 1000 to 1 odds to make the superbowl this year and most experts thought they would win 3 games. look what happened?

The Jets made the AFC title game in 1998, won the division in 2002, made the playoffs in 00,01,04, and 06 and won 3 playoff games in that span. Hows that sucking?

Return to New York Knicks