ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks vs Celtics - Today - 1:00 PM EST | Da' Boston 3 Party

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#461 » by BasicBall » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 pm

CTCeltsFan34 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL Well what do you guys expect?? You have had Q talking crap about the C's since the summer time, you have Nate Robinson acting like he is up 20 points in the game when they are DOWN BY 20. I wont deny that P2 and KG do tend to talk, but atleast they are in a position to talk. You have a few guys that put in a good effort, but then you have a few guys that tend to not know when to shut up, and of course teams are going to start yapping back at them, especially when you have a record like you have.

Whatever....They talk too much....WAY too much!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#462 » by Da_Mane_Man » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 pm

looks pretty cold in there, huh, jamal?
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#463 » by TKF » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:02 pm

SMAC-K wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So because the league isnt the same, players cant talk trash?

Dont forget, QRich is the one who talked shyt about the Celtics first and started the trash talking. We are also division rivals. The problem is, we suck and they are good. They can talk all the shyt they want.

you are talking in circles.. I don't want to revisit this anymore... put it this way, and this is the original point.. when the celtics do more winning than the 30+ games they have now, when they leave a mark on the NBA, then they can talk. So far, pierce, Garnett, ray,ray, all have done great individually, but they have not elevated any team to any sort of consistent level of great play..... got it?
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#464 » by GuyverADL » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:03 pm

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

can't take on more salary bro.. if anyone needs to dump salary, it should be us...

Eddy Curry
$8,947,543/$9,723,983/$10,500,423/$11,276,863

Stephon Marbury
$20,109,375/$21,937,500

Renaldo Balkman
$1,234,800/$1,320,960/$2,036,920/$2,918,906

for

Ron Artest
$7,800,000/$8,450,000

Mike Bibby
$13,500,000/$14,500,000

Brad Miller
$10,500,000/$11,375,000/$12,250,000

We dont take on the much salary but Miller isn't worth his salary. I just want to keep Lee for now.
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#465 » by Jemini80 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:04 pm

i got hammerd last night, no idea the game was on at 1200 central time, just woke up, clearly missed it.

Did anything exciting happen, i see Pierce was ejected? Did he act like a bitch and let someone stab him again?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#466 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 pm

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you are talking in circles.. I don't want to revisit this anymore... put it this way, and this is the original point.. when the celtics do more winning than the 30+ games they have now, when they leave a mark on the NBA, then they can talk. So far, pierce, Garnett, ray,ray, all have done great individually, but they have not elevated any team to any sort of consistent level of great play..... got it?

What's Q-rich's excuse then? The guy talks more than Pierce and KG and he hasn't elevated his team to any sort of consistent level of play... actually he has, consistently sucky play...
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 697

Post#467 » by Clincher » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Dont forget, QRich is the one who talked shyt about the Celtics first and started the trash talking. We are also division rivals. The problem is, we suck and they are good. They can talk all the shyt they want.

If you havent won **** like that clown Pierce has, you better not talk trash.

I dont mind the Boston team, but its Paul Pierce who I have absolutely no respect for and dont like. He pissed me off for years with his constant mouthing off and reached a boiling point with his choke on no reason on Crawford in the preseason.

Thankfully Boston has KG and Allen to rely on in the playoffs because Pierce fades away come that time. Biggest moment was him getting thrown out vs the Pacers on the Tinsley foul. Walker had to lead the team and bail them out.
Clincher
General Manager

Post#468 » by Clincher » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What's Q-rich's excuse then? The guy talks more than Pierce and KG and he hasn't elevated his team to any sort of consistent level of play... actually he has, consistently sucky play...

I hated Q running his mouth on the Celts but at least he didnt choke anybody for no reason like Paulie did.

I remember Pierce and Mr Fugazy got into an altercation in the past. Every game I see of Paul its him flapping his mouth.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant

Post#469 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:09 pm

Why the hell does Isiah leave Crawford in the game until almost a minute remaining in the game when we are down 20? I hate his coaching, gosh.

We did as well as we could have expected, no moral loss here. Our team was kind of worn out from playing all those games last week.
Eric12
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#470 » by Eric12 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:10 pm

I found the jacket Plaxico was wearing to the game. :)
http://www.mitchellandness.com/detail.aspx?ID=6642
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#471 » by HEZI » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:10 pm

TKF wrote:you are talking in circles.. I don't want to revisit this anymore... put it this way, and this is the original point.. when the celtics do more winning than the 30+ games they have now, when they leave a mark on the NBA, then they can talk. So far, pierce, Garnett, ray,ray, all have done great individually, but they have not elevated any team to any sort of consistent level of great play..... got it?

Pierce has been in the Easter conference championship with Antoine Walker as his sidekick. ANTOINE WALKER!!!!! I think that alone gives Pierce more credit than you are giving him. KG has been stuck with McHale as his GM for most of his career. Kevin McHale who couldnt put any sort of talent around KG in 13 years. He had Cassell and Spree that one year and thats it. Ray Allen has also never had a good enough team to be a consistent winner. These guys have done far more than you give them credit for, the fact that they never had a chance to do what you expect will give them the right to talk shyt is not their fault. They got a good team NOW and they can talk shyt all they want.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Clincher
General Manager

Post#472 » by Clincher » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Pierce has been in the Easter conference championship with Antoine Walker as his sidekick. ANTOINE WALKER!!!!! I think that alone gives Pierce more credit than you are giving him. KG has been stuck with McHale as his GM for most of his career. Kevin McHale who couldnt put any sort of talent around KG in 13 years. He had Cassell and Spree that one year and thats it. Ray Allen has also never had a good enough team to be a consistent winner. These guys have done far more than you give them credit for, the fact that they never had a chance to do what you expect will give them the right to talk shyt is not their fault. They got a good team NOW and they can talk shyt all they want.

Toine And The Wiggle was money in Boston in the old days, when he got traded to DAL the Boston faithful were heartbroken. There was a reason why Boston made sure to re-get Walker
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#473 » by Flaming Mo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Talk bad about bad players, but talking about KG like he is Eddy Curry is just pure hate and jealousy.

KG is 5 times the player anybody on the Knicks is. We could only dream of having a player like KG one day. People want to hate KG for showboating, who cares? The guy is unstoppable and his team is winning mainly because of him. He plays defense, he is uneslfish, and he is one of the most talented players in the league.

So that makes him god and I'm not allowed to critisize him?! Sorry, didn't know that Kevin Garnett was above everything. This isn't about the Knicks, I am just talking about KG and that his showboating goes over the top. Especially when he hasn't won a ring yet.

I talk much worse about Curry and company, so I don't know your point here. But hell, game over, another loss, what does it matter... good night.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
HEZI
RealGM

Post#474 » by HEZI » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Clincher wrote:If you havent won **** like that clown Pierce has, you better not talk trash.

I dont mind the Boston team, but its Paul Pierce who I have absolutely no respect for and dont like. He pissed me off for years with his constant mouthing off and reached a boiling point with his choke on no reason on Crawford in the preseason.

Thankfully Boston has KG and Allen to rely on in the playoffs because Pierce fades away come that time. Biggest moment was him getting thrown out vs the Pacers on the Tinsley foul. Walker had to lead the team and bail them out.

In 37 playoff games, Pierce is averaging 24 PPG, 8 RPG, 4 APG, 2 SPG, 1 BPG.

How the f*ck does Pierce fade in the playoffs?
DENVER NUGGETS
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#475 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So that makes him god and I'm not allowed to critisize him?! Sorry, didn't know that Kevin Garnett was above everything. This isn't about the Knicks, I am just talking about KG and that his showboating goes over the top. Especially when he hasn't won a ring yet.

I talk much worse about Curry and company, so I don't know your point here. But hell, game over, another loss, what does it matter... good night.

No, you said Kevin Garnett is a career loser, which is patently false and is the definition of hyperbole... do you actually believe he is a career loser? Seriously?
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#476 » by BasicBall » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Q was asked a question and answered that they are not NBA Champions yet! People give them top as if they have won the title....The Pistons are pretty damn good too, so are The Spurs, how much do they talk??
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Clincher
General Manager

Post#477 » by Clincher » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm

In 37 playoff games, Pierce is averaging 24 PPG, 8 RPG, 4 APG, 2 SPG, 1 BPG.

How the f*ck does Pierce fade in the playoffs?

He may get some points early on, but he isnt there leading the team in the postseason like the franchise player hes crowned. Hes often doing something stupid costing the team.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#478 » by HEZI » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:So that makes him god and I'm not allowed to critisize him?! Sorry, didn't know that Kevin Garnett was above everything. This isn't about the Knicks, I am just talking about KG and that his showboating goes over the top. Especially when he hasn't won a ring yet.

Its not that you cant critisize him, its that people are acting imature by doing so. I mean, people cant hate on his game because he is a great player so they talk about him not winning a ring and showboating. Like I said before, if KG was on the Knicks and we were in Bostons shoes, we would not critisize KG for that at all and in fact we would find joy out of it and love him for it.
DENVER NUGGETS
HEZI
RealGM

Post#479 » by HEZI » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:22 pm

BasicBall wrote:Q was asked a question and answered that they are not NBA Champions yet! People give them top as if they have won the title....The Pistons are pretty damn good too, so are The Spurs, how much do they talk??

Rasheed Wallace is one of the biggest trash talkers and showboaters in the league.

The Spurs have a different character, so what? Is the Spurs way the only way to win? We all must be like the Spurs now?
DENVER NUGGETS
HEZI
RealGM

Post#480 » by HEZI » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Clincher wrote:He may get some points early on, but he isnt there leading the team in the postseason like the franchise player hes crowned. Hes often doing something stupid costing the team.

:rofl:

Yeah Walker was leading them, right?
DENVER NUGGETS

Return to New York Knicks