ImageImageImageImageImage

Place any defensive big next to zach or eddy, who do u pick?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Place any defensive big next to zach or eddy, who do u pick? 

Post#1 » by Big Chan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am

We all know that placing a defender next to zach or eddy would make each one of them better, but who would benefit the most and help the team win?

After watching this season its apprarent to me that zach is 2x the basketball player Curry is. He hustles and grabs a ton of boards, while excelling at both an inside and outside game. Curry is all post and no boards.

If we paired Zach with a Chandler, Dalembert, Camby type, we would have the best PF, C, tandem in the league.

If you did the same with Eddy i dont think the impact would be as great. This is why we need to stop trying to trade zach and his huge contract for other huge contracts ie.( carter) or garbage players i.e( milwaukee). We need to move Curry for a defensive minded Center (not going to happen) or an almost expiring to two year deal and a late lottery pick.

We need a raw defensive presence, maybe Hasheem Thabeet from Uconn or a similar rangey athletic type. A 3 headed forward cetner monster of Zach Thabeet and Lee would be a formidable trio.

In sumamry, we need to hear rumors of Curry being shopped, not Zach. He plays hard, while Curry is lazy and has no desire or heart. Give me players with heart anyday over athleticism.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#2 » by cmaff051 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:47 am

Dwight Howard
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,121

Post#3 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:51 am

I'd shop both of them, and trade the one with the greatest value...or I would trade both of them.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Re: Place any defensive big next to zach or eddy, who do u p 

Post#4 » by RHODEY » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 am

Big Chan wrote:We all know that placing a defender next to zach or eddy would make each one of them better, but who would benefit the most and help the team win?

After watching this season its apprarent to me that zach is 2x the basketball player Curry is. He hustles and grabs a ton of boards, while excelling at both an inside and outside game. Curry is all post and no boards.

If we paired Zach with a Chandler, Dalembert, Camby type, we would have the best PF, C, tandem in the league.

If you did the same with Eddy i dont think the impact would be as great. This is why we need to stop trying to trade zach and his huge contract for other huge contracts ie.( carter) or garbage players i.e( milwaukee). We need to move Curry for a defensive minded Center (not going to happen) or an almost expiring to two year deal and a late lottery pick.

We need a raw defensive presence, maybe Hasheem Thabeet from Uconn or a similar rangey athletic type. A 3 headed forward cetner monster of Zach Thabeet and Lee would be a formidable trio.

In sumamry, we need to hear rumors of Curry being shopped, not Zach. He plays hard, while Curry is lazy and has no desire or heart. Give me players with heart anyday over athleticism.

Well I would Keep Zach over Curry and pair him with Marcus Camby or Tyson Chandler. But really this becomes a "daydream" post if we talk about those guys. The best "defensive " Big that would even remotely be available would be Dalembert and honestly he is not worth Curry - not with that huge contract. Best bet is to Pawn Curry off for a Draft pick and use it to get someone who could potentially be the next "Camby" or Mutumbo"...
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#5 » by drj » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:12 am

knicksh20b wrote:I'd shop both of them, and trade the one with the greatest value...or I would trade both of them.

Agreed. Trade 'em both. First one to fetch a good offer is the first one to get traded!

This idea that you can win with Zach + a defensive C? Portland tried it with Zach and Pryz. Guess what conclusion they came to? In fact Portland had the opportunity of pairing Zach with Oden (projected to be one of the great defensive Cs). Yet instead they dumped Zach for pennies on the dollar. Think they might have known what they were doing?
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#6 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:13 am

Randolph keeps making a case on why Curry should be shipped.

If you havent noticed Thomas has been giving Curry the Charmin treatment. He starts him but yanks him quickly. :rofl:

These rumors of Randolph being shopped seem similar to the rumors of Lee being shopped last year. I think Thomas is trying to get a good deal for players like Lee, Robinson, and Balkman then offers Curry instead as a counter offer.

If Curry heard he was on the block his confidence would probably be shattered.
Big Chan
Veteran

Post#7 » by Big Chan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:17 am

RHODEY wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well I would Keep Zach over Curry and pair him with Marcus Camby or Tyson Chandler. But really this becomes a "daydream" post if we talk about those guys. The best "defensive " Big that would even remotely be available would be Dalembert and honestly he is not worth Curry - not with that huge contract. Best bet is to Pawn Curry off for a Draft pick and use it to get someone who could potentially be the next "Camby" or Mutumbo"...

Thats exactly what i said, get Thabeet
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#8 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 am

Big Chan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats exactly what i said, get Thabeet

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How about we get a guy whos decent at BOTH ends of the floor. If Im going to take someone that raw with our projected pick its going to be Jordan.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Post#9 » by RHODEY » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 am

drj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed. Trade 'em both. First one to fetch a good offer is the first one to get traded!

This idea that you can win with Zach + a defensive C? Portland tried it with Zach and Pryz. Guess what conclusion they came to? In fact Portland had the opportunity of pairing Zach with Oden (projected to be one of the great defensive Cs). Yet instead they dumped Zach for pennies on the dollar. Think they might have known what they were doing?

Sure but there is a world of difference between Camby and Pryz.
Big Chan
Veteran

Post#10 » by Big Chan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:42 am

optimusadl wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How about we get a guy whos decent at BOTH ends of the floor. If Im going to take someone that raw with our projected pick its going to be Jordan.

Im not trying to draft thabeet with the 3-8 picks, i was saying with a late lottery to mid first round, read the post before you roll on the floor.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#11 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:44 am

Big Chan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Im not trying to draft thabeet with the 3-8 picks, i was saying with a late lottery to mid first round, read the post before you roll on the floor.

I would not waste any lottery pick on Thabeet. We'd be better off taking Dorsey in the second round.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#12 » by krustytheclown » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:23 am

CHANDLER AND CURRY!!!!
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#13 » by method » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:44 am

J Noah next to Zach.

Or Emeka next to Curry.

Or Tyson next to either.

Oh and I would love to draft Thabeet if we got a pick out of the top 7.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#14 » by mjhp911 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:00 am

It's easier to get a defensive center. This defensive center can erase some of our perimeter's 'mistakes'. It's harder for a PF to do this. And yes, Z-Bo is twice the player Curry is.
jdub114
Junior
And1: 0

Post#15 » by jdub114 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:34 am

Jerome James
"One plus one is two, all day long, and it’s never gonna change. And that’s factorial." - Starbury
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#16 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:21 am

wake up, were not getting tyson chandler, hes ripping it and should be an allstar
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#17 » by drj » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:42 am

jdub114 wrote:Jerome James

Jerome James? Are you crazy dude?
The answer is obviously Malik Rose!
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#18 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:47 pm

method wrote:J Noah next to Zach.

Or Emeka next to Curry.

Or Tyson next to either.

Oh and I would love to draft Thabeet if we got a pick out of the top 7.

Same thoughts. Except I don't know about Thabeet. Maybe.
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:57 pm

There are a couple of things about the game that can't be thought and they are: heart and height. Curry is lacking in both departments which is critical when it comes to playing the Center spot. The smart thing to do would be to get rid of Curry, but that is not expected out of Isiah, because he never makes the right deals. We need a young Mutombo like player who is well coached and has a high basketball IQ. The next young Mutombo in this upcoming draft is ironically from the same mold as Mutombo (Roy Hibbert).

We are to find a way to get this kid and most of all; we must bring in a true big man coach to further enhance the development of this young kid if we draft him. We all know that Isiah will never make such a move, because it is too good of an idea. Isiah will draft once again an undersize Center who can't defend nor pass the ball. Fire Isiah and bring in someone who has a clue about how to put a team together.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#20 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:There are a couple of things about the game that can't be thought and they are: heart and height. Curry is lacking in both departments which is critical when it comes to playing the Center spot. The smart thing to do would be to get rid of Curry, but that is not expected out of Isiah, because he never makes the right deals. We need a young Mutombo like player who is well coached and has a high basketball IQ. The next young Mutombo in this upcoming draft is ironically from the same mold as Mutombo (Roy Hibbert).

We are to find a way to get this kid and most of all; we must bring in a true big man coach to further enhance the development of this young kid if we draft him. We all know that Isiah will never make such a move, because it is too good of an idea. Isiah will draft once again an undersize Center who can't defend nor pass the ball. Fire Isiah and bring in someone who has a clue about how to put a team together.

he is lacking in heart. But height????

You're alone there body. Nobody's questioning Curry's height. Thats not the reason. He's not undersized at all.

Return to New York Knicks