ImageImageImageImageImage

Place any defensive big next to zach or eddy, who do u pick?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#21 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:24 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

he is lacking in heart. But height????

You're alone there body. Nobody's questioning Curry's height. Thats not the reason. He's not undersized at all.

I don't know how many times I must say this, Curry is 6'9". At 6'9", you must have a huge heart and a passion for the game to be successful. There is a reason why Ben Wallace had so much succes at 6'9"; whatever he is lacking in height, he makes up for it with athleticism and heart (desire). A player with no heart is not a good thing especially at Center.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#22 » by HEZI » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:55 pm

The answer is trade BOTH. Start David Lee and Randolph Morris.

Morris has a mid range jumper and a turn around jumper. He has better shotblocking ability than Curry. I think this kid might be ready for some serious minutes.

David Lee has a knack for the boards and he can also put up 15 points without a single play ran for him.

Oh but I know Isiah will never do that so why even dream about it.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#23 » by Big Chan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know how many times I must say this, Curry is 6'9". At 6'9", you must have a huge heart and a passion for the game to be successful. There is a reason why Ben Wallace had so much succes at 6'9"; whatever he is lacking in height, he makes up for it with athleticism and heart (desire). A player with no heart is not a good thing especially at Center.

Curry is 6'-10", and Wallace is more like 6'-7", so he has to have even more heart
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#24 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Big Chan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Curry is 6'-10", and Wallace is more like 6'-7", so he has to have even more heart

Regardless. Curry has the heart of a chicken, not a rooster because roosters will fight when they have too. That's why I was always against that trade and I was always against the philosophy of dumping the ball inside to him. This dude has not done anything throughout his career for Isiah to put this much faith in him.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Re: Place any defensive big next to zach or eddy, who do u p 

Post#25 » by swisscheeseD » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:43 pm

Big Chan wrote:We all know that placing a defender next to zach or eddy would make each one of them better, but who would benefit the most and help the team win?

After watching this season its apprarent to me that zach is 2x the basketball player Curry is. He hustles and grabs a ton of boards, while excelling at both an inside and outside game. Curry is all post and no boards.

If we paired Zach with a Chandler, Dalembert, Camby type, we would have the best PF, C, tandem in the league.

If you did the same with Eddy i dont think the impact would be as great. This is why we need to stop trying to trade zach and his huge contract for other huge contracts ie.( carter) or garbage players i.e( milwaukee). We need to move Curry for a defensive minded Center (not going to happen) or an almost expiring to two year deal and a late lottery pick.

We need a raw defensive presence, maybe Hasheem Thabeet from Uconn or a similar rangey athletic type. A 3 headed forward cetner monster of Zach Thabeet and Lee would be a formidable trio.

In sumamry, we need to hear rumors of Curry being shopped, not Zach. He plays hard, while Curry is lazy and has no desire or heart. Give me players with heart anyday over athleticism.

You Hear THAT Boston??????
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,155

Re: Place any defensive big next to zach or eddy, who do u p 

Post#26 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:58 pm

DRuNk 24/7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You Hear THAT Boston??????

Do you even know what it means?
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#27 » by Johnny Hoops » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:12 pm

I don't think there's any chance of bringing in a Camby or a Chandler.

Chandler would be great along side Zach but that ain't happening - Camby is too long in the tooth and would cost us a fortune.

Someone who would seem to be available would be Dalambert -- I've always thought he could ignite the right team.

I also think Kwame Brown would be a significant defensive upgrade to Easy Eddy.

The draft may be our best bet -- guys like Brook Lopez or Devon Hardin possibly.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#28 » by ITGM » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:40 pm

You need a player next to Zach who dosen't demand the basketball but will get garbage points and blk shots, that Player is Dalembert.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#29 » by TKF » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:41 pm

why do we have to keep putting guys next to these high priced bigs of ours to make up for things they should be doing? Doesn't that tell you something is wrong right there? How about moving both guys...
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#30 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:55 pm

TKF wrote:why do we have to keep putting guys next to these high priced bigs of ours to make up for things they should be doing? Doesn't that tell you something is wrong right there? How about moving both guys...

We will never be able to move these guys unless we are willing to accept more bad contracts. What Isiah really needs to do is a trade for Dalembert. He is healthy and playing very well at both ends of the court. The ideal player we should have gone after is Brandon Haywood, but Washington got smart.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#31 » by Handledatruth » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:48 pm

TKF wrote:why do we have to keep putting guys next to these high priced bigs of ours to make up for things they should be doing? Doesn't that tell you something is wrong right there? How about moving both guys...

The problem with that logic is that you would be ignoring and devaluing the things that they CAN do. Scoring in the post is not easy in this age of the soft zone. Both Curry and Randolph have proven that they can be dangerous in the post (Randolph moreso than Curry). There aren't many Sheeds , KGs, and TDs around that excel both defensively and offensively, but creating a two headed defensive/offensive front court is effective also. New Orleans is doing great with it. Dallas is doing pretty good with it also.

Honestly this team has enough talent to take advantage of the contributions that can be made by a defense first big man. It just mean that ONE of these offensive big men have to go to make it work. IMO Curry over Randolph (but thats a different debate).
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#32 » by TKF » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Handledatruth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The problem with that logic is that you would be ignoring and devaluing the things that they CAN do. Scoring in the post is not easy in this age of the soft zone. Both Curry and Randolph have proven that they can be dangerous in the post (Randolph moreso than Curry). There aren't many Sheeds , KGs, and TDs around that excel both defensively and offensively, but creating a two headed defensive/offensive front court is effective also. New Orleans is doing great with it. Dallas is doing pretty good with it also.
Honestly this team has enough talent to take advantage of the contributions that can be made by a defense first big man. It just mean that ONE of these offensive big men have to go to make it work. IMO Curry over Randolph (but thats a different debate).

well knowing that The sheed's and duncans of the world are hard to come by, then why did Isiah break the bank for curry( picks, money) and add more to the cap with zach? Honestly, I say get rid of both, or keep both of them together until Isiah gets fired..... honestly we can move both guys, we as fans are just going to have to be willing to bend over... we have to be willing to just take back trash with a shorter deal..... other than that, why would I want to add huge deals to help either guy? to make up for their weakness.. why? Bringing in a dalembert who is overpaid and not that good to cover up for curry is a joke.. It is like using your $500 Hermes shirt to clean a wine stain off your $ 5000 persian rug, just to leave less of a stain.....

No thanks!!
Knicksman780
Lead Assistant
And1: 899

Post#33 » by Knicksman780 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Josh Smith or AK47 as a sf (Curry & Balkman would def. have to go...maybe someone would take Marbury as a huge expiring deal too?) and Deandre Jordan as a draft pick next to Randolph...Then get a real pg with our entire MLE (Andre Miller?-can he be had if we give him a 6 yr deal? do we want to give him a 6 yr deal?)

Miller, Nate
Crawford, Fred Jones (Vet minimum)
AK or JSmith, Chandler
Randolph, Lee, Rose
Jordan, Morris, James

I would take that over our current roster any day of the week!!!

Return to New York Knicks