ImageImageImageImageImage

Isiah says the Knicks need a Garnett

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DoubtingThomas
Junior
And1: 0

Post#41 » by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Scott Layden needed Yao Ming. Its water under the bridge. After four years of total control of the franchise Isiah has turned the Knicks into laughingstocks. The only thing anyone should be crying about from the past is that the Knicks won 3 games in a row right after Dolan confided in friends that he was going to fire Thomas. The only way that Thomas would get Garnett from McHale is if McHale could totally fleece him. The Knicks did not have anything that Minnesota wanted and I am sure McHale has a strong opinion of Thomas and would not deal with him.
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#42 » by sonny » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:51 pm

reggielewis wrote:chi-towns offer the year before may have been better (deng/their first/joe smith)

We offered Deng/#2/Chandler
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#43 » by Jemini80 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 pm

****, if it will help the Pistons destroy the celtics, we can give them Curry for those expirings they have.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#44 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Im not going to say that we could have offered a better deal then Boston at all. Who knows what happens if Green and Telfair all of a sudden found there niche, it would have been a heist for the Wolves. However there is no way your going to tell me that Jefferson is a better player then Randolph. There are the same damn player...

Jefferson this year with the Wolves:
20.4 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 1.3 APG on 49% shooting.
Randolph with the Blazers last year:
23.6 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 0.2 BPG, 2.2 APG on 46% shooting.

Honestly Jefferson is Randolph before the surgery there is no denying that. Neither play a lick of defense, neither have ever been part of a winning team.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
OakMan34
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by OakMan34 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:33 am

Isiah Thomas: We Need A Kevin Garnett

Oakman34: I Need A Million Dollars
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,217

Post#46 » by aq_ua » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:46 am

OakMan34 wrote:
Isaiah Thomas: We Need A Kevin Garnett

Oakman34: I Need A Million Dollars

aq_ua to OakMan34 and Isaiah Thomas: Tough noogies
gmsnyk7
Starter

Post#47 » by gmsnyk7 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:17 am

isiah,....U THINK?!?!?!
sanddude909
Bench Warmer

Post#48 » by sanddude909 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:31 am

Jemini80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ball goes in and only turnovers come out?

i like Zach and he is the most fundamentally sound player this side of Tim Duncan, which is weird considering his love for spinning into double teams.

Zach Randolph "the most fundamentally sound player this side of Tim Duncan"?

Really?

Please tell me, as a trolling Warriors' fan lamenting his own team's inability to land KG, that this is a sarcastic comment on Randolph.

If not...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#49 » by GreenWithEnvy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:54 am

that is one the most asinine things ever said in the history of the world...EVERYONE could use a Garnett....**** even the current Celtics could use a Garnett.
Willie Green Is The Man!
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#50 » by Jemini80 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:17 am

sanddude909 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Zach Randolph "the most fundamentally sound player this side of Tim Duncan"?

Really?

Please tell me, as a trolling Warriors' fan lamenting his own team's inability to land KG, that this is a sarcastic comment on Randolph.

If not...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you have to watch the warriors, a streetball team, I wouldn't expect you to know what fundamental basketball is. Randolph is possibly in the top 5 least athletic players in the league and is completely fundamentally sound.

nice job making yourself look like an idiot, enjoy the tranny bars in SF.
sanddude909
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by sanddude909 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 pm

Jemini80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you have to watch the warriors, a streetball team, I wouldn't expect you to know what fundamental basketball is. Randolph is possibly in the top 5 least athletic players in the league and is completely fundamentally sound.

nice job making yourself look like an idiot, enjoy the tranny bars in SF.

You know, you must be right. Watching the Warriors' every night means I have no idea of what fundamentally sound means or looks like:

like, setting decent picks

like, boxing out for rebounds

like, having enough heart to care about defending and lateral movement

like, knowing how to dribble without looking down

like, knowing how and when to pass out of a double team

like, knowing how to provide help defense

now granted, maybe that all changed since he moved from portland to new york. i did get to see him a half-dozen times or more when he was with portland due to tv games (and in person at Oracle arena).

but the most fundamentally sound player in the league after tim duncan? more fundamentally sound (for big men) than KG, Yao, Miller, Brand, Chandler, Nowitzski, Rashard Lewis, just to name a few off the top of my head?

And that's not including any of the point guards, shooting guards, or small forwards that could be added to the list?

I understand rooting for a player, but anyone who really thinks that zach is the second most fundamentally sound player in the league after duncan is ...

well, i'll let someone else fill in the blank. i don't want some trigger happy mod getting upset at a lowly warriors' fan.

Return to New York Knicks