ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors are looking 2 bring a coach to teach Bargnani how 2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Raptors are looking 2 bring a coach to teach Bargnani how 2 

Post#1 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Raptors are looking 2 bring a coach to teach Bargnani how 2 play the Center position. That to me is the smartest thing every NBA teams should really be looking into doing. The Magic hired Ewing to coach Howard; the Lakers hired jabar; Isiah hired a 6'4" SF/PF to coach our bigs how not to play big. Our front line has been soft for the last 4 seasons and that has to change.

Since Isiah was hired, our bigs have been playing like SFs or SGs. It is now time to address the source of the problem. Dolan needs to either fire Isiah or order him to hire a real big man to coach our softies. That Swiss Cheese interior defense we have been playing is now getting annoying. We are not going to get a Garnett nor Shaq nor Duncan via a trade.

Do like other teams that have been winning the last 8 years. Start by investing in the coaching staff. After that, draft players that can fit whatever is the system.

Draft Hibbert to play Center, but hire a guy like Robert Parish or Patrick Ewing to coach him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... _bargnani/
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#2 » by magnumt » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:45 pm

^You complain about our bigs being soft, but umm have you watched G-Town the last few Years? Hibbert is a soft Big-Man that shows the occasional fire in him. He hardly Blocks, get Rebounds at a below-average rate for his size in COLLEGE ball, and travels under pressure quite often do his lack of passing out again a lot for the re-post. Sound like any of our guys?
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#3 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:51 pm

magnumt wrote:^You complain about our bigs being soft, but umm have you watched G-Town the last few Years? Hibbert is a soft Big-Man that shows the occasional fire in him. He hardly Blocks, get Rebounds at a below-average rate for his size in COLLEGE ball, and travels under pressure quite often do his lack of passing out again a lot for the re-post. Sound like any of our guys?
Bingo. I feel like people who are in love with Hibbert are ones who have not really watched him play. He is a finesse big man.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#4 » by truth serum » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Yeah, I don't agree with draft Hibbert....but I agree with everything else you said. Our coaching is a joke. One of the many reasons why we suck. I think Ewing could have done wonders for Curry.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#5 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:05 pm

ya its mark aguires fault curry is a soft, fat slob who cant rebound or play defense..

did you ever even watch aguire play? dude was a beast, quit blaming him for currys laziness and patheticness.. sh*t he works harder that curry in their workouts i bet

oh and hibbert is the softest slowest center out there, he disappears every couple games and puts up some sorry lines out of nowhere, if isiah drafted this guy wed be doomed..
NYC2BGI
Starter

Post#6 » by NYC2BGI » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:45 pm

GONYK wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bingo. I feel like people who are in love with Hibbert are ones who have not really watched him play. He is a finesse big man.
Yeah he seems like a bigger, slower Channing Frye except Frye has somewhat of a jumpshot. For 7'2" Hibbert should produce more rebounds and blocks.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#7 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:53 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:ya its mark aguires fault curry is a soft, fat slob who cant rebound or play defense..

did you ever even watch aguire play? dude was a beast, quit blaming him for currys laziness and patheticness.. sh*t he works harder that curry in their workouts i bet

oh and hibbert is the softest slowest center out there, he disappears every couple games and puts up some sorry lines out of nowhere, if isiah drafted this guy wed be doomed..

Aguire was a beast when he played the SF/PF spot. He was never a center. He probably can teach post up moves, but offense is not our boys problem. They need to learn how to play the total fundamentals of the Center spot; which is something Aguire can't really teach, because he was never a Center.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#8 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Hibbert has good fundamentals and he thinks defense first which is something we can't say about any of our current bigs. Draft the kid, but we must also do the next best thing which is to hire a big man that can truly coach that position.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#9 » by magnumt » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Knick 4ever wrote:Hibbert has good fundamentals and he thinks defense first which is something we can't say about any of our current bigs. Draft the kid, but we must also do the next best thing which is to hire a big man that can truly coach that position.

Bro, did you read ANYTHING the people before you posted? Dude, talking to you each and every time is like talking to a stone wall. :nonono:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#10 » by Knick 4ever » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:28 pm

I don't know what is wrong with some of you around here. You guys have no respect for a good coaching staff. Think about it this way, a good coaching staff is like having a great teaching staff in a school environment. A good teaching staff guaranties that your kids will receive the best teaching possible. There is a reason why our team has been as bad as it has the last four years. None of the coaches we have had the last 4 years were allowed to hire their own full staff. Not even Brown was allowed to bring in his own group of coaches. He had to either inherit Isiah's friends or Dolan's favorite boy (Herb Williams).
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#11 » by Lockdown » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Raptors are kind of in a position where they have to do something about Bargnani, he's playing even worse than his season averages look like. The #1 pick is too big an investment not to try to do something like this, because if Bargnani doesn't realize any of his potential then the Raptors never get to the next level.

But the OP is kind of right, you could argue the Knicks invested even more in Curry but they haven't brought Ewing back even though you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who thinks it wouldn't be a good move. He even wants to come back, I can only figure Isiah feels threatened having somebody that much more popular in New York than he is on his staff.

Return to New York Knicks